"Haruumph..."

"Haruumph..."

A Poem by Chris
"

Yep THAT is the title

"

“Haruumph…”

 

Haruumph… life so far huh?  well, there HAS been snow - a bit.  And a lil sun - on occasion.  Rain by the bucket, measurable cold and S H O P P I N G!  Even window shopping is - IS - allowed, if just to draw the eyes to the faces of others looking on in desire and wish!  Eating out is an adventure in affording and hopefully not disappointing in reality.  Reading is as always a diversion best left to lightness and zombie apocalypses BUT music!  Music holds thoughts of sharing during the silences after.  Hmmm… life - continues… the alternative is unacceptable.

 

Do you drive?  

Are you driven?  Everywhere?  

Go …Anywhere?

Walk in the sun?

The dark?  Moonlight, noonlight -

ever aflight…

Gaze from others' shadows?

Live others' dreams?  Lives?

Ever yours? …Never?

…ever?

 

Ever …Wish by-the-stars,

wish for stars…

wish-at-all

BE …as all… or just as one?

…even none?

 

Stand in the rain?

Perhaps …ARE the rain?

Breathe a lover's breath - shared

though like-as-not unshared

but you DO taste …you DO

taste …LOVE… in the music…

of life.

 

Do you SEE -

where you are, were, will be?

Do you remember?

Will you …dance

with the faire?

Just once …once…

as so very, very few have

or ever will -

and share that moment

as only YOU can -

if not for you

…then for me?

 

Dear…

…for me - because you can.

 

Chris

 

 

 


© 2018 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the older I get , the more I appreciate everything, the little things I never noticed are now wonderments to my eyes.My imagination dances to life's music and and i savour the moments instead of rushing through them; but of course we only do these things when we realize time is not on our side ..


Posted 6 Years Ago


Hi Chris I woke to 4 inchs of snow today welcome to spring friend. You being north of me have to be seeing the same

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chris

6 Years Ago

CHuckling here...G'morning Tate... We had snow and MORE snow and still MORE snow... on days when it .. read more
Tate Morgan

6 Years Ago

I get that I do the same have it on the porch i dont even use the window brush any more I use the br.. read more
Chris

6 Years Ago

yeppers... faster over all... better reach as well.
Just because you can all is possible f you want to- taking the first step to discover hidden wonders that weren’t so hidden after all it was us that was hiding not seeing not being seen unaware of the inner dream - wonderful words- live the way uve written it - and I ask what are your answers? 🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


What a beautiful piece of magic, Chris. Feel as if we've just sat sitting across a table, catching up, learning anew.. thougths, ideas shared.. You start in a general way, looking at others, inviting them to share.. then come the final stanza, your vision's narrowd and you're in a perhaps reality where and when words become bolder yet, gentle as can be Magic.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chris, your originality, skill and creativity are second to none. I absolutely love the title and introduction that set a worthy stage for the awe-inspiring free- verse that follows. Then- the musicality, the form and flow, the questions, the nuances, the invitation to dance “for me-because you can”- all beautifully terpsichorean. A delight to read and feel deeply.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chris

6 Years Ago

Was good seeing you... and listening to your thoughts.
Inspiring, what are you conspiring. Are you even tiring? I know I can never tire of your inspire. within me you alight a passionate fire.

Posted 6 Years Ago


as I gaze over a fog-filled ridge and breathe in the freedom of the woods while sipping coffee, I have so much to remember and thank you for the beauty of this poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chris

6 Years Ago

I'm glad you paused with me...hope to see you again.
Cherrie Palmer

6 Years Ago

The title makes me think of a Mel Brooks movie
Chris

6 Years Ago

Chuckling here...
i taste the music, always...sometimes its flavor is love...and i feel i have definitely been the rain in the past...now a cloud full of memories...
heading into my sunset. and i always dance, because i can...and when i can't...i want to sit that one out forever.
this piece made me ask myself so much...introspection is needed at times.
j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chris

6 Years Ago

Good evening Jacob... good of you to pause.
Chris you've put into words here thought and questions similar to my own when I'm out, off the mountain and look at other people milling around "in public". Are these even thought and musings people make anymore? As my time goes by, less and less of these feelings are reflected in the eyes of passer-bys. Haruumph is possibly an understatement as so often I see that the "unacceptable" is more and more "acceptable"... terrific statement and observation here Chris, and well expressed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chris

6 Years Ago

I wish you had chosen to live nearer... I would have bought the coffee.
Questioning, that provokes introspection..
causing hearts to consider why and how they beat. thanks !

Am I for me, alone.. or is most of me for others.?

Not sure what "dance with a farire" means.. unless
it means to entertain a fantasy .. .. a lot of ideas there !

Must admit at this stage , I am constantly wondering what will be..
how will it be, will they be..? where will I be till.. .. .......

Luckily .I remember, dates, my SSN, Bank Account Numbers and such.. Ha .

Lovingly, and longingly and painfully I remember Little smiles, Little hugs, caring..LOVE

Sadly I remember deaths , abuse, frowns.. knockdowns , anger and even hate.

Sorry, I should be writing about YOU.... I get caught up in your words, thoughts
ideas.. and honesty .. you always take me away, and bring me back too !

Maybe Haruumph is a battle cry .. or the sound of a foot stomping
or a heart trying to start up again, and again ... ..
Perhaps it's a sound only made in silence .. or under still deep waters...

Thanks for being YOU, right out in the open ..lol.. for all to see and hear !

God Bless..take Care ....

Jazzy



Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1217 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2018
Last Updated on February 8, 2018
Tags: CHris, Writing, Poetry

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee