Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by AliceCullen97
"

The second chapter

"

A million things crossed my mind, but I knew I'd better tell the others before anything else. I took off at a run and headed for the house.

I burst through the back door and everyone jumped.

"WHAT!?" Edward yelled, seeing what I'd seen. Seconds later, everyone was shouting so fast I couldn't keep up.
"What's going on?!"
"Oh Gawd what now?"
"Alice, what's wrong?"

Nessie ran over and tugged at my hand, and looked up, her eyes confused. "What's wrong?" she asked.
Still to stunned to answer I just squeezed her hand and closed my eyes for a moment, trying to calm down.

Jasper flew over and grabbed my shoulders and shook me.
"Alice, what?!"

I had no idea what would be the best way to tell them, so I'm simply... told them.
"The Volturi." I whispered.

They all stopped shouting when they heard me. The silence lasted for only seconds, before Jasper whispered, "When?"
"A week," I managed to say.
Edward stood, still rooted to the spot he'd been when I'd walked in. His eyes were distant as he absorbed it. A week. They'd been careful planning, maybe had an idea for coming here for a while, and then officially decided last minute so I wouldn't have much time to catch them. But why would they need to come here anyway?
We might be able to get the Denali Coven, and the wolves, but that was it, considering the time we had. And we still didn't even know why they were coming.




Carlisle spoke next. "We need to figure out why, it might help."
I nodded.
"My only theory is this." Edward said after a moment. "Think about it. We're the biggest coven they've ever found, and last spring they saw how many were willing to help us in a fight. Maybe they decided we were to much of a threat to just... leave. Not to mention, we have something they want."
His eyes met mine, and I looked away. I knew he meant me, but I didn't want to believe it.
"That has to be it." Bella agreed.
"What can we do?" Nessie asked, catching onto what was happening quickly.
"We have to fight." Emmet said, his voice sounding excited. That was just Emmet though.
"Yes, since running isn't possible, with the tracker around." Rosalie said, reminding us all of Demetri, the Volturi's tracker.
A fight. With only only the Denali Coven to help us, the chances of winning were slight, if there at all. And how many of us would even survive?
Panic grabbed ahold of me as I thought about this. Edward inturupted my thoughts.
"We'll figure something out." he reasured me. He acted relaxed about this, but I knew him better than that. He was just as worried as I was.
Esme sighed. "Maybe I should go call the others."
"I'll do it." Carlisle said quietly, squeezing her hand and then walking out of the room.

He was back in five minutes, his face still grim.
"They'll help, they're coming in a few days."

"Okay," I whispered.
Jasper gently squeezed my shoulder. I glanced up at him, not sure how he was taking it yet.
His expression was blank, but his eyes full of worry.
"It'll be fine," I said softly, trying to calm myself just as much as him.
He nodded.



© 2009 AliceCullen97


Author's Note

AliceCullen97
There might be some grammar problems/spelling, but what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool!!! I loves it, keep going!! =P

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on August 7, 2009


Author

AliceCullen97
AliceCullen97

About
I love writing, horseback riding and animals. I have a busy life, but try to write as much as possible. That about sums it up! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by AliceCullen97