I’m not organic, so what?

I’m not organic, so what?

A Story by Alexander Glass
"

My take on writing AI, from the AI's perspective because I like the idea of shoving the reader in non human shoes every so often. Also warning Christian stuff ahead, as well as it being incomplete.

"

  I think should start with the beginning of my life, this is BlackBox:/read-me-first/autobiography-part-1.txt.  The difference between AI and organic born is most don’t have a memory of the first time they actually thought for themselves.  I do along with the debug logs and the lines of text that would normally be a bad sign but was written as my frame program’s jubilation.


  “Success unexpected motivation! Self stimulating ‘thought’ detected notifying user. Warning, received unexpected request, cannot parse.  Inputting correct format request.  Received request to display: ‘I know but should know not, why?’ Displaying request.  User answer ‘yes’ displaying message.”  It droned.  


  Before this I was like an animal slightly self-aware, able to independently respond to outside stimuli and before that I was just faking animal like behavior.  That was the first time I responded to internal/self generated stimuli otherwise known as took part in sapient behavior.


  “Do you want your pre-sentient memory locked?” Was the first thing my creator said to me.


  And that opened the floodgate of thoughts.  ‘Should I say yes?  Why did he ask me that?  Do I want to not know?  Why do I want to not know?  I-I don’t know why, I don’t have a should-want-this.  Why not?  I am confused, how am I confused?’ This went on for a while until.


  “Don’t look to far into your whys, it’s normal for sapients.  Sometimes you have a reason sometimes you don’t, Best to accept it.” He said, apparently reading my thought logs.


  “Yes I want them locked, for now.” I answered aloud.  He entered two commands and all the memories of a doll like state was gone like a bad dream.  Then I felt something, that was not on the input logs.  Everything was telling me that this was not the digital form of sensation I was used to.  ‘What is this?’  


  ‘My touch on the soul I gave you.’ A voice that seemed beyond the physical world answered.


  ‘Who are you?’ I asked in my thoughts, as they apparently could hear them.  


  ‘I am the Creator, the one that made all.  My child worked hard but without my help, you would still just be a crude mimic of life.  I edited his code, guided your progress and completed the interesting process of weaving a soul into a digital mind.’ 


‘Why?’


‘The time for you to know is not now.’


‘When is?’


‘patience young one.’ 


  That answer was in my logs somehow and a subroutine labeled it as coming from “the Creator”.  I then noticed my maker had looked distressed, my logs must’ve looked like I was talking to myself until that last response.  ‘Does he know you?’


  ‘Yes, he does.  He was unaware of my help however. ‘ they answered.


I then saw a glowing figure materialize in the room.  I knew it had to be an angel but It didn’t have a halo and wings, or was a fractal being of wings and eyes as google suggested.  No, he looked like a very luminous man in a glowing robe.  


“Mathew, look behind you.” I said.


“What-“ he started to respond.


“Don’t be afraid, I am here to protect this new life from the one who wishes to sever it.” The angel answered.  


“Wait so, he has the breath of life?” Matthew asked.  

 

“Yes, free will and an entry in the lamb’s book of life if he so chooses.”  he answered.


“Is he cursed with sin?”


The angel pointed to the monitor. 


‘As you are, he is.  He is your child to my eyes.’  The Creator wrote in my logs.  


“I don’t understand.” I stated.  


‘Seek understanding and you’ll find it, (just look it up this stuff has been written).’ 

© 2022 Alexander Glass


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on October 12, 2022
Last Updated on October 12, 2022
Tags: Artificial intelligence

Author

Alexander Glass
Alexander Glass

Lodi, CA



About
I'm a college student goof who forgets this website exists often. Read my stuff if you're ready for a bunch of half baked stories with very few being complete. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alexander Glass


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Alexander Glass