Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by AraOnFireXXi

Chapter Three

Dexter went to school early with his best friend, Daniel Seth Anderson. There is a special event today called "The Iron Fist". This is a tournament to know who the toughest student in school is. Only the top 24 are allowed to join and they were part of it. They both write their names up in the registration area and went to the cafeteria to about random stuffs.

"Bro, why were you absent yesterday? You missed the fun" Dexter said

"Why? What happened? Aside from you being in trouble?" Seth asked

"You're not going to believe who joined the party"

"Who did?"

"Sarah Jo Stryker"
Seth raised his eyeglasses up "Sarah Jo Stryker? You got to be kidding be bro, that's so impossible"

"I told you, you wouldn't believe me, but yeah, she did"

"Wow. What a woman. I wish I was there"

"She's so amazing; she left Principal Powers almost speechless"

"Oh, I see. By the way, what happened to your face?"

"Don't ask me, ask my dad. He's the one who did this and you know the reason why"

Seth didn't say anything anymore. He drunk his juice and continued eating his breakfast.

Sarah Jo was on her way to school, when suddenly, a car hit her. She got a scratch on her elbows. The owner of the car got out to apologize. It was Hugh Scott.

"I'm sorry, are you hurt?" Hugh said

"No, just a scratch sir. I'm fine" Sarah Jo said

"Are you sure? I'll take you to the hospital if you want to"

"No sir it's okay. I was just on my way to school"

"Perhaps, I'll give you a ride. You're from The Rua Institute of combat, my son studies there too"

"Very well sir."

Sarah Jo went inside Hugh's vehicle. She looked at him; she's wondering why this man was being so nice to her. She remained silent until they reached school.

"We're here."

"Thanks for the ride sir. By the way, I'm Sarah Jo Stryker."

"I'm Hugh Scott. You must be Joseph's daughter"

"Yeah. How did you know? You must be Dexter's father"

"His a friend of mine, I'll just tell him what happened and you're right, I'm his father. Please tell him to do well in the tournament today"

"What a small world. I'll give him your message. Goodbye"

"Take care"

Sarah Jo entered the campus and signed up for the tournament. As she writes her name down, anxiety filled her whole body. She's nervous about who would be her opponent. After that, she went to the cafeteria and saw Dexter with a guy who wears eye glasses with a brown hair. She went near them. Dexter introduced Seth to her. Seth gave her a high five and smiled at her.

"You look like someone I met a long time ago, Seth" Sarah Jo said

"A lot of people say that to me" Seth said

"No, I mean, that someone saved my life. I just forgot his name" Sarah Jo said

"That can't be me. Ha-ha. I don't go out too often, but it's a pleasure to meet you" Seth said

"Anyway, are you guys prepared for the tournament?" Sarah Jo asked

Dexter and Seth shook their heads.

"That's great. By the way, I met your father Dex, he was so kind. He said that you need to do well in the tournament. And, what happened to your face?" Sarah Jo said

"OH, this? I bumped somewhere and did my dad really say that?" Dexter said

"Yes he did. You're lucky to have a father like him" Sarah Jo said

The bell rang, it's a sign that the tournament was about to begin. They fall in line and went to the Arena. The students who are not participating are already there. They are cheering for the participants. This made Sarah Jo feel so nervous than a while ago. There are twenty four of them. Only four would be in the finals and one would be hailed as the champion.

 

Principal Powers speak in front. She explained the mechanics and rules of the tournament. And wished them a good luck

"One last thing, you are not allowed to use any superpowers, if ever you have one. This is Iron Fist. This is about your physical strength"

The tournament's system is random. No one will have a clue on which their opponents will be. The two large screens in front of them will tell who. As the pictures of the students flash through the screen, everyone gets excited.

"Now, for the first match" The game master pushed the stop button and it was Dexter Scott VS. Josh Brocken, The guy from the other class. Dexter stood up and proceed to the Arena while his in there, he's looking at Sarah Jo to have some inspiration. 3….2….1. *Ding* Josh attacked Dexter first, he kicked his abdomen with his break dancing moves and Dexter was on the floor. The crowd has gone wild, Dexter stood up he tried to punch Josh but he didn't hit him.

