Someone Strong

Someone Strong

A Story by Akshat♥
"

This story is about a child who doesn't have a father...still fights with life and get our it:)

"















This is perhaps the hardest part of growing up without a Father… 

I have to do lot of thinking,
make a tough decision everytime.

Everybody does feel sorry for me..
but no one feels the way I do

My Mom took very good care of me and my sisters, 
I watched her struggle for too many years 
just trying to keep food on the table.

We managed but I never want to be put in a situation like this.
where I am forced to do the things that i never wanted.

A fathers love can't be given to me from anyone no matter what. 

A lot of times I try to think about who I would be if I did have my father around 
and I honestly dont think I wanna know.

I like who I turned out to be.
I like the fact that I had to struggle to get to where I am. 
I like the fact that I had to endure some hurt and pain ..
Now I am Stronger because of it.

I'm happy to say that a little while ago Me and Mom did have a terrible relationship 
and today I am happy because more than anything, today I can call her my friend
So living without a father did not turn out to be so bad after all. 

Am I affected by it today? 
Yeah I am.

I am in search of that type of love but at the same time 
I know that everyone cannot give that genuine love that a father can give

I can only say..Be strong in life
you never know what is next...

© 2013 Akshat♥


Author's Note

Akshat♥
please do review it...i don't mind either good or bad...
rate it also:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is sad and sweet.. bittersweet and honost, it is hard growing up without a father. I was lucky enough to meet my real father when i was 14yrs old.. He didn''t walk out on us, my mom just hated him so much she wouldn't let him be a part of our lives.. This write really touched my heart.. It is hard growing up without a father.. I think it is beautiful..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great stuff.. very creative, honest, and expressive.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I grew up without a father too, so this poem resonates with me. I love how you've used poignant images well, combining them with optimistic phrases. And yes, some just aren't meant to be fathers. But those of us who have experienced the pain of growing up without one know it is our duty to be there for the next generation!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very poignant piece.

I'd say that not all Father's are properly equipped to handle the rollercoaster that is 'Fatherhood'. And so i sympathize with the children who have to put up with it.

But for those Father's who are prepared...they pass on wisdom, and love- something priceless to their children.
Though it suffers some grammatical flaws i found this a very touching piece.
Nice one

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is something i need to write...(i have a father):)

Posted 13 Years Ago


sometimes it's better to not have a father around...my own two step-daughters, have a dad who can't stay off of drugs or out of prison, so i've been the guy for most of their lives.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To be deprived of a Father's love is sad, tragic, but it does make us stronger in many ways. Then sometimes we are fortunate enough to have someone come along in our life and fill this void, if we are receptive and open. Blood alone does not make for strong emotional ties, and true fatherhood is a responsibility, not just a sperm donation. I was blessed to have a step-Father who came into my life in my adulthood, but who fulfilled that role of Father effortlessly and easily. No blood ties, but a bond as strong as any was formed. He was a true father, and I miss him so. Your poem made me think of him, thank you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely piece. My own father was mostly absent when I was a child and my mother did a wonderful job on her own.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so beautiful :') Thank you for writing this. The message is so pure, so deep.

Take care,
Sofea

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful because it comes from the heart. I can see your writing improving. Just don't stop!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a good write, but not yet a great write. maybe some editing? I enjoyed it though.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1982 Views
63 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 3, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2013

Author

Akshat♥
Akshat♥

New Delhi, India



About
hello(Namaste), You can call me (or ashu), I LOVE MYSELF...!! :-P I am methodical,practical and a great friend....!!! I never make snap decisions, preferring to weigh the pros and cons of every.. more..

Writing
Miracle Miracle

A Poem by Akshat♥



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Akshat♥


I tried I tried

A Poem by Akshat♥


God God

A Poem by Akshat♥


Forget me Forget me

A Poem by Akshat♥