That's Love

That's Love

A Poem by Ali
"

Even though it doesn't rhyme, I still see it as a poem

"
Little by little I pick up the tiny shards that have slowly floated down at my feet. Tears prick my eyes as one of the shards cuts into my thumb.
“Hey, let me help you with that.” I look up to see a guy smiling shyly at me. I drop the shards and stand up abruptly, taking a few steps back in the process.
“Who are you and what do you want?” My voice shakes. He bends down and picks up one of the red shards that are scattered on the ground.
“Is this yours?” He whispers. A new wave of tears hit me as I stare at his hand holding up the shard.
“It was,” I choke out. “But it’s too broken to work anymore.”
“Let me fix it.” He sits down and starts to magically put together every single shard. But before he puts the final piece in, he stands up and walks over to me.
“I know it’s not perfect but I tried my best.” I stare wide eyed as he takes a step closer to me.
“What about that piece?” I mutter, pointing at the last red shard that is pillowed in his hand.
“I have a special place for it.” He smiles at me and sits me down. He reaches into his left coat pocket and pulls out some red shards of his own.
He looks up at me again, sadness filling his eyes. “You see, I’m broken too.” He pushes his hands towards me and carefully places his shards in my hands. They are cool to the touch.
For some reason, I know which pieces fit together and I start to put the shards back together until I’m left with one single piece.
“Now what?” I whisper.
“Now you take your piece and I’ll take mine,” He hands me my last shard and takes his own. “Next you place your shard in the last spot and I’ll do the same with yours.” I do as he says and gently place the two pieces together. They fit perfectly.
“There. Now your heart has a piece of my heart in it.” He whispers and moves so he’s sitting right next to me. I stare in amazement as he hands me my now fixed heart.
A new feeling washes over me as I look into his bright eyes.
“Do you feel that?” He whispers without looking away from me. He leans in a little closer until our foreheads are touching.
“That’s love

© 2013 Ali


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really beautiful. You totally don't have to tell me, but may I ask who this is about? :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ali

11 Years Ago

It was about Austin.....
NibbleLove

11 Years Ago

Ohhhhh my gosh... lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013
Tags: Love, Poems, Heartbreak

Author

Ali
Ali

Gresham, OR



About
I'm the girl who puts other's feelings in front of my own, the one who smiles but is crying inside. I don't expect anyone to understand and that's okay. I'd rather they didn't. I like many different t.. more..

Writing
Come To Me Come To Me

A Story by Ali