Episode 5: Skeleton Life

Episode 5: Skeleton Life

A Chapter by Amber Tasch

My name is Gumi. Seven years ago the human race left Eart and made home on a nearby planet. No one knows why its here, or why we can live on it. We established a government and soon it became known as planet Utopia. I live in the capitol city, Hidor Utopia. I was an orphan seven years ago but I met a man and a girl with pink hair who took me in. When the mn died mysteriously, i was an orphan again and so was the girl with pink hair. One day we teamed up and decided that it would be good for us if we came up with a disguise and a plan so that when ever we went out to steal something that was necesary for us orphans to survive, we couldn't be recognized. The plan fell through though when i found out that my pink haired friend was none other than Sharoket, the most evil and powerful person on Planet Utopia. She had resourses and was the reason that Earth was now a lazy asteroid shirting through the void of space. My name is Gumi, and I an the Panda Hero.

 

Gumi took a deep breath. "I don't see why I should. I was born in a small town on Earth during what is now called the Death Era. Many people died due to atmospheric pollution from Sharokets big industrail buildings spitting out smoke all day. When I was still young, my parents were taken into one of their factories and worked to death like many others. I was left alone an orphan. I lived under a pier and watched the ships drift lazily across tainted water every day and I wished that they would take me away. Little did I know that Sharoket ran the whole world. To stay alive I learned to run and fight and fend for myself. Then, when Planet Utopia was discovered I met Arane and her brother. They took me in and took me here. We lived in a small shack and when her brother died, it was just me and Arane." Gumi didn't even get choked up. In truth she just sat there numb and haden't really listened to a thing that she said.

 

"Well, thanks for telling me." Kaito said with a warm smile. "Panda Hero."

 

"Martyoshka."

 

They smiled at their names and then laughed a little. "So how old are you Martyoshka?"

 

"I'm twenty, and you?"

 

"Sixteen, I think. I never really kept track." Gumi got up and walked over to the stairs that led to the floor that had their bedrooms. "I'm going to bed. I sleep when I'm bored." She walked up the stairs and found that her closet was filled with clothes, half of it being replicas of what she was already wearing. She looked around and found an orange and yellow nightgown. After putting it on she laid down on her bed and found sleep impossible. Not only was her mind clouded with thoughts of Sharoket, but she perferred her body pillow.

 

Gumi crept around the corned of the stairs that let to the third floor lounge. She didn't see Martyoshka, so she figured her was asleep. From the window she could see the entire city all aglow with the life that only occured during the night.  After seeing this she got annoyed and closed that shades, after which she too all the pillows in the lounge and threw them on the floor to sleep on.

 

When Kaito came down the next morning he saw her sprawled out on the floor with her arms and legs going in different directions. He couldn't help but laugh at her. She had pulled her goggles over her eyes which made her look even more ridiculous because she was in a silk nightgown. She looked up at him sleepily and began to laugh with him. Gumi felt happy for the first time in a long time. She got up and turned on the television.

 

"We need to see what Sharoket is up to." She said suddenly serious. Sharoket had their own chanel where they televised meetings and ran ads and campaigned their new items on market. Toady, however, it was a black screen saying that they had been attacked by the Panda Hero and would be out of service for a while. Gumi yawned and stood.

 

"Well, Panda Hero, it seems that you have quite the reputation."

 

"Yeah, but it seems to me like Arane just wants me ridiculed while she hides." Gumi replied as she popped a food pill into her mouth.

 

"Well, she might be using this as a cover for a surprise attack. We did this before in my division."

 

Gumi sighed and headed up stairs. She was not about to let Kaito tell her what to do, so she got dressed, grabbed her bat, and headed out side by means of jumping off the roof. Gumi knew that going back to her old house wasn't safe, not by a long shot, but she had to get her translations and body pillow. Then, upon realizing how dirty everything in the shack was, she decided to bring as much junk as she could, just to piss off Kaito.

 

The shack was just a skeleton now. True, Gumi had never tended to it, but with her having been in the hospital and now in a new home, it seemed as if it needed her very being just to stand upright. The whole shack was in shambles when Gumi enetered. Arane had been there. She had destroyed everything, even the passage underground and the translations that could have led to the persecution of Sharoket. Gumi turned red with anger.

 

"You look like a christmas tree." Kaito said from behind her.

 

Gumi turned around in a fit of rage. "What?"

 

"Green and red."

 

Gumi sighed and suppressed a small smile. Then she stood and walked past Kaito. He put a hand on her shoulder and stopped her for a second. The pair exchanged a look, and within that glance they both knew that thir reasons for killing sharoket were personal. With that glance, all doubt that they had previously had about the other, was gone.

 

By the time gumi had reached the city she felt a mood come over her. she was in the mood to be a kid again and as a kid, she was a theif. The glitz and glam of hidor Utopia was the perfect cover for a heist. Much to her suprise, Kaito joined her. Gumi smiled broadly at him as the raced down street after streed. The pair charged into a casino. Unknowingly they had run into a Sharoket Corperation casino and left there knowing that the casino was around a million short. Gumi the ran down to the docks with Kaito. She didn't quite know why she did this but Kaito didnt seem to mind.

 

"Rendevouz? You and me rendevouz?" Gumi sang in an overly loud voice.

 

"Stop and sing it right." Kaito told her while he laughed. She was singing the song that she had created for him.

 

"No." She smiled and began to belt it out again. The wail or sirens in the background seemed to match her words perfectly. Ksito stoop up and grabbed her hands and began to dance with her. Gumi continued to belt out the lyrics that she had pulled out of her head. The two spun and spun around on the docks and for once in their miserable lives they had fun, genuine fun.

 

Gumi thought back to the last time she had danced. A tall man held her hands and put her feet ontop of his. They twirled and spund gracefully, but for no longer than a moment. The man's expression turned grave. Suddenly her turned and left. Why did he leave? Then Gumi came back to reality. She smiled at Kaito and the looked back at the city.

 

"Feel like playing Robin Hood?"

 

 



© 2011 Amber Tasch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
Added on October 5, 2011
Last Updated on November 1, 2011


Author

Amber Tasch
Amber Tasch

Not in one!, RI



About
i would rather draw but my friends wanted me to get one of these look me up at [email protected] more..

Writing
CxR CxR

A Story by Amber Tasch