Chapter 4 - Phoenix Songs, with Extra Beer

Chapter 4 - Phoenix Songs, with Extra Beer

A Chapter by AlmostIndie
"

Getting aquainted.

"

     "Boys! Front and center!" I barked to my confused bandmates. Finally Sean walked up beside me, with Trevor and Isaiah at his heels.

 "Guys, meet our best friends for the next month. David, Filip, Magnus and Povel, Dave, Chris and the tour drummer for Swoops, James." Trevor stuck his hand out to Chris, who gladly shook it. After they began to mingle better, I walked up to the bar counter and sat in between Magnus and David.

 "Need a drink?" David grunted, quickly pushing his half-empty glass of liqour towards me. I took a sniff; it semed like beer. I shook my head and pushed it back.

 "I'm more of a champagne type of person." He shrugged and turned back to his phone. I looked to my left, to see Magnus scribbling directions on a map of Seattle. I knocked the space next to it to grab his attention. He slowly looked up, then smiled.

 "You all made it on time. I didn't think so, you had all day to get here." His accent twisted the words beautifly. He flipped his head to remove some of the light hair strands that had fallen in his face.

 "I care about making it. Dunno about the others." I replied. 

 "I hope you like touring with us. As the only girl." 

 "Don't scare me out of this Magnus!" I chuckled. He laughed a little bit, yawned, then went back to his navigating. I looked around from my seat, then decided to talk with Dave.

 

     The Aussie was chatting it up with Povel about some soccer game from a while ago. I walked up and tried not to intrude. That didn't work though.

 "You hear whats playing in the backround?" Dave smiled. I paused for a moment. The crummy speakers above us were playing an old Phoenix song, "Too Young". I started to sing it, then he joined in. Suprisingly, Povel did too. In an instant I had everybody either humming or singing. That was a benefit that came with touring with indie-alternative bands. You all had similar music taste. Then Dave stopped short at the bridge and looked at his watch.

 "Guys?" Lets think about heading back to the hotel. We got more drinking, raging and music playing to do straight away t'mora." Following his statment, The Royal Concept each got up and agreed.

 "I need sleep. I getta drive your asses around." Magnus joked, scratching his head.

 "Dave you party killar!" James shouted, still eager to have another beer. I rounded up my boys and looked to Dave, remembering that I didn't make plans for a rental car.

 "Yeah we got room in the van. If you didn't ask I woulda made ya walk." He laughed.


       Our hotel was fairly close to the venue we were going to play at, meaning less gas and time would be wasted on travel. Each band had a room, mainly because I wasn't really up for sharing space with 10 guys.

 "I get a bed all to myself!" I shouted as soon as we found our room.

 "We'll share the other one!" Trevor called, tossing both his and Sean's bags on the second bed. Sean ran and jumped onto it, bouncing from my bed to theirs, swinging his shirt above his head.

 "Guess I get the fold-out couch..." Mumbled Isaiah, leaning his guitar against the arm.

 

I fell onto my bed. My first night on the tour, I thought. Now, I have a reason not to wash my hair.



© 2013 AlmostIndie


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on April 17, 2013
Last Updated on April 20, 2013
Tags: Touring, Indie, Bar


Author

AlmostIndie
AlmostIndie

Ward, CO



About
I'm probablly the coolest person you'll ever meet. I play the ukulele, I work for a record store assembling CD cases, And you can talk to me about anything. more..

Writing