6. Zeik

6. Zeik

A Chapter by Alysha

Billions of brilliantly shining stars dotted the inky, dark, velvet of the night sky. Trees stretched forth their spiky limbs longing to embrace the bloated silver moon above. The ground beneath my padded feet was moist with the night’s coolness.

A breeze swept through our clearing bringing with it the pungent, sweet scents of balsam and bracken. The crystal clear night air was filled with the chorus of the Wolf’s Song. A howling symphony that every Werewolf was born to play. It was sung in praise for the union of our Mother Goddess and Father Wolf. The song painted a perfect picture of Nox and Fenris, together both in wolf form and powerful, running through the forests of the dreams of young children, it sounded more beautiful this night then it had any other night and it pained me to end my part, but I had to leave.

The clock in the living room showed 7:30 as I entered. The cold of the night still held tight to me as though it was a long lost lover. I heard the howls of the pups and wished to be howling right next to them, beneath the star studded sky. I hated to leave my family, and the run, but I had other obligations at this point and they might just prove to be more important than a midnight rendezvous with the moon.

I had many suspicions about whom and what Callign was and now was the perfect time to prove them right or wrong. I took my time looking over my cameras until I choose the right one.

I went into the kitchen and fixed some popcorn, hungry from the run, then to the living room to watch T.V. and waste time. At five to eight, Mary popped in the house, her cheeks were flushed a deep red from the cold and rush of blood from the run. She plopped herself on the coach next to me and grabbed a handful of popcorn devouring it viciously. She looked over the T.V. cryptically. Some reality show was flashing over the screen, I wasn’t really paying attention to it, but at least it covered the silence that filled the rest of the house. She grabbed the remote and started to flip through the channels. I really didn’t care but, it did grate on me that she didn’t even seem interested in watching anything, just in getting me annoyed. When she completed two rotations on the channels she looked at me critically. I knew that this wasn’t going to be anything good.

"I don't like her." She said automatically, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Why not?" I asked, knowing she spoke of Callign. Ever since we were old enough to finally understand the story of Nox, Mary fancied herself being the goddess, the thought of power and beauty always appealed to her.

"She assumes she can take on the world."

"You’re just jealous because she put you in your place."

"She did not!" She gasped and moved to strike me but stopped halfway when she heard my growl rumble out of my throat. She stood, glowering at me as though debating upon whether or not to challenge me, but she knew better, knew that in a fight I would beat her hands down. She huffed for a few minutes, but the moment passed and she stormed out of the house. I heard her howl as she ran from the house and into the sweet night. The clock chimed out eight o‘clock.

I waited on the coach. The minutes ticked by until the clock struck 8:30. I stood and began pacing, checking the door and then the clock every few seconds. I was on my twenty-fifth round when a knock drummed out from the door. I opened and saw Callign standing there; I smiled, until I smelled the leech. He stood there leaning against his shiny car looking smug, and eager to see what was going to happen next. He was staring at me intensely, in his eyes drifted the thought don‘t be stupid. I invited Callign in and turned back to glare at him only to see the back end of the car driving away, the vibrant red tail lights mimicking the look in my eyes.



© 2010 Alysha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on May 16, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010


Author

Alysha
Alysha

San Diego, CA



About
Hello everyone I am Alysha Raelene. I live a simple life with my husband we are experienceing the joys and pains of pregnancy at the moment and we're loving the chance. I love writing and all that go.. more..

Writing
Sonnet # 10 Sonnet # 10

A Poem by Alysha


Sonnet #9 Sonnet #9

A Poem by Alysha


First Words First Words

A Poem by Alysha