C

C

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno

Right before the ax could slice her, Yuripiko was pulled out of the way. Mitsue had grabbed a hold of the back of her kimono, pulling her towards him. The man recovered and turned towards him, swinging his ax at her again. This time Yuripiko was ready: she kicked forward with her right foot, the bottom of her sandal hitting him square in the chest. The man went backwards, landing on the floor with a thud.

Mitsue's hand latched onto Yuripiko. "Come on we have to go, Yamaguchi-sama!"

Before she could respond, Yuripiko was hauled up on to her feet. Annoyed of the fact that her kimono and sandals stopped her from moving far, Yuripiko reached inside the kimono until her fingers brushed against the upper part of her right arm, pulling out a knife. Mitsue looked at her in surprise but Yuripiko ignored him in favor of cutting off most of the bottom half of the kimono until it reached her thighs. She also kicked off her sandals. Yuripiko put the knife away, and this time it was her who pulled Mitsue with her.

She ran right through the sliding doors, heading for the nearest exit. She past maikos on her way, them stopping to look at her in shock, surprise, and disgust. She must look like a disgrace with her ruined and ripped kimono. Her makeup was also probably smeared. She finally spotted the door, her heart pounding rapidly inside her chest.

Never would she have thought to become aroused with... fear. She hasn't felt scared in years, which was when she was that weak little girl. She's never going to become her ever again! Ever!

"Yamaguchi-sama, he's gaining on us, I apologize in advice for having to do this!"

Yuripiko didn't get a chance to ask what he meant before she was lifted up in the air and into the arms of Mitsue. She gripped at his shoulders, holding in a scream from the surprise he caused her when he lifted her up without any warning. She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from screaming. It tasted like copper. What happened to the coolheaded, deceitful and snide woman that she was-is?!

Yuripiko shut her eyes for a few moments, regaining her composure. She was still that woman, she was just caught off guard and now she can go back to her original, normal self. Opening them up again, her honey colored eyes were void of any emotions: she was back to her old self.

"Put me down," Yuripiko commanded flatly.

Mitsue listened to Yuripiko. Setting her down on the ground, Mitsue backed away. "Yamaguchi-sama, is something the matter?"

Yuripiko just looked at him, ignoring the fact that she probably looked like s**t. Instead she gave him a blank look, replying, "I want you to get away from me."

"What?"

"Leave me alone, I don't want to ever see you again," Yuripiko answered expressionless.

"But Yamaguchi-sama, I have to-"

"Also, stop calling me Yamaguchi-sama, my name is Yuripiko," She back away from him, ignoring the fact that the man was probably still chasing them and wasn't far behind.

"I'm going to annihilate you!" The man was behind her, his ax raised yet again.

"Yamaguchi-sama!" Mitsue ran towards them, doing his best to reach Yuripiko before it was too late.

'Not again!'

~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~

"Keep at it!" The man shouted, giving the child a look of disappointment. "If you do not practice then you'll never be good enough."

The child listened to what the man said, shooting the target in front of it. Bullets flew, the sound of gunshot rang in the air, and the smell of copper assault their noses. The child did not stop its practicing, not even when tired. Even after the child hit the target bullseye every time, the man did not appear impressed. After the bullets finally ran out, the man spoke up.

"Follow me, there something I want you to do."

The child followed the man, showing no expression whatsoever. After walking for a while the man finally stopped. They were in a secluded area, perfect for committing a crime. The man looked down at the child, a crazed grin on his face.

He bend down until he was crouching next to the child, whispering in its ear, "You see that over there, I want you to shoot it."

The child looked towards where the man pointed, seeing something yellow in the distance. The child wasn't sure what it was. It was too far away to tell.

"Come on, shoot it," The man encouraged.

Listening to the man, like it always did, the child readied its gun, aimed and fired. As the bullet hit the target, a sudden cry echoed around them. The child ran towards where the target was at, trying to figure out what caused that shout. As the child got closer to the target, a suddenly dread filled the child. The direction of where the cry happened was very close to where the target was at.

When the child finally reached the target, a sob escaped the child's lips. The cry had indeed happened in the direction of where the target was at because it was the target who cried out. The target wasn't just another meaningless object: it was a person! The gun fell from between the child's fingers, and not a few moments later, the child was on its knees sobbing quite loudly. A hand landed on the child's shoulder.

The child looked up with blurry eyes, watching as the man stared at the body in front of them with glee. The child turned its gaze back towards the target; it was dead. The child knew this for a fact because while the corpse's eyes were opened, they were glazed over and the pupils were dilated. It also wasn't moving or breathing. The sobs of the child grew more viciously the longer it stared at the body.

"Oh chin up would you, this man deserved it. He was a pedophile and a sleazy dirtbag: a real monster." The man crouched down again, only this time made it so that he was face to face with the child. With his hand still on its shoulder, the man continued, "You see Yuripiko, the real monsters of this world are us, humans. We are selfish, pathetic creatures that would do whatever it means to get what we want, regardless of those who we hurt. Never trust another person Yuripiko, or else you'll end up hurt, again."

In that moment Yuripiko knew what he said was true. People were monster who could not be trusted. They'll betray her and stab her in the back if she was not careful, if she allowed any of them to get close to her. After all, she was abandoned by those she should have thought as "parents" long ago. And now she was betrayed by the man who caged her, he tricked her into committing a crime punishable by death, a crime that was immorally wrong.

