Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by terminallyScorpio

Rain poured outside of the apartment building, the ground now nothing but mud and water. The door of apartment 307 opened before slamming, the light's flickering on, "God d****t.." the blonde muttered, dropping his gun on the couch as he sat down. His attention turned to the kitchen as he heard shuffling. He grabbed his fully loaded handgun, shooting the wall in the kitchen. A large scream was heard and he gave a smirk, "What the hell Mels!" that voice, last time he heard it was over a year ago. He stood up, his gun positioned to shoot as he walked forward. The red-head sat in the kitchen, back against the wall, his goggles hanging off his face. He took a breath before speaking, "Mello. What the hell." he said in a shaky voice, fixing his goggles. He glared up at Mello, only to get a gun pointed at his forehead, "Why are you here?" Mello asked, pushing the boy's forehead with the gun. The red-head gave a small smile which only angered Mello. Why was he not taking this seriously? Moments ago he was scared to death by a bullet hitting the wall and now he was smiling up at him like an idiot when he had a loaded firearm pointing to his head, "Can Mells best friend not come to visit?" the red-head frowned, looking up at Mello with a small glare. Mello gave a frustrated sigh, bringing up a gloved hand the pinch the bridge of his nose, "Look Matt, why the hell were you in my kitchen?" Mello lowered his gun, putting the safety back on as he threw it into the living room. Matt gave another one of his stupid smiles, opening the fridge and grabbing a chocolate bar, "You know I like food." he muttered as he unwrapped the chocolate bar and bit it. 



Mello grabbed the chocolate out of his grip, frowning, "This is mine, Matt! Get you're own chocolate bar!" Matt rolled his eyes behind his goggles, "I can't do that because when I do a certain someone eats it!" he snatched it back, running over to the living room before Mello could grab it again.  He ran his finger along the red couch, drawing a long line. Mello sat down on the arm rest, placing a glare on the red-head, "So, what have you been up to?" he asked Matt calmly, "I could ask you the same, Mels." Matt replied, taking a bite out of the chocolate bar. Mello gave a frustrated sigh, "If you really want to know, I've been working with the mafia to try to catch Kira," he replied, crossing his arms. Matt gave a small, short laugh, "That isn't all of it. This is one of you're plans to be number one over Near, isn't it?" s**t, how did he always see right through him. Mello didn't respond, staring at the window being pelted by rain. 


Matt nudged Mello, "Hey, so where am I gonna stay?" "Stay? What do you mean 'stay'?" Mello asked, raising an eyebrow, "Stay as in, I'm living with you till I get my own place, I pay half the rent. You're not the only one working for someone. And, just so you at least don't bother me, I'll buy you one carton of chocolate every two weeks, seeing you go through those pretty fast." he remarked, pulling a wad of dollars out of his pocket and handing it to Mello. Mello rolled the wad in his hand, a small smile crossing his face, "Deal. You have clothes right? You are not borrowing mine," Matt gave another laugh, "Like I'd want to borrow you're clothes. Yes, I brought my own clothes, I knew you'd give in once I would bring up the chocolate." Mello frowned, Matt was the 3rd smartest between him and Near and he had already outsmarted Mello, "You can sleep on the couch. You're not getting any special treatment. This is a one bedroom apartment and I am not sharing my bed with the likes of you."
  

Matt gave a chuckle, he knew his friend was not the one to share, he was lucky Mello was letting him stay. Mello stood up, waving goodbye as he went to the kitchen and grabbed a chocolate  bar before heading into his room and locking the door. Matt stood up, pulling out from under the couch a black suitcase. He opened it up, placing his Xbox 360 beside him. He pulled out the wires and controllers, bringing them all over to the flat-screen TV. Mello sure did have some money. Matt sat down, wiring up his Xbox to the TV.


An hour passed before Matt lied back on the floor, giving a sigh. Mello's TV was harder to connect to than anything he had done. It had be some recent brand, one Matt had never wired. He took off his goggles, rubbing his eyes. He sat up, walking over to the couch. The lights were still on as he collapsed, falling asleep on the red sofa. The door creaked open, Mello walking out. He glanced at the Xbox then at the sleeping figure on his sofa. He gave a sigh, walking back over to his room and grabbing a blanket from the closet. He walked back out, lying the blanket on Matt who was fast asleep. He walked over to the kitchen, snagging another chocolate bar before shutting off the light and retreating to his bedroom.


© 2012 terminallyScorpio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on July 22, 2012


Author

terminallyScorpio
terminallyScorpio

Palm Coast, FL



About
I am 13 years old and an amateur writer. I enjoy typing up stories for than actual writing seeing I have horrid hand-writing. I take part in multiple RPs and enjoy going to school. I currently work as.. more..

Writing