The White House

The White House

A Chapter by Apple Newhouse

   It was a cool day,the sky was covered in grey. In the car were three children, Takota age 12 who was tall and then with mid-length brown hair and green eyes,Warren age 11 who was tall had brown eyes with blonde hair that grew past his eye brows and touched his black reclangle framed glasses,and Cassidy age 9 who had short brown hair and was short with freakles under her big brown eyes.

   They were once again being taken to an unknown relative. Their mother was always leaving them off with unknown or hardly known relatives for months on end. She would take off and do her thing while the kids looked out for themselves with relatives who just tolerated them. The last time they were left with their mothers cousin who was too busy with her life for kids.

     They had finally turned onto a dirt covered road, and pulled up to an old white house. The house had needed a new paint job,weeds were growing at the edge of the porch,along the the road and front of the property. Their mom opened the door to get out looking at the kids saying "lets go." All the kids got out and followed their mom up to the porch,she opened the screen door to knock. after knocking for a minute there was no answer obviously whoever lived there was not home. "wait here!" their mom said stepping down off the porch. Takot and Warren sat at the second step and Cassidy sat at the bottom step looking at their mom as she light a cigarett, saying "ya'll wait here,ya hear!" Cassidy shook her head yes as Takota glared at her mother with discust. Warren just pulled out his Science magazine from his pocket he had rolled up. "Now I gotta go." Their mom said flipping her unwashed blonde hair back walking back to the car. She looked up at her kids while opening the car door, she got in slamming the door shut and drove off. Leaving nothing but a cloud of dust.

    Cassidy looked up at Warren and Takota she said

 "what are we gonna do?"

Takota replied "wait here I guess." resting her head in her hand. Warren just stared down at his magazine without saying a word.

  



© 2011 Apple Newhouse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011


Author

Apple Newhouse
Apple Newhouse

My Dreams, CA



About
~about me~ I have changed so much,I am like seasons always changing,like the tides always changing. I am like a butterfly free and interesting to watch. .. more..

Writing