Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Angels heart
"

Stephanie starts on her journey into her new school

"

I couldn't believe it, my parents finally decided to move, and to Weston of all places. Weston is only a few miles from Platte city, so I don't understand why we don't just stay in Platte city. Also, I looked up there schools and they have a horrible rating, Platte city gives me a better education. Also, the school year just started, my 7th grade year, and I was having so much fun with my friends, who's been my friends since kindergarden! or at least ive known most of them since kindergarden. That wasn't enough to convince my parents, so now I’m packing all of my things into boxes, making mountains of boxes throughout the house. I feel claustrophobic when i see our house.

I looked around my room. All of my small things and clothes were all officially in boxes now. Then, Mama and Dad have already put my boxes in the moving truck me rented. The only thing left in my room was a few boxes, my bed without its frame and a single fat sheet on it, my dresser, my book case, and my now empty desk. I have a stand thats already in the truck.

I sat in the middle of my room, looking at my now unrecognizable room. Just think about how it will look after everything is gone. I shook my head at the thought, not wanting to think it all. Then I heard the knock at my door and my head snapped over to the sound. My Mama was standing there also looking over my room, then her eyes landed on me.

They looked tired and old. My Mama has spiky hair that she dies a dark red and the has purple glasses that are a little thick but small. She wears a lot of makeup and blush. Shes wearing gray sweat pants and a purple shirt that had a bleach stain in the right corner of her shirt, so the spot looked tain. My Mama is slightly plump, but it suit her.

“Ah, so this is really happening.” She said.

“You know,” I stood up and dusted invisible dust off my pants. “you can change your mind anytime now.” Then I leaned back and cracked my spine a bit.

She laughed softly and looked around my room again. “I’m sorry, Stephanie, its just. Your Dad and I found our dream house!” She heaved a sigh and looked back over at me. “Please, try not to be too hard on us about it.”

I rolled my eyes at her which always makes her mad, and said, “Yes, i wouldn't want to make it hard on you, since you're the one who has to start a new school and make new friends and have embarrassed things about you leak out that your old school would have already known about!”

My mama’s face was flushed with anger. “Well, I’m sorry! You're not the one who has to deal with all the bills piling up and taking care of all the things getting packed and unpacked.” My Mama now looked like she was going to cry. She stomped down the hallway, making it clear that she was pissed.

My Mama has stress problems, lets just say my Dad’s side of the family has been really jacked up since my Grandma died and Mama was the one who took it the hardest. Ever since then, she's had stress problems and I'm pretty sure if it was one of those days, Mama would cry or get mad at a pin dropping because of stupid stress. I always feel bad after we get in a fight because of that fact, but that doesn't stop us from getting into another one. Sometimes, I just think mama blows things way out of proportion just to get attention, or to get what she wants.

I started bringing the rest of the boxes from my room down to the truck and loaded them specifically the way Mama wanted them. When I was done doing that, I went back upstairs and took a shower, got dressed, and went to bed. As I was lying in my bed, all I could think about was how tomorrow would be my last day at PCMS, Platte City Middle School. I would have to say goodbye to my friends and then the next day, go say hello to my new classmates. I shivered at the thought. I've heard rumors that the Weston school was all about skipping class, bullies, and proving whos the coolest and badest. That school had no room for a shy person like me. I can barely even stand up in front of a class and make a speech, I don't think i'll be able to survive middle school there.

I fell asleep with thoughts of how horrible Weston will be, and of how much I’ll miss my old school. When I woke up, I could feel dry tears on the side of my face. I slapped my alarm and got up slowly, almost forgetting that my bed was on the ground. I grabbed the clothes I laid out the day before, a hot pink t-shirt with black shorts that went down to above my knees and pink flip-flops, and went to the bathroom to get changed. Luckily, Mama and Dad made sure to keep out my brush and toothpaste. I don't wear makeup because everyone says that I have perfect skin so I always think, what's the use of trying to look like you have perfect skin, when you can have perfect skin. Also, I think makeup drys out your skin so I don’t use it.

I put my bleach blond hair up in a ponytail, which only reached to the bottom of my neck. I left my bangs down, so I could cover at least my left eye. I brushed my teeth and then went on.

I emptied my bag, bringing only the stuff I knew I would need and also making room for everything I would have to take out of my locker. I was only staying until lunch because I knew by then I would be able to say goodbye to all of my friends, and then during lunch I could clean out my locker.

For the last time, I walked down are long gravel driveway and waited for the bus. I dont live in Platte city, but in Platte County, so I have to be picked up by the bus. Its takes me 3 minutes to walk over to our neighbors and when I look around, the only thing I really see is field. I’m going to miss the country scenery. You can see the Weston Middle school from our new school so I have to walk, even when its cold or snowing, or I can ride my bike but I'm scared that one of the kids will take it.

I could see the yellow bus rushing down 92 highway and turn onto interurban rd. I waited there patiently with my headphones in, listening to Skillet- Hero. When the bus finally got to me, I jumped on a greated JT, the bus driver, with a nod and went to my seat for the last time. I realized at that moment, that the whole day I’m going to be thinking ‘for the last time’ on everything I do.

I’m the first person and its always so peaceful until we go to the next two stops, which takes forever. When we did get through the two stops, I could hear anything even through my loud music like usual, which made me happy. This is going to be a good last day. I thought.



