2- Delta's Story

2- Delta's Story

A Chapter by AndrewDawg

After quickly coming down from the tower, I realized there really were a lot of wounded. I tried helping, but I have little to no medical experience. I did what I could, carrying people into the med-bay, and calling out injuries.
"This guy's got a broken leg!" I called. "This one has a bad wound to the hip!"
I gave as many calls as I could for the doctors to come and check them out. I ran to get water bottles and gave them to ones in need of them.
About an hour or two later, I got news.
"From the 8 that were injured, 2 didn't make it. The 6 that did make it are still recovering, and may need time. Do your best to assist them as much as possible. Some have broken limbs." A doctor yelled.
After everything calmed, I went up into my tower and kept watch, though every now and then I'd look back to see if anyone needed help.
Eventually someone came up into my post. It was one of the Delta guys.
"Hey man." He said in a calm way and sat down in a chair next to me.
I wanted to ask what happened but I think he knew that.
"You wanna know what happened?"
"Yeah I'm rather curious."
"Best way I could describe it is that it was a bandit attack."
"Damn. What went down?"
"We came across a small community. There were about 5 or 6 houses. There were people in most. We asked if they needed anything like water or food, but they all said no. Which was strange in itself. We checked a few empty houses but before we knew it, people jumped out of the bushes with guns. We all dropped down and returned fire. A couple were shot and killed."
"Were there was that weren't killed?"
"You could tel they were like a quick militia."
"What do you mean?"
"It was almost like they were given weapons but no training, and told to shoot anyone who came into the area."
"Jesus.."
"Well that's what we suspect, but can't be sure. We did take a few in to help. One guy in particular, Robert Hall, knew a good deal. He said a group of 30 or so people came in and took a lot of the people in the community. Some were given guns. But they left with the same number of people."
"What, so they left some of their own guys behind at the community?"
"Yeah, that's what we can assume. It's a good thing we didn't go into all the houses."
I didn't know what to say. I wasn't mentally prepared for something like this.
"Also, you know that guy you said had the hip injury?" He asked. "Turns out, if you hadn't called that out when you did, he wouldn't have made it."
"I was just doing what I could." I replied.
"As a token of thanks, he wanted to give you this."
He handed over a pistol. It was a Colt M1911. 
"Holy s**t." I wasn't upset. It was a beautiful weapon. Bright brown grip, and a silver body. It looked all stock other than modest engraved livery on the side.
"Keep that."
"Yeah no kidding, I'll keep this for a long time." I was very happy about this. He handed over an extra magazine.
"Take off from this shift." He said.
"What? Really?" I asked, confused.
"Yep, training is tomorrow. Get some good sleep tonight."
"Thank you."
"Well, it's Master's orders, so.." He smiled and got down. I quickly did as well and got to my bunk.
I couldn't really sleep. The images of a bunch of bloody people kept appearing in my head, but soon enough, I stopped thinking about it, and drifted off.


© 2017 AndrewDawg


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on June 27, 2017
Last Updated on June 27, 2017


Author

AndrewDawg
AndrewDawg

FL



About
I'm young, so if my stories don't make sense, don't judge me. =D more..

Writing
4- Big Day 4- Big Day

A Chapter by AndrewDawg