B

B

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno

"I am so sorry that this had to happen!" Her okaa-san apologized once the hug ended.

Yuripiko's face had long since returned to its normal (fake) expression: her smile "genuine" and her eyes bright.

"It's fine, it's not your fault. After all, some maikos would do anything to become a Geisha," Yuripiko remarked, a sad little smile on her face.

"Why don't you go home today," Her okaa-san suggested, still feeling bad.

Nodding her head meekly, Yuripiko looked at her client and apologized, "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"It's all right," He replied, about to leave as well.

Bowing to him and her okaa-san, Yuripiko heads home. She did her normal routine and changed into a more modern type of wear. She removed the makeup and let her hair down. As she put her Geisha clothing inside the bag, something rammed into her quite harshly, sending her tumbling backwards. Getting out of her momentarily vertigo, Yuripiko looked up to see what exactly was on her. 

It was a... dog? No, it looked bigger than a dog, it was a wolf! When her brain finally processed that thought, Yuripiko could feel her eyes widen. What was a wolf doing in Senzoku Yon-chō-me?! The wolf was growling at her, his teeth bare.

Saliva dripping from its mouth and onto the grass besides her ear. His breath was warm. His dark fur looked slick while his violet eyes shone in warning. Yuripiko wasn't sure what to do, if this was a person, then she would have easily pushed them off of her, but since this clearly wasn't a person, Yuripiko wasn't sure if she should risk agitating the animal�"not when it can cleanly bite off her head. Fortunately, Yuripiko didn't have to think about it any longer when the wolf was thrown off of her.

A hand was soon in her line of vision. Getting back to her senses, Yuripiko slapped the hand away, getting up herself without any help. She doesn't need it. As she raised her head, she saw the person who had helped her. It was that same man from before�"the one with the tangerine colored eyes.

He gave her a slight smile, despite the fact that she was frowning at him, and turned back towards the�"monster? The wolf was back on its feet, and was circling around them with its hackles risen. Afraid, though she was never going to admit it, Yuripiko moved closer to her supposed savior and watched the wolf with warily, making sure he didn't try to surprise her and attack. When she heard a noise coming from her side, Yuripiko moved her gaze towards her companion (at least for the situation they were in). From somewhere, which she didn't know where, the man pulled out a katana. 

It was not just some regular katana either, the one he had glowed? It shone a dim red-orange color, the same one as his eyes. Looking at it closer, Yuripiko could see that it sparkled as well. The hilt of the katana was gold on the other hand, and not just any gold, but solid gold. Of course most of it was hidden by the white bandage that was wrapped around it so that his grip on it was firm.

As the wolf finally lunged at them, the man raised his katana and stabbed at the wolf. The wolf managed to evade it just before it nicked him. The wolf growled at them one last time before it turned on its hind legs and left. The man watched it go for a few moments before he sheathed his katana.

He turned back towards Yuripiko with a smile, saying, "Ah, it's you again!"

Yuripiko just stared at him impassively. She faced away from him and began to walk away. Before she could leave, a hand on her wrist stopped her. Yuripiko, out of reflex, managed to twist his arm instead.

It doesn't break, not since she didn't use too much force, but it does leave him feeling uncomfortable.

"Would you be as kind as to let go of my arm?"

Yuripiko does as he asked and lets go of his arm, all but shoving him away from her.

"Now go on, ask what you clearly want to know," He encouraged her.

Any other time Yuripiko would've made him pay for doing something as ordering her around, but the situation was different this time. Instead she did as he said.

"Why did a wolf attack me?"

"Hmm, how can I explain this to you..." The man thought out loud, annoying Yuripiko.

Clicking her tongue, Yuripiko responded with a, "Forget it."

"I'm just messing with you Yamaguchi-sama," Yuripiko blinked at that, "I'll answer your question-"

"Yamaguchi-sama?!" She remarked in surprise�"why was he using that honorifics with her of all people?

"Yes, I am supposed to speak to you in respect, as your father wished it," He responded. Yuripiko felt irk rise from within her at the man's proclaim.

"My father-?! I have no father!" Who was this foolish man and why was he spouting nonsense?

"You do Yamaguchi-sama, he is our great savior," The more the man spoke the more irksome he was becoming.

"You are infuriating! Do you honestly believe that I'll just listen to what you say and what, become grateful?" Yuripiko's voice was raising and fast.

"Please calm yourself, Yamaguchi-sama," He remarked, making Yuripiko turn silent.

What was she doing? How could she have allowed herself to get worked up because of someone?! That was not like her, that was not her! Instead she just clicked her tongue and let out a, "Tsk."

"Yamaguchi-"

"I'm leaving," Yuripiko piped up, cutting the man off.

Before the man could reach out to stop her again, Yuripiko fled from the scene, leaving the man behind. Whomever that man thought he was, he was nothing of importance to her, not even if he mentioned her supposed father. Hopefully she'll never have to see that weird guy again and then she can proceed to forget about everything that's happened today.

~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~

"You're such a weak little child you know that," The man proclaimed, sneering down at the child.

The child bowed it's head down in shame, wondering if the man will ever be impressed. "I know."