When we finally got through all of the stops, Katie Wise was hugging me. She was a popular student who I was stuck with as a bus seat partner. She was always trying to set me up with someone and I always refused. But even though the two years I knew her, she was a good person, just a lot of boyfriend drama followed and she would always ask me the questions to her relationship problems, which I never understood. But, the thing is she always did what I said and it always turned out good. She said that was a good relationship sign with me, whatever that meant.

“Oh, Steph, what am I going to do without you to sit next to?” She asked me when we arrived at the high school.

Complain to Alysa. I thought, but I said aloud, “You’ll find a way, you’ll live.” I lightly pushed her off. Everyone knew I hated it when I was smothered or center of attention. “I have your phone number, so you can still text me and I can still text you.”

“Okay.” She sniffed. Thats where she started to talk to Blake, like she just forgot that I was there, like always in the morning. Like always. I pursed my lips.

When I got off the bus, I nodded a goodbye to JT, and walked towards the Middle school. There was a cold bite in the wind, but it was almost un-noticed in the foggy summer morning. I walked into the school and went straight to the gym, knowing that there was something in there waiting for me. I walked fast past the 8th graders and kept my head down. I always felt like the 8th graders on the first row was staring at people who past, which included me.

When I got to the 7th grader girls, I ran up the bleachers to the very top, where most of my friends were waiting for me. Some had red eyes from already crying, and some where hugging each other, and other were ignoring each other completely. When they noticed me, they all raise their heads and cried my names so loud that it felt like everyone in the whole gym was staring at me, but I just ignored it and sat down where everyone was talking to me at once.

“Where are you going?”

“Are you staying at school all day today?”

“Are you coming back?”

“Why are you going?”

“When did you decide this?”

“One at a time, please.” I announced. “Um, Weston, I’m staying until lunch, I’m not sure if we're coming back, my parents didn't want to pay so much for a house, and they decided it, not me. if I decided it, I would be stayin here with you guys.” I answered. It made me sad answering questions about me leaving.

Lindsay, then came up to me and just sat down next to me and leaned on me. Lindsay was my best friend and every time I saw her, I felt like I had to protect her. She goes to my chest and she has big brown eyes, almost too big for her face, and she wears blue glasses. Her eyes were red from crying and I could see a teardrop in the corner of her eye. She had brown hair that goes a little past her shoulders. Lindsay is easily bullied because of her height, but I was always there to stop it for her. Everyone in the school knew that if you mess with one of my friends, you mess with me also.

I patted her head, not knowing what to say. Then Corra came over and sat in front of me. She has light brown hair that went down to the middle of her back and she also had big brown eyes, but they were nothing compared to Lindsay’s. Corra was one inch taller than me and she is practically the complete opposite then me but we get along just great. Corra is, what you say, a rebell. I’m the only person that keeps her on track in school because I always am partners with her.

“What town are you going to? I’m gonna burn it down, I swear I’m gonna burn it down!” She stated shaking her head.

“Weston.” Corra stopped shaking her head. Everyone in this school knew that Weston was full of rebels and that the kids are wild. That place was not for me, and we all knew that I wouldn’t survive.

Corra grabbed my shoulder that Lindsay wasn't leaning on, and patted it a bit. “Try your best, Steph. Just try to blend in or stay the hell out.”

“Thanks Corra.” I said, already having those in mind.

The rest of the morning, I had people come up to me and give me hugs and just wish me luck and saying that they missed me. I could also see some happy stares and half-hearted goodbye waving. Soon it was lunch.

All of my friends that I lunch with came with me to my locker and helped me take everything out and put it in my backpack. I had to take all my decor down in my locker and soon, it looked like no one ever used it. I held 2 clown heads in my hand, one blue and one red. The red one was missing his bow but I think he looked cooler like that. All of my friends hated my clowns, but they still said goodbye to them, Mr. Red and Mr. Blue.

Corra stroked both of their fuzzy hair and said, “I’m not going to miss these ugly things, but take care of them Stephanie.” I choked on a sob, that was the first time I heard Corra call me by my full first name. We hugged quickly and went on like nothing happened, Corra had a reputation for not being a girly girl or crying at things, and so I didn't say anything about the tears in her eyes.

“Stephanie Rose, please report to the office for dismissal.” I slightly cursed at the intercalm, and then faced most of my friends. I hugged everyone and said goodbyes to everyone of them, promising for birthday parties and sleepovers.

When they finally let me go, I walked slowly and quietly to the office, taking in the school, trying to remember every hallway, pole, and classroom. Then, I finally got to the office where my Mama was waiting patiently for me. When I looked out the steel glass doors, I could see the truck with dad in it parked behind mamas car. I was already checked out when I walked into the office.

“Ready to go?” Mama asked, smiling weakly at me. She held out her hand for me to take it, like I was a child.

“Never.” I stated, but I took her hand anyway and walked out of the school. I got in the car, but before we left the parking lot, I said a little goodbye to the school, then it was to the hell hole for kids, Weston.


© 2014 Angels heart


Author's Note

Angels heart
dont worry, it gets better

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Congratulations the story is very nicely written and it flows easy to read, it makes good material for a novel that teens can relate that could be uploaded to Kindle.

If you dont mind me asking who are the Angels, the Immortals and the demons.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angels heart

9 Years Ago

thank you so much.
the angels and Demons are not in this chapter, but will be in the next chap.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on May 24, 2014
Last Updated on May 24, 2014


Author

Angels heart
Angels heart

Platte city, MO



About
Every chance I get I love to write read and draw. Also, even in the middle of class, I HAVE to write down an idea if I get one. I love to dabble in all sorts of things. Enjoy my writing and please lea.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Angels heart