A

A

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno

"Would you like me to show you a dance," Yuripiko suggested, holding the fan so that it would cover the bottom half of her face. 

"Go for it," The man responded, leaning back as to get comfortable.   

Getting into position, Yuripiko started to dance sensuously towards her costumer. She danced in front of him, keeping half her face covered. It gave her an air of mystery and showed that she followed her teachings. As she finished up her little show, Yuripiko got closer to the man until she ended up right in front of him.

"Would that be all for you today, sir?" She inquired, trying to get as close to him as possible so that she may be able to do what she intended.

"Yes," Her client responded, getting up.

Yuripiko bowed, catching the man off guard. Not knowing what to do, the man soon followed. As he tilted back, Yuripiko leaned in closer to him, making it look as if she was going to hug or kiss him. That was until she reached behind him, picking up the coat he left on the couch. As she returned to her previous position to hand it back to him, her hand slipped into his dress pants, pulling out his wallet.

He was too distracted in reaching for his coat to realize what she's done. She hid it inside her kimono, acting like the sweet innocent girl she's supposed to. Once he left, Yuripiko took out him wallet and opened it, seeing that the man's name was Nosaka Kazuki. She's heard about him: his family's (which is actually his father's) company is about shipping and cargo, and that their main office is in Kowloon. What the guy was doing in Japan, Yuripiko hadn't a clue.

Looking inside his wallet, Yuripiko pulled out the bills; in total the man had about two hundred dollars.

'Rich people,' she thought, shaking her head in exasperation.

She took out his credit cards, but wasn't going to use them. She wasn't stupid enough to do that, not when he can easily find out where she used them. Instead, Yuripiko called over a maiko.

"How can I help you?" The maiko questioned once she entered the room.

"Clean up the room, okay?" Yuripiko wasted no time in the formalities, getting close enough to the maiko that she stood only a few inches away from her.

She patted the maiko on the arm as she made her way to the door. When she exited through the door, a crazy grin overtook her face. The credit cards were no longer in her possession, but in the unsuspecting maiko's kimono. As she walked down the hall, she dropped the wallet onto the floor, not stopping at all.

Once she reached the front she declared, "I'll be going now okaa-san."

"Okay," Her okaa-san replied, "and make sure to be back tomorrow morning for training,"

"Come on okaa-san, I've done this for years now. I know that I have to be here every morning for training."

With that she headed out, making her way home. She had finally payed off her debt to the okiya and can now live outside her work quarters. Once she was away from prying eyes, Yuripiko pulled out a bag from behind a bush. She went somewhere secluded and began to change out of her Geisha clothing, putting on something more... modern. She even removed the makeup on her face.

Letting her hair down, Yuripiko continued on her way. Since the wind picked up, it caused her ebony hair to whip all over the place. She moved it away from her face, her unusual amber eyes shinning with annoyance. It was at least uncommon for a Japanese woman to have eyes the color of honey-gold. She's at least never seen anyone, besides herself, with amber eyes.

Since she walked lost in thought, someone bumped right into her, almost knocking her to the ground. A hand shot out to grab her, allowing her to stay steady. When she looked up to chide the person into watching were they where going, the protest died inside her throat the moment she locked eyes with said person. In front of her stood a man: he was so very handsome. His eyes gleamed with regret, but the thing that got her attention the most was the color of his eyes.

They were an unbelievable color, even more so than her's. The eye color reminded her of a tangerine; a deep orange-red. Just looking at him in all, Yuripiko knew that he was either a halfer or from some other race. The major clue in that theory, was the fact that his hair was blond. It had some brown highlights in it, making his hair in the darker shade category of blonds.

The man was wearing some black dress pants, a red cashmere sweater and some really nice dark shoes.  

"Pardon me, I was not watching where I was going," The man declared, giving Yuripiko a slight smile.

"Ah, it was nothing," She replied, cheeks warm, unable to be her usual rude self. Not liking the fact that she was not acting herself because of a guy, Yuripiko included, with a click of her tongue, "next time just watch where you are going, you idiot!"

"Of course," He brushed Yuripiko's comment aside. That annoyed her.

"Blugger off!" Yuripiko spat, yanking her arm out of his hold, continuing on her way home. Not hearing him say, "Blugger is not a word!"

She couldn't believe that guy, what a moron. Why was he even wearing such nice clothes here of all places. He's going to get robbed, she just knew it. Whatever. It'll end up being that fool's fault, for well, being a fool.

She reached the place where she lived at, a grimace appearing onto her face, she could see her neighbor's client walking out of the building. Once he walked by her, Yuripiko could see his eyes roaming her body. What a pervert, especially after what he's done in her neighbor's place not too long ago. She just clicked her tongue, not stopping at all. 

"You're here early,"

Turning to the side, Yuripiko spotted the one who spoke; her neighbor. She was leaning against her doorframe.

"I finished with my client and decided to head home early." Yuripiko responded, coming to a halt right in front of her.

"Of course you did," Her neighbor commented offhandedly. She pulled out an e-cigarette, taking a long drag of it. Blowing out the smoke, she continued, "so what now?"

"Nothing, just going to head inside," Yuripiko replied.

"You should join me you know." Her neighbor declared.

Letting out a huff, Yuripiko respond, "I think not, I am a Geisha, someone who is not meant to be a prostitute."

"Sure, if I hadn't known you for a while now, I would've actually believed your words to be sincere," Her neighbor snorted. "I know you couldn't care less about what it means to be a Geisha, it was just an easy way to get what you wanted."