"I made you kill this man because it amused me. Whatever you do Yuripiko, must be only for yourself, it must benefit only you and no on else. Live your life full of hatred and mistrust, live it only for you. Only then would you be strong enough to obliterate me. I know that is what you want. You want to hurt and destroy me as I did you, do you not?"

Yuripiko did not respond, she looked down at the body, void of any emotions.

"This world is a cruel and lonely place. Especially here in Senzoku Yon-chō-me. Being kind and considerate of others is only going to get you killed, you must become of what our true nature is; selfish and deceptive. Only then can you become Yuripiko of Senzoku Yon-chō-me." With those parting words, the man got up and left, never to be seen by Yuripiko ever again.

Yuripiko stayed where she was at a while longer, staring the body in front of her. A few moments later her shoulders began to shake. Not long after she was laughing hysterically, tears pouring from her eyes, and yet, a crazed grin was on her features this time. That man was right, she must become a person who only looked out for themselves. Even if he abused her psychologically, he knew what he was talking about.

She is going to live only for herself, regardless of those who got hurt.

She was Yuripiko of Senzoku Yon-chō-me.

She was a (pathetic) monster.

~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~

Snapping out of the trance that she was in, Yuripiko moved to the left, avoiding the ax. She was done with all this crap! Yuripiko pulled out her knife and stabbed it into the man's arm, making him drop the ax and unleash an anguished cry. Pulling out the knife from his arm as if it was nothing, Yuripiko stashed it back to where it belonged. She instead reached for his ax, intending to do what he's been trying to do to her all day.

"Wait, Yama-Yuripiko-sama!" A hand stopped her before her fingers could touch the ax. "If you touch that you'll disintegrate!"

Yuripiko did not reply, instead she got up and started to walk away. She was going home, she had nothing to do with what's happening at all. Her life is her own, and she's not about to lose it because of some guy who thinks he's a celestial being. What an idiotic fool! She decided to forget about the two men. She knew she would get stared on her way home, but she hadn't any other clothes, so what she's wearing would have to do.

She was already on the street that led to her apartment when a voice spoke up from behind her.

"Whew�"finally caught up with you, Yuripiko-sama!"

Yuripiko turned around and let out a string of curses underneath her breath.

"You are persistently annoying! Leave me alone!"

"I already told you that I couldn't Yuripiko-sama," He shook his head, "your father wished for me to protect you."

"I don't have a father!" Yuripiko  uncharacteristically snapped. "So. Just. Leave. Me. Alone!" 

"You do, he's someone whom you should be proud of!" Mitsue argued, defending his "leader".

"Then where is this so called father of mine," Yuripiko countered. "How can I be proud of a man who was never there for me! The only person who was ever close to being a father to me was the one who helped shaped the person I am today!"

"Your father is the almighty God!"  Mitsue blurted.

It was quiet for a few moments before Yuripiko�"surprisingly�"broke it with a click of her tongue. "I knew you were nothing but a fool."

"Yuripiko-chan, that is no way to speak to someone!" It was Tsukino, who showed up out of nowhere. Turning towards Mitsue, Tsukino continued with a smile and a bow, "I am so sorry about my neighbor�"she's a bit rough around the edges. I'm Tsukino Amai by the way, but you can call me Amai if you'd like!"

Bowing towards Tsukino, Mitsue replied, "I am Mitsue Akio."

"Is it all right if I just call you Akio-kun?"

Yuripiko looked at Tsukino with an eyebrow raised, surprised that her neighbor wanted to be on first name bases with a man she just met. Mitsue himself looked surprised, but also uncomfortable, as if the idea didn't sit well with him. Nevertheless he agreed to Tsukino's whim. 

"So, tell me Akio-kun, what brings you to this part of the neighborhood?" Tsukino purred.

Ahh, now Yuripiko understood, Tsukino must've thought that Mitsue was looking to get a prostitute and that Yuripiko just happened to chance upon him and was about to drive him away, making it so that Tsukino might loose a potential client. This should be entertaining.

(At least she didn't hear about how Yuripiko's supposed father is the almighty God).

"I am here to protect Yuripiko-sama," Mitsue responded, making Tsukino blink at him. She either was surprised by his statement or she just realized the color of his eyes.

"Your eyes are amazing, and here I thought the only one with the unusual eye color was Yuripiko!" So it was the latter. Her neighbor could be so dense at times. "Anyway, if you're here at Senzoku Yon-chō-me then it must mean you're looking for entertainment. Come with me and I'll show you an amazing show, unlike those Geisha."

That was a jab aimed at Yuripiko; how childish of her neighbor. Besides that, is this really how her neighbor got customers, by blandly insinuating that she's a prostitute. How moronic. As her neighbor leaned in to whisper something to Mitsue, Yuripio clicked her tongue. This little game has lost its amusement. 

"What?!" Ah, finally. "That is a sin, the almighty lord would be so disappointed in you, Amai-san!"

Mitsue looked horrified at whatever Tsukino must have whispered in his ear. Tsukino on the other hand, looked shocked at his utter rejection.

'Now this has gotten amusing.'



© 2016 Maricela Moreno


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please continue this tale. It's really enjoyable. Props!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 27, 2016
Last Updated on July 27, 2016


Author

Maricela Moreno
Maricela Moreno

Las Vegas, NV



About
Aspiring Writer. Reader. Bookworm. Atheist. more..

Writing
A A

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno


B B

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno