Chapter 1 - The Message of Truth

Chapter 1 - The Message of Truth

A Chapter by AlmostIndie
"

Don't worry, It'll get better once The Royal Concept comes into question.

"

     I was curled up on my bandmate Sean's couch, logged into the internet as our little hardworking basement band, Lines on Maps. On the floor sat our lead guitarist Trevor, proudly stuffing his face with peanut butter. Beside him was our rythm guitarist Isaiah who was quietly working on a riff for a song. Sean was half awake, his feet in my lap while I moved from band page to band page via Facebook. I could feel myself falling asleep in front of the laptop screen. We had spent two days recording songs for our first EP and my energy was dangerously low. That is, until I recived a message.

 

     My eyes flew open when I noticed that it was from Dave, frontman of my favorite band THEM SWOOPS. I sat up straight quickly. The boys would have to deal with my fangirling.

 "Guys! I got a message from Dave! It's long!"

 "What else is new?" Trevor yawned, licking PB off his spoon. I ignored his comment and read the message to myself. My heart stopped when I finished. By now Sean had sat up to read it as well. Calmly, he stretched his arms and smiled.

 "Looks like Nicole's friend wants us to join his band on a tour across the U.S." I wanted to throw the computer into the air, because Sean didn't even read the best part. Headlining the tour, was another favorite of mine, The Royal Concept. The Royal f*****g Concept. This was a concert I would kill to go to; but since I was just offered to play a major part in it...

 

     At this point Trevor and Isaiah jumped to read it too. They were mostly interested in the fact we were just offered to tour as an opening band.

 "You're serious?" I typed back to Dave. I waited.

Dave is typing...

"We narrowed it down to you, or another band from here in Australia. I'd hurry up and say yes..." He replied.

In union we all shouted "YES", even though Dave couldn't hear us.

"Yes. Yes yes yes. :)" I said, adding the smile for emphasis. Without waiting for a reply, I opened a tab to youtube and played "Too Fast for Love". Even though we were all just 18, Lines on Maps was headed on tour.



© 2013 AlmostIndie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on February 27, 2013
Last Updated on February 27, 2013


Author

AlmostIndie
AlmostIndie

Ward, CO



About
I'm probablly the coolest person you'll ever meet. I play the ukulele, I work for a record store assembling CD cases, And you can talk to me about anything. more..

Writing