Fight or Fight

Fight or Fight

A Story by AlexValkyrie
"

I spelled the title intentionally.

"

Blood dripped slowly from my busted lip as I struggled back to a full upright position. Shakily I brought my clenched fist up to my face to wipe away the blood, looked my opponent in the eye and laughed, "That felt like a soggy pancake."


Immediately I regretted the words as the furious man roared incomprehensibly and struck me with such force I caught a brief moment of air and then collapsed upon the concrete with a subtle bounce.


But it was so right. In a sickening and insane way the humiliation was beautiful. Am I not better?


My limbs struggle to respond now. But cruelly I command my flesh to obey, to once again bring me to my full height and look into the eyes of the one who continued to knock me down.


The man grinned and muttered, "You fall apart like a soggy pancake."


Dizzy but stubborn it felt only necessary to reply with, "How very original." More venom would have spewed from my lips were it not for the immediate collision of my assailants fists repeatedly into my face and sternum in one last quick but everlasting session of severity.


Dull specks of glowing color. And a dark void closing in around the edges of my eyes.


What was the point? I only wanted more. More punishment. More hatred.


More.


I don't even recall whether or not I attempted to rise to my feet once more. All I know is that I woke up on the ground. Still alive. No heavenly reward for a stubborn a*****e who manipulates people into pummeling him.

© 2015 AlexValkyrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's sickly sweet. Poor guy was manipulated to be furious.

I like the narration. It fleets across the mind with ease but with a right punch. Not too long, not too short- just enough. I didn't expect a clean ending with him waking up. I like that guy. It's nice to not have light at the end of tunnel yet.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on February 18, 2015
Last Updated on February 18, 2015

Author

AlexValkyrie
AlexValkyrie

Joshua Tree, CA



About
I'm back. I don't do read requests. Those things stack up way too quickly. If you really want me to read something of yours then you will take the time to ask in a message. more..

Writing