Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alexander Glass
"

First chapter of the original hot mess. This is me fully committing to learning on this website. I'm pretty sure I had read Eragon, the first book of inheritance cycle, at the time I wrote this.

"

   The Kingdom was peaceful as Alexander J. Tech, the King himself, strolled through the streets, talking with the citizens on the way to the wall.  He looked at the damage from the night before and instructed a builder how to repair it.  “Do you see where a creeper exploded? Fill it in with alternating obsidian and cobblestone,” he said.  Then he -seeing it was midday- went to the Castle in the center of his vastly growing kingdom.  Passing the second wall, he could see the dragon keep.


   He had come to understand the creatures and made a haven for them and, in return, the dragons defend his Kingdom.  He was glad they were on his side. He had battled a dragon and won, but he didn’t want to slay any of the intelligent creatures.  In fact his best friend was one, a dragon with the elemental power of lightning. His name was Jiro; his electric blue dense scaly skin and bright blue under-wing made him invisible in the sky. 


   The keep was more like a mansion made for dragons with a section for each element; there was a tower for the ice dragons, an indoor pool for the water dragons, a lava lighting system for the fire dragon quarters, an underground cave system for the stone dragons living area, a second tower for air dragons, and a third tower that touched the clouds for the lightning dragons.  


Now to Alexander J. Tech.


-=-

 

   I knew that Jiro was waiting for me by the dining hall doors as I walked up the steps that went into the castle.  And as I walked up the last few steps, I stepped on a pressure plate (on purpose) and the front doors -3 meters wide and 2 meters high- opened for me.  I was not spooked as most would be of the wallish doors disappearing in front of me, because I was the one who built it.  Redstone-piston doors like these are efficient and the fastest opening, plus the system does not require manual labor.  As I strolled into the main hall, I saw Jiro there by the dining hall just like I knew he would be. He was sitting there impatiently.  I started running so it might seem as if I was running the whole way there.  As I got to the dinning hall doors, he gave me the “What have you been up to this time?” look with his lightning-blue eyes that seemed to glow in the night.


  As we entered the dining hall, I responded with, “Oh don’t worry. I haven’t been doing anything but my duties as a King.” 


   I sat at the head of the table with Jiro by my side. I ate a simple lunch of steak, bread and some cake.  Jiro, on the other hand, had 5 pieces of steak and a whole cake.   After lunch Jiro and I decided to have some fun, which was a flight to the North and I was going to try a flight spell.  


  -Flying isn’t that difficult because at that point, I’ve experienced flight before, and you cannot cast a spell for something if you haven’t experienced it or know what it feels like and looks like. �"


   So we went to a balcony and I climbed on Jiro’s scaly back. Then after a few take off flaps of his wings, we were off rocketing to the north at speeds immeasurable.  The forest below us speeding by, and the warm air rushing over my face were the two things to remind me of the incredible speed we were moving at.  The experience gave me the feeling of freedom, and that’s when I decided to try my luck. Jiro, understanding my intentions, slowed his wings, and I jumped off of him.  I fell for 30 seconds, and then I focused on the feeling of freedom; the freedom of flight.  In that moment I gained control and was able to actually fly!  Jiro gave a sigh of relief.  He was scared for my sake and he had a reason to be worried.  If it had taken me a minute longer I would have crashed straight into a tree!  


   -In hindsight I was scared stiff. The thing that kept me doing it was only my trust, that Jiro would catch me if I could not cast the spell.  And man! It was awesome! �"


   We were up there for about two hours, just flying and all in all having fun.  I thought it would never end but we had to get back to the castle.  Heading home I saw a few extra mobs gathered under the trees. I was still flying by myself when we raced to the castle.  When we got there, it was sunset and the mobs where preparing to attack.  A strange purple glow was coming from the ground near them.  At the time I thought nothing of it. 


   Settling down in the courtyard, we then rushed to the wall. I was still hovering over the ground by mistake but I didn’t care.  I wanted to get to the wall and help defend the kingdom.  When I noticed that I was hovering above the ground, I stopped immediately and disengage the spell, simply by letting go of the feeling of flight.  Now not hovering I ran to the wall and, as always, the captain of the guard met me on the way.  He said, “Go back to the castle and get some rest. You shouldn’t be rushing out here every night. I have it under control; it’s just the usual monsters.” “Well then, when you don’t have them under control, I’ll be here if I keep coming out here like this.” I said.  He rolled his eyes at my comment.  


  -I guess he was annoyed with me and honestly he had a right to.  Every night I’d run to the wall and help with the battle. I never could just sit back and watch it. �" 


   I continued up the wall.  When I got up there, I noticed the purple tent out of the corner of my eye.  I never saw anything like it before. The only thing comparable to it is the horizon during a forest fire. I was now aware of it.  I thought one of the local mages had cast a spell or something.  So I went to the castle, down the hall and into my bedroom. I was tired from the day and would be even more tired if I stuck to my routine.  I noticed Jiro was out on the balcony, probably thinking to himself about the day. I was too; the flight gave me a lot to think about.  I got in my bed and went to sleep. 



© 2022 Alexander Glass


Author's Note

Alexander Glass
Again I challenge you to find good, not bad writing. Another challenge would probably be picking out the the inspirations I had for this as a child.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on October 13, 2022
Last Updated on October 13, 2022


Author

Alexander Glass
Alexander Glass

Lodi, CA



About
I'm a college student goof who forgets this website exists often. Read my stuff if you're ready for a bunch of half baked stories with very few being complete. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Alexander Glass