10. Zeik

10. Zeik

A Chapter by Alysha

I wasn't sure how I was going to tell Callign who she really was and what she meant to the Children of the Night, but I knew I had to or she could get herself and many others killed. I sat at my desk and tried to think of a way of telling her without freaking her out when she suddenly walked in.

Her scent drifted throughout the room and hit me. I forgot what I was going to say. She was so beautiful. She had pulled back her ebony hair into a loose knot at the back of her head, exposing that pale neck of hers; I longed to just kiss the skin there. She seemed to dance across the room fast but in no rush. I noticed I was staring and tore myself away (I would never use such an expression except that it literally felt like the top layer of my eyes was still focused on her).

I saw a flash of black eyes and realized that Richard was staring at her as well. He glanced at me and our eyes met for an instant. I growled deep in my chest, he dropped his gaze back to his book a smirk curling those disgustingly pale lips. The stupid vamp had no right to lay claim to Callign. She sat in the desk a few rows ahead of me where her scent could still wrap itself around me. She was talking with the blonde directly in front of me, it took me a moment to remember the her name was Rachel. I couldn’t quiet tell what they were talking about but just the sound of her lightly lilting voice was enough to catch my attention and before I knew it, I was staring at her again. I shook myself and cleared my throat.

"Callign," I whispered. She turned to face me and, the flash of her green eyes chased away what I was going to say. "Can I meet you after school?" The request sounded like the desperation of a virgin pup. She looked at me quizzically, and then shook her head.

"I have plans." She mouthed back. I was about to ask what when I noticed Richard stifling a silent laugh.

Poor little wolfy doesn't get his playmate? Huh? I knew the voice even before I connected with his eyes.

Shut up leech. Get out of my head before I have to kill you!

Now Zeik we both know you can't do that. If all the innocents in the room are not enough to concern you, just remember who is sitting in the seat two rows ahead of you.

So you know then.

Of course, I know, I knew from her first day here. Being her guardian for two centuries has taught me a few things about her demeanor.

Then why hasn’t she chosen your kind yet? I felt him go rigid from here, and smiled. Watch it we don't want to upset the innocents. He huffed and closed down the connection between us just as the bell rang. I waited behind pretending to struggle with picking up my stuff. I caught Callign just as she began to leave, her little friend, Rachel, stopped just a little distance away and so I kept my voice low.

"Callign, listen, if it's not too much, I would like to talk to you sometime outside school," She seemed agitated and she rolled her eyes with impatience. She sighed when she realized I wouldn’t leave without n answer.

"Maybe tomorrow after school in the parking lot? But no more of this weird occult crap." I nodded.

"That sounds good; speaking of I'm sorry about last time."

"Whatever, just make sure it won‘t happen again, it really freaked me out." She sighed, and laughed a little looking relieved. "I guess kids will believe anything. I mean, I’ve never even heard of Nox." She laughed a little then smiled.

"Yeah, Jonny was always the one with an active imagination. I'll see ya later." I said. I watched as she hurried to Rachel, they turned the corner and I heard the familiar twinkling of giggles as I turned the other way, still seeing the sway of her hips in my mind. Briefly I wondered how she would look with a tail and smiled at the image.



© 2010 Alysha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on May 16, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010


Author

Alysha
Alysha

San Diego, CA



About
Hello everyone I am Alysha Raelene. I live a simple life with my husband we are experienceing the joys and pains of pregnancy at the moment and we're loving the chance. I love writing and all that go.. more..

Writing
Sonnet # 10 Sonnet # 10

A Poem by Alysha


Sonnet #9 Sonnet #9

A Poem by Alysha


First Words First Words

A Poem by Alysha