"You've gotten me all figured out don't you," Yuripiko exclaimed sarcastically, rolling her eyes a few moments later.

"You don't have to be so snarky about it!" Tsukino Amai, her neighbor, remarked.

"I don't, Tsukino?" Yuripiko was messing with her and they both knew it.

"Tsukino?! You're still calling me by my last name, and with no honorifics to boot!" Tsukino whined. "You are such a rude little girl you know that!"

"Little, please, I've got more of a body than you do my love," Yuripiko emphasized the last two words in mocking. 

Tsukino's face was painted a vermillion red, showing her irritation. "J-Just leave!"

"With pleasure," Clicking her tongue, Yuripiko continued on her journey toward her home, which was right next to Tsukino's�"her being Yuripiko's neighbor and all.

Tsukino was being an idiot and they both knew it. They've gone over the whole, "becoming a prostitute" thing for a while now, and her answer always remained the same: No! Why won't Tsukino get it through her thick skull already. Clicking her tongue again, Yuripiko headed for the shower. Somehow this whole day has been bothersome.

               ~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~

Yuripiko was in the kitchen making herself some dinner, when she heard it. On the news, there was an announcement about how brutal murders have been occurring around Senzoku Yon-chō-me.

... She lived in Senzoku Yon-chō-me. She stared at the screen blankly for a few moments before she just shrugged her shoulders and continued in her cooking. Once she finished, she had a plate of Takikomi-Gohan, and Goma-Dofu in front of her. A warm cup of green tea right next to the plate.

"Itadakimasu."

Yuripiko then proceeded to dig into her food. Once she finished she got up and cleaned her dishes. Right as she finished, a pounding was sounded. It came from her front door. As time passed the banging got louder and more frequently.

Yuripiko just stared at it blankly, not moving from her spot. Once the persistent pounding continued, Yuripiko finally decided to go check it out. Clinking her tongue, Yuripiko unlocked the door. She didn't even have a chance to open it for the person in the other side swung it open, making it hit the wall with a loud bang. It was Tsukino.

"You have to let me inside!" Tsukino demanded, trying to push her way inside.

"Oh, and why's that?" Yuripkio simply asked, not budging from her spot.

"Well you see, it's an old client of mine who I-I..um-"

"You what?" Yuripiko deadpanned.

"-Conned!"

Yuripiko clicked her tongue again, but nevertheless let her neighbor inside. As Yuripiko turned back around, she saw that Tsukino was going to take out her e-cigarette.

Before she could smoke it, Yuripiko declared, "Get out."

"What?! Why?!" Tsukino cried out in shock.

"If you are to smoke that, then I wish it to be somewhere that is not in my home."

Pouting, Tsukino reluctantly put it away. It was quiet for a few moments before Tsukino decided that she did not like the silence, much to Yuripiko's irritation.  

"Hey, do you mind if I watch some TV?"

"Do as you like," Yuripiko replied, clicking her tongue to show her indifference.

Tsukino proceeded to do just that. She turned on the TV and not a few minutes later, she gasped in horror. With too much exaggeration if you asked Yuripiko.
 
"Yuripiko-chan, come look at this!" 

"What is it?" She drawled out.

"There's a killer running loose in Senzoku Yon-chō-me: that's here!"

"What of it, I knew that already,"

"Huh!" She cried out in shock, "how come you've never told me?!"

"Calm yourself, I only found out about it right before you showed up."

"Oh..." She trailed off, not knowing what else to say after that accusation.

"Tsk." Yuripiko clicked her tongue once again.

               ~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~

As she headed inside the okiya, Yuripiko knew something was wrong the moment she spotted her okaa-san, the maiko and her client from the day before. They looked to be arguing. When the maiko spotted Yuripiko, she suddenly pointed right at her, saying something rapidly towards the others. Their okaa-san motioned for Yuripiko to head towards them.

The maiko shouted, "It was her!"

Yuripiko knew exactly what she was talking about, but pretended as though she did not. Instead she responded with a, "What was me?"

"You're the one who made me clean the room, and you were probably the one who put Nosaka-san's credit cards on my person!"

Before anyone could respond, a loud noise was heard. Yuripiko's hand was raised while the maiko's head was to the side: she had slapped the insolent girl. She looked livid.

"How dare you accuse me of doing such a thing as stealing! I am a Geisha, I would never do that for I have respect in my occupation!" Yuripiko proclaimed.

"Well I didn't do it!" The maiko snapped back. "I know it was you, why else would you have me clean the room?"

"I did it as your nee-chan!" She then turned towards Nosaka. "I never even touched you have I sir?"

Nosaka shook his head, "No, not once has Seiko-san touched me."

The maiko started to become hysterical once she realized that things were not going in her favor. "Then how do you explain me taking his credit cards if I had never seen Nosaka-san prior to today?" 

"It must have fallen out of his pocket during my dance and when you cleaned, you must have found it on the couch."

Yuripiko's answer had been the final straw, in the end the one who looked like the thief was the maiko. She was forced out of the okiya, never again was she allowed to be inside the establishment. Yuripiko's okaa-san pulled Yuripiko into a hug, feeling bad for the girl. As Yuripiko's chin touched her okaa-san's shoulder, a crazed grin overtook her lips.

'Perfect!'



© 2016 Maricela Moreno


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW!!! simply Wow! very detailed!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 26, 2016
Last Updated on July 26, 2016


Author

Maricela Moreno
Maricela Moreno

Las Vegas, NV



About
Aspiring Writer. Reader. Bookworm. Atheist. more..

Writing
B B

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno


C C

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno