Nightmares

Nightmares

A Chapter by Anieke

Lilith Grace

1982 - 1999

August 14, 1999.


The bitter sweet lyrics of Hole’s, Dying, filled my sullen now lifeless room.

My senses seemed so heightened in those last few moments. The last strays of sunshine spilled through my half closed blinds, the dark room glowing a warm orange that i almost couldn't take my eyes off. The smell of strong coffee crept in slowly taunting me.. i desperately needed a caffeine fix.. but that wasnt important right at the particular point in time.. nothing was.

The rope scratched at my neck as i looked down to my toes, daringly hanging over the side of the wooden stool that i had been balancing on for over 20 minutes.. This was it, it was over.

I closed my eyes slowly, asking God for forgiveness before stepping off into the nothingness of eternity.

Or so I thought..

“Open your eyes little one.” The voice was so clear but so distant. Deep, slightly rough but whispered, it was calling me, daring me to come out of my dreamlike state. My body felt light almost tingly. My mind was completely clouded, blocking out any real thought.

“Just shake her or something.” This voice was different, rougher, darker. I suddenly felt more aware of someone or something, close.

“She’ll come to in a second, just be patient.” The first voice spoke again.

As much as I didn’t want them to, my eyes began to open slowly, fluttering momentarily, all I could see was a blur of intense colours around me, too harsh on my eyes to keep them open any longer. I quickly shut them tightly before I could see anything or anyone, wishing everything away once again.

I’m dead, I died.. I did. Surely you don’t think when your dead though.. oh god please don’t let me be in hospital.

Thoughts ran through my head at a million miles an hours making me snap further and further back into reality (if that’s what you’d call it.) and soon I was completely awake and aware just laying on what felt like layer upon layer of silk sheets with my eyes squeezed shut, too scared to open them and see what fate had brought me to.

“Open your eyes, Lilith, we know your awake.” They were still in the room, so close I could feel them next to me.. at that time I wasn’t too sure what or who, they were. I wasn’t real keen on finding out either, but of course I couldn’t lay there with my eyes shut forever and before long they were open and adjusting to the intensity of colours and light.

That’s when I saw them.

2 boys around 20, both with jet black hair and luminescent white skin, smooth and cold looking, like porcelain.. eerie porcelain.

One was a few inches taller than the other but both were built well. Their facial features were incredible, perfectly defined and almost mesmerizing.

A small smile played on the sides of the taller ones perfect lips as he began to speak, I soon realized I was trembling uncontrollably, something wasn’t right here..

“Your not in hospital.” He stated bluntly as if I’d just asked him, looking rather pleased with himself in a cold kind of way.

I couldn’t find my voice, I felt so detached from my body and all my self awareness had faded with the blackness.

I looked down at my body slowly, my lower half was covered with a red silk sheet exactly like the one I was laying on top of and I was wearing some sort of nightgown, cotton and sort of see through. I moved my toes slowly regaining feeling to my body before I looked back to the 2 boys who were still standing there smugly, staring, waiting.

“Who..?” Was I all I could get out of my mouth before the taller one spoke again.

“My name is Harlem, this is my brother Danny and you my dear are Lilith, does that answer your question?” He cocked his eyebrow slightly, smiling smugly.

I tried to speak again, but the words wouldn’t form, my body was still shaking violently.

“We must go brother, we can see her later tonight.” Harlem spoke softly to his brother.

“Now? But I haven’t even got to spend any time with her yet?” Danny finally spoke, his rough voice making me feel more uneasy.

“You will have plenty of time, we must go now though, Father will be expecting us.” Danny finally nodded, following Harlem out of the small room, looking back grinning at me before he closed the dark wooden door behind him.



© 2010 Anieke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2010


Author

Anieke
Anieke

Tasmania, Australia



About
Im always unsatisfied. I insist on being blonde. Im unbelievably forgetful.. seriously, you wouldn't believe it. I like red. Im completely lazy but Im a workaholic.. I like money. I wis.. more..

Writing
Enter Rebel Enter Rebel

A Story by Anieke


Tiny War Tiny War

A Poem by Anieke


Taking Truth Taking Truth

A Chapter by Anieke