Sometimes

Sometimes

A Poem by TamiViolet

 

 

My friend, I held you in the highest regard

No one could replace you

 

You were larger than life although those

words echo...

 

Yes, I have whispered them in a past time

when the World was green with prospects

 

My fault...

 

I burn bridges too soon

Say goodbye too hastily

Not realizing...

 

We all have issues.

The World wasn't created for my happiness.

 

I just thought you and I were unbreakable.

Childish, yes?

 

We all break at some point, losing interest.

 

My friend...

 

How you have disappointed me, and I must

now accept that you were simply...

 

Unavailable.

 

 

 

© 2008 TamiViolet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It doesn't make things better when we find out for ourselves the reasons. I enjoyed this poem. I found it simplistic but yet it packed some punch. We all have been hurt or disappointed by someone we felt deeply about and enjoyed there presence. Family and friends are really the only one that can hurt you. Great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Truly sad words.. the letting go of someone so dear.. someone you shared experiences with.. life with.. dreams with.. What a deep expression of friendship... what is can be.. and what it too often drifts into. Beautifully shared.. Came by to read again and was moved...


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem content most probably has touched each and everyone of us at one time or another. You write with such great flow and feeling, I truly enjoyed reading it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

mmmmmm Have been here before for certain,very powerful write my dear.
I have always found that if I value the time I have with someone it was better than never have been able to spend that time with them.A double edge sword comes form being thankful and also being hurt by the actions of friends. I think o fall the words and laughs,tears that had been shared and opinions that I valued and trusted were not real but the realization that the time was valued and was meant for that time and that time alone. I also ask if I have looked at their personal issues that may be affecting them. Am I being the friend who does not look a their lives and know they are not perfect either and may have something they need me for? I am getting mad at them for being unavailable ....thinking how could they after all we have been through? should I be there for them now leaving my own to worry about later or is mine more important than them what is the real situation here?
Everyone comes into our lives for a reason some short times some long times but it is when it is needed and some are not forever but only moments in the ghosts of the past. I liked the lines here the most as they were profoundly wonderful in their truth:I burn bridges too soon

Say goodbye too hastily

Not realizing...



We all have issues.

The World wasn't created for my happiness.

Thanks for sharing my dear friend!
Lasla

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice written, I lost lot of friends, yes sometimes the other side lose interest , but real friendship last forever, maybe change its form but , when you love someone , you will always habe a little sweet place in your heart :-) Yossi

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

apollonia,

not your normal poem, but very heartfelt... this poem is filled with pain yet understanding. You are most certianly right, sometimes, we are so busy with our lives that we are unavailable. or emotionally unavailable as well, sometimes, we must remember to be paitent and find out the true reasons instead of acting hastily.

this poem speaks volumes of your matuirty darling..

much love n' respect

-Lalli

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aw man; yea this was a sad one :( When we are so very occupied or overwhelmed in our lives, we tend to drift away and forget or lose interest in things that meant so much to us in the past. And trying to jump-start something that has been lying unawake for so long; it may take some time for it to come back alive again. A very deep and moving poem. Wonderful work :)

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I relate to this poem lol. Yet many people do.

"We all have issues.

The World wasn't created for my happiness."

I like those lines, they somehow not only apply to me but to everyone.

D

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ah yes, i know this feeling well :( ...having recently lost my best friend to events and circumstances that were both our faults...and it is quite true that it doesn't make it any better that when we find the reasons why. things and people change...we grow apart. it is always sad and disappointing, to say the least.

good write, dear :)

A xox

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I understand where this poem is coming from. I know I finally got tired of reaching out, it felt like a one-sided conversation so I dropped it in the end. After the second incident like that later in life I began to regard friendships as transitory. Here for a time, gone the next. I know it's a bit pessimistic, but I have yet to be proven wrong.

Of course in my instance I think the friendship ended when I stopped observing the same religion. Seemed strange to me that I would be cast out of the friensdship for that. But some folks live in the black and white world I suppose. No color--blah!

Nice write!
Mark

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1185 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2008
Last Updated on December 1, 2008

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


still still

A Poem by TamiViolet