Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by terminallyScorpio

"We are in some deep s**t" Well obviously, Mello thought to himself, as the police held their fingers on the triggers, ready to shoot. Mello smirked, they were standing on a pot hole. He glanced at  the red-head, nudging him in the back, avoiding the police's gaze. Matt blinked, glancing over his shoulder, "Looks like we are," Mello said casually, taking a hold of Matt's guns, "Put the gun down!" the police shouted, aiming their guns at Mello, "Nah, don't think we will," Mello aimed the gun at the ground, smoke firing around them. The police shouted at each other, moving in, "Matt help me!" Mello hissed, bending down to feel around for the pot hole covering. The boy nodded following after Mello and feeling around. Their hands touched at one point, making Mello quickly draw back, enough wasting time. He found the handle at about the same second Matt did, they lifted it up slightly, pushing it away from the pot hole far enough were they could squeeze in and recover it. Mello came down first, landing in the disgusting water, Matt hung to the edge, moving the pothole till it could touch the back of his fingers. He slipped in, the pot hole slightly open but still concealed. 


Mello panted, glaring down at the water, "Course I had to wear my leather pants today.." he muttered, moving through the disgusting water, Matt following him, "Great, now we're wanted criminals," Matt complained, crossing his arms. Mello rolled his eyes, "I have been one for a long time, it isn't too bad, yea you got the police on your tail, but they don't know who I am...till today," he glared at Matt. Matt's mouth fell open, his arms outstretched, "What the hell did I do, Mello!? I'm not the one who threatened a nurse with a gun, shot a guy in the neck, and killed several people with families!" he protested, his arms hitting his sides as his hands clenched into fists, "Says the one carrying a smoke bomb gun, starting a fight with me," Mello retorted, whipping around to face the red-head. Matt snorted, "Just keep moving, we'll deal with this later.." Giving commands? To me of all people? Who does he think he is? "I don't follow you're orders, Matt." he said bitterly, turning back around and walking forward, Matt silently fuming, wanting to blow up in Mello's face. 


Mello whipped around as the sound of men yelling at one another and splashing rose from behind them, "Run Matt," Matt blinked, "What?" "Run!" Mello repeated, running through the water, Matt slightly behind him. Mello's eyes widened as he heard a loud grunt from behind him and water splashing. He glanced over his shoulder to see Matt struggling in the water, a police man on him, punching him vigorously, "Mello!" he cried out, kicking the man in the stomach, but he did not let go. Mello drew out his gun, turning around and firing it at the cop on top of Matt, stupid cop, forgot to wear his protection.. The gun pierced his chest as he fell back. The others yelled, running to the wounded cop. One of the men drew out his gun and shot Matt in the leg as he tried to escape, "S**t!" Matt hissed, falling back into the water. Mello made a u-turn, curving around to get Matt. He shot the man's hand as he was about to shoot, pulling Matt up, "Matt I need you to wrap your arms around my neck, I'll hold your legs," it was awkward how he had to carry him seeing Matt had his arms wrapped around Mello's neck and Mello had to pull Matt's legs around his mid-section. 


Mello was slightly slowed down by Matt, flinching every time Matt let out a small whimper. Mello made it to the end of the sewer, a grate separating him from the waterfall of green and brown waterfall. He glanced around, noticing the ladder up against the wall. It lead to another man hole! It hadn't been long that they were in the sewer, so Mello suspected they were near their original spot. He set Matt down, Matt throwing an arm around his neck, "Matt your going to have to climb up, at least half way," Mello ordered. Matt gave a shaky nod, watching as Mello shook off his arm and climbed up the ladder. Gripping the ladder with one hand, he pushed the man hole aside, his one arm throbbing. He glanced up, his assumptions correct. He nodded to Matt, climbing out and holding out a hand. 


