Ch 2

Ch 2

A Chapter by AmongSavages
"

More death...and a bit of drama

"

Ch.2

“This morning, Hikers found the body of Shawn Wright drained of all blood. Police suspect an animal attack"”

            Amy turned off the television, shaking her head. “Humans,” she muttered as she walked into the bathroom. Her roommate Lilith, named after the demon herself, was taking a bath, completely submerged in deep red bubbles. Her dark skin glittered with blood. Two pale, half naked bodies lie on the floor.

             “Lili,” Amy sighed, “I thought we spoke about bringing your ‘work’ home.” She gestured to the two guys sleeping deeply on the ground.

             “What did you expect me to do?” Her long, perfectly manicured fingers worked a sudsy pink lather, no doubt made up of blood and her favorite coconut shampoo, through her long black hair. “Do you want me to do my business some dark, secluded alley like you do?  You know that takes the fun out of it all, Amy.”

             Amy shook her head. “Why can’t you just drink the blood? It’s much better that way. Takes less time.”

             “You know I prefer to soak in it.” Lilith’s heavily lidded eyes drooped slightly as they always did when she became bored. “And do not start the whole ‘The police will notice all these dead bodies’ rant. We live in L.A., Amy, gang violence is rampant. They will just blame it on the gangs as usual.”

              Amy sighed, clearly defeated; Lilith’s arguments were always strong. “Where are the rest of the bodies anyway?”

             “Scattered near a lot of gang territories,” Lili sighed, “You know I only kill gang members and criminals. I like to think of it as cleansing the Earth of all evil,” she smiled to herself, “Or at least L.A.”

             “What’s their story?” Amy pointed at the men on the floor. From the corner of her eye, she saw one begin to stir and he let out a small groan. Amy winced in disgust. “Do we really need any more of your little toys running around the house, Lili?”

             “Don’t worry your pretty little head now honey pie,” she rose to drain the tub, “I won’t let them live long. You know how short my attention span can be.” She turned on the water and began to wash the suds from her long hair. It was when she stood up that Amy remembered why it was so simple for Lili to draw men to her. She had the perfect body. Her dark skin was smooth and flawless and she had curves in all the right places; a large bust, small waist, and wide hips held up by thick and muscular thighs courtesy of her days on their high school track team. “And while we’re speaking of death, was that Shawn’s name I heard on the television?”

            Amy nodded.

             “The same Shawn you dumped three months ago?”

            She nodded again.

             “So how’d he taste?”

            Without answering, Amy sighed and walked out of the bathroom, muttering profanities. Lilith stepped out of the tub and wrapped a towel around herself. Her skin and hair boasted the same radiant glow as Amy’s did earlier, however, her glow shined brighter. She smiled at herself in the mirror and turned to walk out of the bathroom, but before she made it out, one of the men wrapped his fingers around her ankle. Lilith screamed and nearly jumped out of her skin. The dark haired man chuckled.

             “Forgetting something?”

She smiled. “Of course not, Brendon.” Pointing to the blonde man on the floor, she said, “Wake him up.”

Brendon stood up and poked the fairer haired man repeatedly with his big toe. When he did not stir, he began to call his name. “Alex…Aleeeeeex,” he kicked him the ribs, “Wake up damn it!”

             Alex shot up angrily. “What the hell?!” He swatted his shaggy blonde hair out of his hazel eyes.

             “Well it’s not my fault you wouldn’t wake up.” Brendon shrugged. “I thought you were a light sleeper.”

            Alex stood up, holding his side.”Well f**k face; you didn’t have to kick me in the f"”

            Lilith stepped between the two fighting men, resting her palms on their bare chests. “Now boys,” she smiled at them, “No need to fight. Alex I can heal that for you right now, okay? As for you, Brendon, go wait in my room.” Alex grinned cockily at Brendon as Lilith sat him down on the toilet.         

            Brendon stormed out of the bathroom, running smack into Amy. She stumbled back a little and muttered, “Sorry,” brushing past him and out the door. He stared after her in blank confusion until the door slammed in his face.

 

Unable to tolerate anymore of Lilith’s laughter and indifference toward making more of her kind, Amy hurried out of the house to cool down. She walked blindly, not caring where she ended up. Her plans were to get as far away from that hell hole as possible and think about where she was when she got there.

             When her mind finally caught up with her footsteps, she realized she had wandered into the woods. Amy noticed it was the same woods she had murdered Shawn in. His final moments flashed through her mind and she felt not one pang of guilt. Instead, she smiled. The taste of his blood flooded her mouth as she relived the murder.  She sat down at the base and tree and closed her eyes, calming herself down slowly.  Amy had just nodded off when she heard footsteps approaching, leaves crunching loudly underneath their feet.  She hopped up and drew her claws defensively, staring into the forest.

