The underground car park

The underground car park

A Chapter by Amaka💜

Chapter 3
It had been a few minutes now and the atmosphere was still awkward even with silent chattering of the guys in the bus.
"Okay,please." God'spower cleared his throat which caused everyone to turn to him.
"I know the atmosphere's here is a bit awkward and some people are currently bloating in pride but has anyone noticed we've been driving for the past twenty minutes. The drive to the field is roughly twelve minutes." He said.
They all glanced at their watches to confirm what he was saying.
"Well, that's true." Daniel added.
"Sir,haven't we gotten there yet?" Olumide asked.
"Remain small. I go follow shortcut." The roughly forty something old man with tribal marks that ran down his cheeks clearly sowing that he was a Yoruba managed to say in the bit of English he could speak.
"Make I follow this car park pass, I know a shortcut here." He said in his thick Yoruba accent.
"Whatever! Just take us to where we are going." God'spower shrugged as he slumped into his seat and stretched his legs.
"Wait! I've never passed to an underground car park before. It feels kinda creepy. In movies, lot of bad things happen in these kinda places. Like assassinations and the likes." Neeta said as she took of her neck tie.
"I think you've watched too many crime movies,nothing to be scared of." Chidera laughed.
"Easy for you to say,you've not been killed in an underground park before neither do you know someone who have." Neeta cut in as she tied the end of her tie into a knot.
"Why are you doing that?"Gerald asked.
"It might come in handy." She smiled.
" Come to think of it,this is a carpark. Is he planning to park the car?" God'spower asked as sat upright and stretched his thin frail looking hands.
Suddenly the bus came to a halt causing them to bump into the seats before them.
"Did we run out of fuel?." Gerald asked as he stood up and started for the front of the bus.
"Let me go check." The driver said as he got down from the bus. Looking at him now, you could see his potbelly and the way his dark skin shone.
"This old man is just wasting our time,what if we miss the match?" Gerald asked as he turned back to the guys.
"We still have roughly forty eight minutes before the match." God'spower said. He really did know how to always be time conscious.
"Where is that freaking driver?" Olumide asked as his full brows furrowed.
"Wait... he's not here oh!" Chidera exclaimed as he rushed down the bus.
"What the?" Neeta's jaw dropped as she looked out the window to fin only Chidera going round the bus. The rest of the guys were probably still in too much shock to even move.
"What are you guys doing? Come down,let's look for him." Chidera called and they slowly came down from the bus.
"Oga driver?" They called as they looked for him.
"I've heard stories like this. I've seen movies like this. The driver is probably an alien that escaped his pod and is tryna eat our brains." God'spower cried.
"Follow up your story dude,be consistent. Aliens don't eat brains,zombies do." Daniel as he ran his hand through his slightly full hair.
"Have you met an alien before?" God'spower asked childishly.
"Have you met one yourself?" Daniel argued.
"Please,can you guys shut the hell up. Our school bus driver just left us in an underground carpark and all you guys care about are zombie ad alien?" Olumide roared as he began to breathe rapidly,it was probably because he was worried.
"Let's just get back to the bus and wait." He calmed down. it was clear as his breathing had become more stable than before.
"Do you hear yourself Captain? We should go back and wait? Did you think the driver went to get you snacks and drinks? Isn't it obvious he isn't coming back?" Neeta said.
There it was, Olumide felt that Neeta couldn't miss the chance to attack him. He could still remember when they were younger and she was easier to bully. She had been gullible and shy but suddenly when they entered Senior secondary school, she changed. She was now outspoken and always ready to attack him. It annoyed him a lot. He just looked at her and didn't respond.
"We will have to find our own way out." Peter said.
"Looks like it." Chidera agreed as he sighed.
" And there's no way we are gonna do that with Neeta and Olumide arguing all the way." God'spower said and glared at the both of them and Neeta raised both her hands indicating surrender.


© 2021 Amaka💜


Author's Note

Amaka💜
I really hope this is better🙈

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on January 27, 2021
Last Updated on January 27, 2021
Tags: teen, adventure


Author

Amaka💜
Amaka💜

Nigeria



About
I'm just a girl who's loved reading and writing since a very young age and I'm excited to be on this platform where I can express myself 😍 more..

Writing