Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Etcetera 2

Etcetera 2

A Poem by Anand Sehgal

Eternal hourglass,
    Tranquil sand,
          Peaceful era !!

              The radiant sun ,
                     Greenhouse effect,
                             Adolescent pain !!

                                       Unrest within,
                                            Miserable haemorrhage;
                                                       Inevitable explosion !!

                                                                       Savage warfare,
                                                                                 Profuse blood loss,
                                                                                          Acute anemia !!


© 2013 Anand Sehgal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Firstly, I'd like to say bravo! The way you wrote this, cutting across the page at an angle, to mirror your violent imagery cutting into the reader. I like that, and I am really enamoured with the structure here. I like the lines, each a brutal hit to something harsh and deep. Again, well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

I am honored, thank you :)



Reviews

it describes to me a catalysis of natural events and human suffering as one, this is cool and a unique image in my mind.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

Thank you Marion. Glad that you liked the write :)
Interesting form, good use of metaphors. I don't think that the exclamation points are needed; a bit distracting. Just my opinion. I like that you took a risk with this unique form.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

I used the exclamatory symbol to mark a sense of shock , but I will keep in mind your advice. Thanks.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
Very nice. It flows very nicely.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

thank you friend :)
ron

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome.
nice little verse all in metaphor...good write..

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

Thanks a ton for your kind comments Stella :)
Stella Armour

10 Years Ago

you are welcome my friend..
I like the pyramid steps you used to present this write. Are they Haiku? Not sure....not all that familiar with the Eastern forms. The stream of consciousness flows easily from one stanza to the next. Your emotions run the gamut from peaceful to turbulent from top to bottom....and the reader takes the journey with you. I enjoyed this. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Lydi. Glad that you had a safe and happy journey along with my metaphors.
Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

They are not Haiku , Lydi, just down-the-stair-style improvised medium.
This is interesting... The idea of "etcetera" plays into the fact that this is mostly a mass of feeling and emotions spilled out onto the page, and they ellicit a strong emotional response. I love the wording and phrasing that you've used, as well as the imagery--very poignant. I'm not completely sold on the format...it seems a little too "across the page" for my taste. i would have done something more back and forth, so you have one stanza left set, then one set two tabs over, the next left set, the next two tabs over, etc., so that it was more of a back and forth than a "wave" feeling. All in all, though, nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

The word Etcetera, was used to give a feel that it is away from mainstream.
Girl Friday (Sarah W.)

10 Years Ago

Funny, because Etcetera is one of the proposed titles for my second collection of poetry...I've alwa.. read more
Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

:) ::) Same line of thought, strange resonance :D
Well done. The structure and word choice is flawless. Love the use of double exclamation.

You are obviously sharing something very traumatic for you. I like how you do a little more than hint at it but still leave the reader guessing. Intriguing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

Thanks a ton Pryde. Glad that you liked the usage of metaphor. The very journey of life itself is q.. read more
I like this "Etcetera" series you've started...Again, I really like the structure and think it works well. It's like a timeline of deterioration that can be applied to many things..an individual..a union...the collective..
I also really like how the natural images started to change into a decaying body...the metaphor throughout is strong. I really enjoyed this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anand Sehgal

10 Years Ago

Glad that you liked the imagery, the medium. Metaphors are the tools.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

582 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on July 28, 2013
Tags: Deconstructed Thoughts, Collage, Imagery

Author

Anand Sehgal
Anand Sehgal

Kolkata, India



About
A graduate researcher, A writer, A poet, A singer, A composer,An actor..............An artist by heart more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..