             “Who’s there?” The footsteps stopped, and Amy rose slowly. She looked around as her long and pointed nails slid out from her fingertips, ready to attack at a moment’s notice.

            She heard a soft chuckle and quickly spun to her left. A tall, lanky man was leaned against the tree she had just been sitting under. A large smile spread across her face, but it wasn’t murderous.       

            “Miss me?”     

            Amy flew into his outstretched arms. “Of course I missed you, doofus!”

            He laughed, and she pulled away slightly, the smile melting off her face. She punched him in the arm.

            “Where the hell were you, Liam?”

            He grabbed his arm, wincing in pain. “What are you? Bipolar?”

            She punched him again.

            “Jeez Amy,” he muttered. “I was on vacation. Could you maybe stop hitting me?”

            “Vacation?! You vanished without a trace and you come back saying you were on vacation? Where’d you go, Liam? What have you been doing that was so important it kept you away for a year and half?”

            Liam didn’t look particularly ready to answer any of her questions. His hand shook as he brushed his black hair out of his eyes.

“I-I’ve been around.”

            “Doing what exactly?” She crossed her arms tightly over her chest.

            Liam peeled himself from the tree and stepped closer to Amy, towering over. He looked down at her, his blue eyes cold and rigid.

“Why the hell do you care,” he growled. “If I remember correctly, this situation was reversed not too long ago. It was you that walked out on me. You abandoned me and left me with no knowledge of where the hell you went or what the f**k you were up to, but when you came back, what did I do? I welcomed you. I was happy you were back. I didn’t f*****g interrogate you. I was glad you were back and left it at that!

He crouched down, ensuring that the both of them saw eye to eye. “I never questioned you, Amy. Never. So don’t you ever ask me that again. You have no right.”

Amy looked away from him, a single tear falling down her rosy cheek. “I-I",”

“Don’t apologize.” With that, Liam brushed past her, leaving Amy standing there with a steady stream of tears running down her face.

 

 

A loud, obnoxious tune woke yanked him out of his most recent attempt at sleep. Rolling over in bed, Detective Scott blindly reached for his phone. His fingers brushed the smooth glass screen and he grabbed it, pressing the answer button and putting it to his ear in one swift motion.

            “Scott,” He muttered, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

            “Scott, it’s Brooke from the morgue. We need you down here as quickly as possible.”

            Detective Scott mumbled something unintelligible and hung up the phone. He slid out of bed and dressed quickly.

            In less than ten minutes, Detective Scott was at the morgue, face to face with the rather beautiful coroner for the second time that day.

            “What’s the problem ma’am?”

            She led him to a table and pulled the sheet down, uncovering the dead man’s face and neck.

            “He has no wounds.” She spoke softly and her voice shook.

            “So?”

            “This is Shawn Wright, the man we found in the woods this morning.” She pointed to his unscathed neck. “He died of blood loss from puncture wounds on both sides of his neck. There are no wounds.”

            She looked up at him with wide eyes, her face a mask of fear.  “He has no wounds.”

            Detective Scott glanced at Shawn’s pale face and saw a pair of light brown staring up at him. A smile crept across Shaw’s face.

            “What the",”

            Shawn lunged at him, slashing at the detective’s neck. Brooke screamed and tried to get away, backing into a wall. Noticing a potential runner, Shawn snapped the detective’s neck, killing him faster than originally planned, and walked slowly toward the woman. She pressed her frame against the wall, trying to make herself smaller. She was trapped and she knew it.

            “You look tasty.” Shawn smiled, licking his lips as he stepped closer her. “I’m gonna enjoy you.”

            He tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and smiled, leaning in as if he were about to plant a soft kiss on her soft lips. She whimpered as he moved past her mouth and brushed his lips against the smooth skin of her neck. His tongue slid up her neck and to her ear.

            “Yummy,” Shawn whispered before biting into her neck and tearing out a sizeable chunk of flesh. He held her up and fed from her wound as she took her last breath. She was drained, but his thirst was not quenched. Throwing her limp body aside, he turned on the dead detective. 



© 2013 AmongSavages


Author's Note

AmongSavages
Constructive Criticisms only

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1672 Views
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 11, 2013
Tags: drama, death, blood, demon, comeback


Author

AmongSavages
AmongSavages

FL



About
A wannabe fashion major who really doesn't think she writes enough at all. more..

Writing