Farewell

Farewell

A Poem by Alla Antsis
"

Losing a dear friend to illness

"

FAREWELL

To my dear friend Peter

 

You left too soon, a life cut short,

Leaving me to navigate a new sort,

In my heart, you'll always remain,

A cherished memory that will sustain

 

You were time capsules of our past,

Inviting forgotten selves to last,

In your company, we found our histories,

Bringing joy, safety, and shared mysteries.

 

I'll miss our coffee dates, our chats on the phone,

The way you listened when I felt alone,

You saw me in a way no one else did,

Understood my fears, dreams, and wit

 

Losing you means losing a unique perspective,

On my life, my purpose, and my directive.

It may take time to heal and move on,

But I'll find my place, where I belong

 

Farewell dear friend, protect me from above,

Wrap me in your wings, with unconditional love,

And though I’ll miss you every passing day,

I know you're with me, in every single way.

 

Originally written in 1994 in Russian

Translated in February 2023

© 2023 Alla Antsis


Author's Note

Alla Antsis
Welcome any experiences with your loosing loved ones

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We will have rare true friends. Who can drink coffee with and talk freely.
"And though I’ll miss you every passing day,
I know you're with me, in every single way."
The above lines. I do understand. In our memory. The kind faces, the gentle voices. We will miss and thank you Alla for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote



Posted 9 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

9 Months Ago

Thank you for your visiting and thank you for your understanding...means a lot!
This poem is a beautiful tribute to a dear friend who has passed away. The imagery is poignant and heartfelt, and the emotions it evokes are raw and honest. It's a moving reminder of the power of friendship and the impact that one person can have on our lives. The poem is a beautiful way to honor the memory of a beloved friend and to find comfort in the knowledge that they will always be with us in spirit.

Posted 9 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

7 Months Ago

Bhuyanshi, Thank you very much for your comments, understanding and compassion! Your review much app.. read more
Having lost too many. Any amount is too many this is a lovely tribute and leads the reader down nostalgic paths of wondering memory.
Does it make it easier well, no. But does it make it better understood, then yes, perhaps.

Posted 10 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

9 Months Ago

Thank you for understanding and support, Ken!
much appreciate your review
Alla,

I, as a mere man of West Texas, have been blessed/blissed to have had many true what is called Best Friends ... Now, they are all gone save one ... That one special one to whom you can talk, reveal all to, when nobody else would/will listen, nor would wish to ... I truly feel the pain of loss in your words beautifully set to pen of page as a majestic tribute and memorial to Peter, who was, without any inkling's doubt, your friend, and your Mentor ... By the way, Alla, I am a strange sort of Texan/American: I have always been a fan and supporter of the Russian People, studied Russian History in my teen years, and continue to recognize that Russia has never been an open enemy of these United States of America ... Evil exists in every land. ... Why? ... Because evil men exist in every land ... Kirk Douglas, Earnest Borgnine, were both Russian immigrants and damn fine and loyal Americans ... So, my view of Slavic peoples is unbiased, for my genetic roots take me back through France, Spain, and wind up in the MiddleEast of ancient Persia: Iran ... And yet, I love America and have no wish to destroy her ... But there are truthful corrections (informing the American public of true truths of America's shameful past & ongoing present) in my nation's history of behavior that damn well do need/must/be made right, open, and public if America is to remain that veritable Light of so called Freedom and Democracy to all the World, a symbol which currently exists only in fairytales and fables of an America that, actually of factually, never existed (the Boston Tea Parry was over Tea trade with China that England refused to America and concluded in what the Chinese call the 100 Years Of Shame, wherein England & America invaded, conquered, Plundered, Raped, & Pillaged the entire nation of China, resulting in England possessing Hong Kong for 100 years, but no one ever speaks of this fact of this world's shameful history, but author James Bradley: Flags of our Fathers, & FlyBoys), but could, if we Americans allow it, f*****g demand it of ourselves and of our Government! ... READ. READ. READ!!!!!

Wonderful Poetry, my girl!

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 11 Months Ago


Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

11 Months Ago

Alla,

As you can plainl7 see, I am a fan of Humanity, and NOT NEVER OF GOVERNMENTS .... read more
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

11 Months Ago

Alla,

As you can plainly see, I am a fan of Humanity, and NOT NEVER OF FOREVER'S EVER.. read more
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

11 Months Ago

Alla,

As you can plainly see, I am a fan of Humanity, and NOT NEVER OF FOREVER'S EVER.. read more
Lovely poem about loss..so beautifully written dearest Alla, Over my lifetime I have lost friends and family and they are all dearly missed.
You chose the perfect words to describe your feelings and all that read this will immediately remember the loss of someone close to them.
I especially loved these lines...the part of about listening is perfect...
ll miss our coffee dates, our chats on the phone,
The way you listened when I felt alone,
You saw me in a way no one else did,
Understood my fears, dreams, and wit
When one listens and truly understands your fears, dreams and hopes then losing that person is even more difficult.
Thank you for sharing this with us all,
Lisa

Posted 11 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Thank you, dear Lisa! Much appreciate you sharing your thoughts!
Lisasview

11 Months Ago

You are quite welcome
Losing a loved one is the most difficult emotion to hold. ...there are so many phases of grief and it takes so much time and effort to move on...not that we will ever forget a loved one...that memory will always be held deep in our hearts.... I've lost my parents and although they were elderly, it still hurt....and I felt very much alone .... Your words are heartfelt and your little moments together seem larger than life even now...a very tender piece Alla....
Best, B

Posted 11 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Thank you, Betty! Much appreciate your visit!
Betty Hermelee

11 Months Ago

You're very welcome,
Best, B
Really Excellent. We all have our special Friends, and speaking personally, some I would be lost without. You capture this feeling perfectly ✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

Posted 11 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Thank you for your review! Much appreciated!
You lost a lover, as it occurs to me and words are not able to express the sadness, I'm sorry for your loss.
I lost my beloved uncle in an accidental happening. He was walking in the jungle and suddenly many amounts of wood fell on his head, he wasn't carefull. I always keep asking myself why such a dear life and such great person who brought joy into our gatherings, must be taken from us by such rediculous thing?
One day I will ask God for the pain he brought to many humans by taking their beloved ones.
I guess the photo includes Leonard Cohen?
Nicely written and it made me emotional. Again my condolences.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Nima, I lost many friends and stop asking God why many years ago. Thank you for your condolences and.. read more
Nima.Hope

11 Months Ago

You're welcome ma'am🌸
There can be absolute love between two people who know each other in a thousand different ways as true friends, laid at home in each other's very core. The life you shared reads to have been very special, very precious.. wonderfully remembered, wonderfully expressed.

Peter and you forever :

'Wrap me in your wings, with unconditional love,
And though I’ll miss you every passing day,
I know you're with me, in every single way.'

Posted 11 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Emma,
Thank you for your true understanding here!
emmajoygreen

11 Months Ago

(You) are more than welcome.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 14, 2023
Last Updated on May 14, 2023
Tags: friendship, love, rememberance, sadness, hope

Author

Alla Antsis
Alla Antsis

New York, NY



About
I am an accomplished architect, builder, and artist with a passion for poetry and a desire to make a difference in communities, societies, and the world. Live currently in NYC. Born in Kiev, Ukraine, .. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Poem by Alla Antsis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..