The Seasons for Life

The Seasons for Life

A Poem by Amelia
"

I have just described Kashmir's seasons here....... blend of poetry and Article....

"

The time of chilly winter is a past now. Gone are those lazy mornings, depressed days and long nights. The time when the sun hardly bloomed its face from the thick grey clouds; when there was silence everywhere, just flutter of pigeons. That was a time when frost took the place of shining dew. It was the time when the trees were naked with merely a bird on them. It was the time, when the streets were silent as graveyards, with no child playing around. The time when the roads were calm as everyone has left us alone. The time when everything froze and nothing escaped the shivering of winters. When the time stopped itself, waiting for a bright day, a new beginning.

It all is going to change, completely. The days will begin with the chattering of birds and go under the bright sun and will end with pleasant evenings. Trees will bear new sails, so as two hide the little lives in nests of their shoulders. The flights of pigeons will dance in the sky and parrots and hoopoes and all migrants will come to entertain. The colors of happiness will portray the dreams of imagination. Dew like diamond pearl will slide over the leaves to hit an insect below. New faces, old glory will come back. Windows will once again break from the balls at the streets. Little shoots will yarn to bloom new flowers. Trees will again gain their little buds. No bird will be solitary, no life will be lonely. Dandelions will again fly in the air, blown by the kids. Daffodils will again ring their bells and roses will once again show their love. Essence of happiness will take the streets as the perfumed flower blossoms. Butterflies will again flutter in the air. Birds will again make their ways through the vegetation in The Wullar and The Dal and will suddenly disappear in the water.

And then one day, trees will shed their leaves like hairs of humans. Everything will be red then like the setting sun. After some time the sun will set and would not come back until clouds light themselves.

This is the way the world goes, one season will replace the other season and the new season will bring new hopes, finally it will also end its self. But the only thing we are left with memories of past and struggle for a better future.

© 2010 Amelia


Author's Note

Amelia
I am not much confident about the writing............... Please let me know what i can improve......

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It describes the place well and the thoughts you put in are great. But the real beauty of any story lies in the plot. And your story seems to be missing it. It rather sounds plain without one. And you did justice to kashmir describing it so wonderfully. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The poems of Spring are many. Even a dead soul can find some hope in the Spring flowers and the warm days. I like the description in your words of the birth of life. Winter is a season of rest. In the Spring. Old and young hearts need to come alive again. The re-birth of nature need to be appreciated. I like the ending to the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Somehow this comes off as simple, but not in a bad way, just in the fact that the idea trying to be put across is simplistic. I like how the topic is not one overused and i commend you for finding inspiration! The last paragraph is my favorite for sure. Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It describes the place well and the thoughts you put in are great. But the real beauty of any story lies in the plot. And your story seems to be missing it. It rather sounds plain without one. And you did justice to kashmir describing it so wonderfully. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2010
Last Updated on July 6, 2010

Author

Amelia
Amelia

Srinagar, India



Writing
A Tribute A Tribute

A Story by Amelia


The Healing The Healing

A Screenplay by Amelia


Nostalgia Nostalgia

A Poem by Amelia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tree Tree

A Poem by Akshat♥


Voices Voices

A Poem by Akshat♥