Chapter 6 - Exigent

Chapter 6 - Exigent

A Chapter by AnderHearn
"

Passing Doves new chapter every Friday! Thank you for taking the time to read. An unexpected move from DT. Audy sends Simon into a panic.

"
"Wanida, why the f**k would you do that without consulting me first?!" says Captain Edmons as he loosens his tie. Detective Audy shakes her head, "I did what I thought was best."
"What you thought was best? You got the whole of goddamn DFW wetting their beds about a serial killer that murders couples and you got no evidence in the least!"
"Captain," Wanida heavily sighs, "It's a hu..." 
Captain Edmons interrupts her, "If you say it's a hunch I am gonna suggest that the Chief bust your a*s down to traffic duty!"
Wanida stares at him defiantly,
"Goddamn it," says Captain Edmons as his iPad starts to ring,
"Next time, you better inform me before pulling something like this."
------

"The Queen of England has died," says an anchor as he shakes his head in disappointment, "The entire world mourns." 

Simon finishes the last of his Singapore Sling and looks around the bar surprised to see the unfolding scene. 
"She was like our Grandmother." says one.
"The world never knew such a graceful woman." says another.
"We are proud to be English! Long live the King!" the bar erupts in applause.

Simon shakes his head at the pathetic scene.
"Hi, cutie. Nother drink?" says a bar girl as she winks at him. 

Simon looks at her for a moment then looks at the rest of the bar, 
"I'll buy the whole f*****g menu if you can tell me why the hell these idiots are celebrating that old racist b***h."
 The girl looks at him for a moment then gives a nervous laugh,
 "I don't know. Maybe becau..." before she can finish two men stand up and walk over to the table,
"What was that, boy?" says one of the men.
 Simon looks at him and smiles,
"Don't mind me," Simon says, "I said the quiet part out loud." 
"There's plenty to mind, American. You do not talk badly about the Queen!" 
Simon shoots out of his seat, 
"Irish-American, get it right. Now, get the f**k out of my face before you join the c**t!"
The two men look at each other then back at him,
"Irish. That figures. None of you Irish plankers have any bloody manners." 
Simon nods his head,
"More manners than your dead Queen. Rude to stink up the place with that royal stench."
"That's f*****g it!" says one of the men glaring at Simon,
Simon snickers, "That's f*****g what?"
One of the men takes a swing but is knocked unconscious with a quick elbow.
Simon grabs the other by the collar and pulls him close, 
"You trying to decide if I will f*****g bury you where you stand? Go ahead and test me, m**********r."
The man's eyes widen, shocked at Simon's calm demeanor,
"Right." the man says nervously as he picks up his friend and drags him back to their table.

The bar girl stares at Simon in disbelief, "Wow."

"Sorry about that. Some people just don't know when to quit," Simon thinks about Jonathan, "and some do."

She laughs, surprising him, "They not know when quit. Everyday they make a problems." 

Simon nods his head, "Well, glad I could help." Simon takes out his wallet, "How much?" 

She looks him up and down, "800 baht. Want I come to your room?"

Simon shakes his head, "Not tonight." 

"Here's 2,000. Keep the change."

Simon sits in a bar opposite the overly proud plankers drinking a Jack and Coke in honor of Jonathan. He couldn't get him out of his mind,
"Just two." Simon says as he patiently waits for his doves to leave the bar. 

He had been stalking him for 3 days unnoticed. Simon didn't consider that his targets would change, or that at least the woman would. The man had a different bar girl every night he followed him out to the bars. He was certain tonight would be no different. 

A couple of hours later Simon is trailing the man, along with his newest bar girl, back to the room confident he would be able to get in and take care of them quickly. The room sat in a lonely alley connected to two others, which Simon assured were vacant by calling the owner and acting like an interested renter.

How dare Jonathan cost the life of two people damn near a world away. He had to pay for his refusal to die like a good little dove.

Simon smiles as the door closes behind the couple.

Now, just to collect his tools from his hotel room, make the curtain call, and receive his bloody applause.  

Showtime. 

A couple of hours later Simon is in his room absolutely fuming. Killing that old man and his w***e did nothing. He was burning to finish what he failed at in Dallas.

That damn video.

Jonathan must die and there wasn't a shred of time to waste. Simon boils in anger as he throws a bottle of Jack at the wall,

"I should have never left Texas, goddamnit!"

Simon hurriedly packs his bags and calls a Grab to take him to the airport already forgetting about the two people he just killed.


© 2022 AnderHearn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

30 Views
Added on September 16, 2022
Last Updated on September 16, 2022
Tags: Thriller, Murder, Killer, Dallas, Police, Hunting, Life, Death, Weekly, Chapters