Taking Truth

Taking Truth

A Chapter by Anieke

I was alone;

I sat up further on the huge bed that took up most of the room and had my first good look around. There was a large dark wooden wardrobe in the far left corner and a small vanity to the right. Glossy floorboards glistened up at me, while white walls trapped me in.

I was so confused; where was I? Who were these people .. I should have been dead, what went wrong? How did I even get here?

The tears soon spilled out as I cried hopelessly on the silky bed, everything felt so strange and weird, my body felt abnormal, I thought I could maybe cry forever..

“O what’s the matter darling? Is everything okay?” A girl around 23 stood at the door looking genuinely concerned.

“Where am I? I cried hopelessly.

The girl moved slowly to the bed, sympathy played on her face as she took my hands in hers. Her hands were cool, but not cold and amazingly soft. Incredibly, I felt so much calmer, almost knowing that she was about to explain things.

“My name is Candice, please, don’t be upset, I can answer the questions you have, you are perfectly safe.” Her voice was so sweet and soothing, she smiled so softly, I almost didn’t pay attention to what she was saying. Her hair was a pale aqua blue, long and wavy, so bohemian and strange, her eyes were a pale blue also, almost grey, they sparkled under long thick black lashes.

I snapped back to attention quickly, almost as if pulling out of a trance.

“Where am I, an.. and, and who the hell were those guys in here before?” I stammered out quickly, shaking slightly.

“Your in the Black Realm of Eden my dear, at the Yeltor Palace.” She spoke with a slight sadness in her voice.

“What? Where is that? I.. I. Look.. I should be dead.. I wanted to be dead, I didn’t want to be saved, who..” I trailed off as I started to cry, dropping my head to my hands, feeling the warm tears form small puddles in my palms.

“But darling, you weren’t saved.. Your dead, just like us all.”

It feels strange to know your dead. To know that you took your own life. But everything feels real, I can feel, I can taste, I can hear, I can see, I can smell… even better than before, every sense is heightened intensely. So many things I just don’t understand, but the feeling of needing to know isn’t killing me, it doesn’t really matter.. Im dead.

I always presumed there was Heaven and Hell, maybe even Limbo.. Well apparently there is, and the Black Realm of Eden, is a realm in a sort of Limbo.. Im not completely sure. Its hard to explain and even harder to believe..

Things were different here, strange and unreal.

Candice, had spent 2 hours sitting on the bed with me in the apparent Yeltor palace guestroom, explaining things.

“I guess your probably shocked that you feel so alive and your in a bed in a room you know.. pretty normal, don’t get me wrong though, this place is nothing like the world, this is an afterlife, a mystical place, with mystical things. Embrace your afterlife.. this is what you wanted.”



© 2010 Anieke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2010


Author

Anieke
Anieke

Tasmania, Australia



About
Im always unsatisfied. I insist on being blonde. Im unbelievably forgetful.. seriously, you wouldn't believe it. I like red. Im completely lazy but Im a workaholic.. I like money. I wis.. more..

Writing
Enter Rebel Enter Rebel

A Story by Anieke


Tiny War Tiny War

A Poem by Anieke


Nightmares Nightmares

A Chapter by Anieke