Matt took a careful step up, wincing at the pain as he let his injured leg hang, using his one good leg and arms to hoist himself up the ladder. He reached out a hand, giving a smile as Mello gripped it tightly, pulling him up. Matt lay on the street for a moment stunned, "Matt, come on there are police vehicles every where...I'm going to take one," Mello stated bluntly, hoisting Matt's arm over his shoulder and dragging/carrying him over to a vehicle. The police had their backs to them. Mello opened the car door, shoving Matt inside. He heard a "Hey!" from inside, moving to the drivers seat. A police offer waiting inside, his gun aimed at them. Mello pulled out his gun, the man instantly pointing his gun to Matt's head, "You shoot, I shoot." He grunted. The man faced Mello, not realizing it as Matt pulled out his gun, the smoke bomb still inside, though he would not waste it in here. He hit the man's gun, sending the man's head whipping towards his way, eyes wide at the size of the gun the boy held. Here was his chance, pulling back the trigger, Mello shot the man in the head, opening the car door and  pulling him out.


Mello got into the car, starting it up just as the other police men began to turn around and shoot at the car. Mello pulled out, speeding down the streets, "Matt, your the one who knows about electronics, find the sirens," Matt stared at Mello dumbfounded for a moment before pressing a button with the word 'Siren' on it. Mello knew that Matt was impressed by how stupid that was, but manged to hold back his need to hit the boy upside the head. Mello sped down the street, cop cars soon following after him. Whipped through traffic, soon loosing the police, a smirk on his face. He clicked the button, turning off the sirens as he drove back to the apartment building. He stopped at the entrance, letting Matt out, "Matt go back to the room if they ask about your leg tell them that you forgot your ID to go to the hospital," Matt nodded, stepping out and limping into the lobby.

Mello pulled out of the parking lot, and down the street. The patch of woods caught his eye and he veered off the road, hitting the car against a tree. He got out of the car, making his way back to the apartment complex. 


It had taken him about fifteen minutes to get back. He climbed up the stairs, entering the room. Matt lay on the couch, whining, "Matt, stop crying, I'll call one of the doctors I know, they'll fix you right up and they won't make me pay a dime, just calm down," Matt bit his lip, looking up at Mello expectantly. Mello gave a frustrated sigh, pulling out his cell phone, dialing the number, "Hello?" "Hey Joe, Matty here got shot in the leg by a cop, get your a*s over here and help him," "Yea whatever Mello," Joe hung up. Mello sighed, closing his phone. Mello sat down in the chair on the other side of the living room, his eyes locking with Matt as they stared at one another.


A knock on a door averted both their gazes. How long had they been stuck just staring at one another? Oh well. Mello pushed up with his arms, standing up and making his way to the door. He opened it, pleased to see Joe with his medical supplies. Mello opened the door wider, letting the larger man inside. He closed the door, locking it behind him as he made his way over to join them. Joe didn't say a word as he nudged Matt, raising a brow. Matt gave a groan, nodding. Joe pulled down his pants, throwing the bloody jeans aside. Mello didn't know how red his or Matt's face turned when that happened, though Matt was in boxers, Mello had never seen Matt like this, and he knew it was a lot more awkward for an older man to be staring at him than a guy his age. 

Joe dipped a cotton ball in some alcohol, dabbing it against the wound. Matt let out a pained whined, his nails digging into the couch. Mello clapsed his hands over his mouth, running to his bedroom, ignoring Matt's painful pleas for him to stay.


Mello sit on his bed, rocking back in forth, his lip quivering. Matt's pained cried were bothering him and the constant, "F**k stop it! I don't care just get the god damn bullet out!" drove him insane. Joe must be working on pulling it out by now. There was silence. Mello blinked, jumping up as he heard a loud knock on his door. He stood up, shakily walking over to the door handle and turning it. Joe nodded to him, holding out a hand towards Matt, "He passed out at the last minute, but it's done. He should recover soon, I applied some medicine to his wound and wrapped it up, just make sure he doesn't do too much for the next week," Mello nodded, "Thanks, Joe. You know where the door is." Joe rolled his eyes, "No problem Mello," before walking out. When the door closed shut, Mello walked over to the passed out Matt, gently drawing a hand across the hair that covered his face, revealing the surprisingly peaceful face. He walked to the other side of the couch, picking up the blanket that Matt had thrown off when he woke up, gently putting it around the sleeping boy. Mello gave a sigh, walking back to his room.


© 2012 terminallyScorpio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on July 22, 2012


Author

terminallyScorpio
terminallyScorpio

Palm Coast, FL



About
I am 13 years old and an amateur writer. I enjoy typing up stories for than actual writing seeing I have horrid hand-writing. I take part in multiple RPs and enjoy going to school. I currently work as.. more..

Writing