"It's good to know you realize what position you are in," The man replied, pulling out a gun. "Now, I want you to shoot the target, and if you miss they'll be no dinner for you tonight."

"I understand." The child responded, taking a hold of the gun.

"Pathetic child."

~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~

"Seiko-san, you have a visitor,"  A maiko declared, bowing before she disappeared.

Yuripiko got up from the couch, heading for the front. When she appeared, she was surprised to see who the visitor was (she'd hate to admit that though). It was that man from before. Yuripiko plastered a smile onto her face, acting as Seiko-san would. As she stood in front of him, Yuripiko bowed.

"Good evening sir, I am Seiko."

"It's a pleasure, Seiko-san," He drawled out, saying her "name" in mockery. Did he know that was not her name, if so, how? She does not recall ever telling him her true name. Besides, how would he have been able to tell she was the same woman as before when she's wearing her Geisha clothing�"and makeup.

"Likewise, sir," She gritted out, giving him a strained smile. "Now let us go into the back."

Yuripiko turned back around and lead the man into the room she had just occupied, bowing as she let him enter the room first, as she supposed to. Sliding the door closed, Yuripiko headed for the floor where the man was siting at. As she sat on her legs, Yuripiko proceeded to pour the man and herself a cup of tea. The man just let her do as she liked. As she took a sip of her warm tea, the man finally decided to speak up.

"I've finally found you, Yamaguchi-sama,"

Yuripiko almost cursed: Damn! So the man really did know who she truly was. Taking a breath, Yuripiko answered with feign confusion, "Pardon me but, who?"

"You do not have to feign ignorance with me Yamaguchi-sama, I know it is you the girl I saved from being mauled by that shapeshifter."

The man was confusing her but Yuripiko was not about to let him get the advantage over her, at least not show that he did. Instead, she remarked, "If you are not here for entertainment then I suggest you leave, I do not have time for nonsense, I have other customers waiting for me."

"Wait!" He cried out, putting a hand on top of her shoulder.

Had she not been Seiko-san for the moment, Yuripiko would've broken his arm. It took self control to stop herself from lashing out; if she had gone and done that, the man would've then known with certainty that she's the same woman from before. Fortunately, Yuripiko had wit.

"Keep your hands off of me! It is forbidden for a Geisha to have any romantic or sexual relation with a client, sir." Yuripiko proclaimed, pretending to sound as if she had genuine pride in her Geisha rules. "At least during work."

"Please do not call me sir, I am below you as for you to talk to me in respect," He completely ignored her previous statement other than the fact that she called him sir. Unbelievable, her "savior" was an idiot. "I am Mitsue Akio."

"Mitsue-san, please stop talking gibberish. I am not this woman of whom you speak of." She was hoping to get ride of him if she continued to play nice. She got up to leave.

"I can tell you what it was that attacked and why it did."

Faltering in her steps, Yuripiko thought about what she should do. She either ignores him and continues on her way, hopefully never seeing this annoying and persistent guy again, or she can get clued in on what she wanted to know. Knowing that she was mostly likely going to regret her choice later on, Yuripiko chose to stay.

"It was a demon," He wasted no time with formalities, something Yuripiko was grateful for, "Your father's enemy wishes for you to end up dead so that you can end up in his realm."

"My father's enemy?" Yuripiko repeated. She knew she was going to regret listening to this moronic fool's lies. "You never quit do you: for the last time, I have no father!" 

"You are wrong Yamaguchi-sama, you do have a father, and a very strong and important one too." Mitsue replied, not in the least bit bothered by her hostility. 

Trying a different approach, Yuripiko inquired, "If the wolf that attacked me was a supposed demon, then what does that make you?"

"Good question," Giving her a smile, the man continued, "I, Yamaguchi-sama, am a celestial being."  

Yuripiko just gave the man a blank stare, not finding his joke amusing in the least bit. Instead she clicked her tongue at him.

"Just because your name means, "bright man of the light" does not automatically make you a celestial being."

"I know that!" The man replied, his cheeks looking suspiciously flushed. "I am a celestial being, Yamaguchi-sama. I would never lie about that, not to you." 

'N-Not to me...' That statement, that fake statement made Yuripiko feel irritated. He was lying, she knew that without any doubt. People always lie.

"I'm done talking to an idiot such as yourself, good day," She didn't get up to leave this time, not when she knew her attempt would've been futile, at least while she's Seiko-san.

Instead she looked away from him and began to fix up the room. Hopefully Mitsue would get the hint, give up and leave.

"Yamaguchi-sama-"

'Boom!'

The noise sounded loudly across the room. Looking up with eyes wide, Yuripiko could only watch as the... man (with wings?) came straight at her, a brightly lite ax in his hand.

'S**t!'



© 2016 Maricela Moreno


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

And my WOW continues, I need more! Great stuff! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 26, 2016
Last Updated on July 26, 2016


Author

Maricela Moreno
Maricela Moreno

Las Vegas, NV



About
Aspiring Writer. Reader. Bookworm. Atheist. more..

Writing
A A

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno


C C

A Chapter by Maricela Moreno