Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Alexander Glass
"

Here we go again. Thankfully I did not write more then this one

"

  I woke up to Jiro still in his bed asleep.  Half asleep, I got out of bed and put on the usual clothing; a Blue stained leather tunic, Royal blue fingerless gloves, black leather pants and a royal blue cloak.  It was the beginning of summer.   -Many of my citizens criticize me for having such a simple outfit, which does not include purple for some reason that I do not know.  Maybe because purple is rare die… -oh back to that morning. -  Now dressed for the day, I went and opened up the curtains so that the morning sun would shine in the room.  With a moan Jiro woke up it was easy to tell that he stayed up till midnight, which isn’t unusual for him but is unusual for a dragon.  While he got to his feet I cleaned up the room.  �"Why are you looking at me like that, is it un-normal for a king to clean his own room? -   With the room spiffed up, both Jiro and me raced to the dining hall for breakfast.  


  “Bet you can’t beat me into the dining hall” I said Jiro replied with “that’s not fair we are inside and I have four legs you have two. I’m not built for running inside, I’m built for flying.” I arrived first, Jiro right behind me.  Catching my breath I laughed and said, “yeah you would’ve won if we were outside!” Catching his breath Jiro opened the dining hall door and he entered then I followed him in. “you know you really should work on your corners that’s the only spots you usually slow down” I said as we ate breakfast, Jiro became a bit more self-confident visually as I said the latter.  After breakfast I was to set up priorities for the kingdoms resources and assign the staff their duties, which is personally a tedious task.


  After doing so, I went to meet Jiro in the castle gardens, which was where I found him practicing turning corners sharply and cutting corners at high speeds.  “Wow you’re really got to it!” I said laughing a bit.  “Well you never know when you’re going to be running through halls, especially with you,” Jiro responded.  Air dragon flew overhead who seemed to have a rider.  Which caught me in Jiro off-guard.  Jumping off and landing a few feet away she introduced herself.  “I am Luma my king, and there’s an urgent matter I must discuss with you,” I nodded for her to continue. “Have you notice the purple horizon at night lately and Nether born creatures appearing in the hordes.”  “Yes! I have, it seems to be a spell of some sort,” I answered, “let’s see if it is still lingering to night.”  “Yes, that seems to be the wisest action at this time.” Luma responded.  I noticed Jiro stretch his wings impatiently and the air dragon snort at him for doing so.  “So who’s your friend here?” I questioned. “He’s Akar,” she answered.  “Well this is Jiro,” I said pointing at Jiro, “Have you ever been to the valley of dragons?” I asked, “No I haven’t been to the valley where is that?” she said.  “Would you like to see it?” I asked.  


End chapter


Very much post original script: If anyone finds the characters well written excusing the terrible format of my child self's dialogue.  I would be pretty surprised as I didn't really have much maturity in identifying how others feel at the time, not an autism lacks empathy thing just I wasn't too good at identifying that the emotions I was feeling was coming from someone else in the form of sympathetic empathy.  



© 2022 Alexander Glass


Author's Note

Alexander Glass
I'll be spending all day in my bed if someone tortures themselves to give this a serious review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on October 13, 2022
Last Updated on October 13, 2022


Author

Alexander Glass
Alexander Glass

Lodi, CA



About
I'm a college student goof who forgets this website exists often. Read my stuff if you're ready for a bunch of half baked stories with very few being complete. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alexander Glass