"Come on dude, don't be so lame. This is Iron Fist" Josh boastfully said

Josh punched Dexter's face one more time. Dexter looked at the audience, he's losing. He's thinking of giving up, just then, he saw Sarah Jo cheering for him and telling him to stand up and fight. He cracked his neck and said "Don't you dare call me lame" He charged towards Josh and gave him a power punch followed by series of painful kicks, he knocked Josh Down. The crowd wailed and he was declared the winner for the first match.

 

As the tournament goes on, Seth was on the fifth match battling a girl from the other class who has a surname that was so hard to pronounce. He won but he had a hard time, the girl was so good, she has a great fighting style. The last match was for Sarah Jo and Drina. This what everyone is waiting for. The two wildest girls in school in one match, this would be a blast, the audience thought so. As Sarah Jo and Drina stepped on the arena, the screams and wails of the crowd became louder.

 

Drina charged towards Sarah Jo but she was able to withstand her. She punched Drina's face. Drina became furious, she fought back. With an exchange of punching and kicking, the crowd became so excited. Some are cheering for Sarah Jo and some are for Drina. Then Drina Tripped Sarah Jo, she became so furious and she wanted to win already, she used her powers. This caught the attention of the Game masters. They took action and stopped the fight. Drina was automatically disqualified for the finals for violating the rules. This made her angrier at Sarah Jo.

 

Dexter and Seth came to see Sarah Jo and asked if she's okay. She nodded her head as if nothing hurts in her body.

"Hey, are you sure you want to continue to fight?" Dexter asked

"If you can still breathe, you can still fight." Sarah Jo Replied

"But, how did you feel while fighting Drina?" Dexter said

"I don't know, but all I can feel is that she hates me" Sarah Jo said

"She hates you because you're better than her even if you don't have any super powers" Seth said

"I see. I think, with what happened a while ago made her angrier" Sarah Jo said

"You bet" Seth said

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Joseph Anthony Davis-Stryker is the toughest detective in EAGLES. His gun is always ready to protect anyone. He solved a lot of cases ever since he started working. A lot of his colleagues want to be like him. His partner is Tibalt Mihama.

12:21 PM, The chief called him for a case. Gang FPM has done it again. They ambushed a bank and they stole a huge amount of money. He was instructed to spoil their plans and to recover the big amount of money.

"Stryker, they are not your ordinary criminals, they cannot be bound in cuffs. They will escape for sure; I'm giving you this case because I believe that you can defeat them. Just be very careful. I'm counting on you, now go!"

Joseph did not waste any second. He rode his motorcycle and went to the hide out of Gang FPM. Hugh Scott tracked them, their hide out is in Liberty Avenue. When he got there, he was surprised when he saw his partner, Tibalt Mihama with them. Tibalt told the gang about the strategy of EAGLES, that's why they cannot be defeated. Joseph quickly gave a sign for the police officers to come. In a matter of minutes they arrived. The Gang FPM was prepared for that. The exchanged bullets with the police officers, they won't surrender. Joseph saw how strategic the Gang is; a lot of police officers risked their lives just to capture them. Joseph began to think of a brilliant plan. He saw a water tank and he shot it with his pistol, the place was flooded with water, then he grabbed his Stun gun and placed it on the ground, he pulled the trigger. Everyone was paralyzed. They were all unconscious aside from him. It was another job well done.

Chief George Walker arrived. He congratulated Stryker. Joseph told him that Mihama is the reason why the Gang FPM cannot be defeated. With Tibalt hearing that, he grabbed a gun from one of the officers, he pointed it to the chief and released a bullet. Joseph intervened. He got shot in his arms. The police officers surrounded Mihama to stop him.

"Stryker, you saved my life."

"Chief, that’s an order"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The tournament is getting hotter, everyone was so clueless about who the champion would be. Just then, the game masters announced the names of the Big Four who will be entering the finals. It was Dexter Scott, Sarah Jo Stryker, Penelope Marquerie and Mark Monroe. Seth got knocked out with his match with Mark that's why he didn't make it to the finals.

"So here's how it goes. The four of you in one match, the last remaining contender wins"

They went in the middle of the Arena, as the countdown begins, everyone gets excited. Sarah Jo looked at Dexter and smiled at him to say good luck. And the bell rang. Penelope charged towards Sarah Jo and so did Mark towards Dexter. The match was so in rage, everyone can't wait to see what's next. Then Penelope dragged Sarah Jo on the arena and gave a series of punches. She could hardly move her body is trembling.

"Come on Stryker, Give up" Penelope said

She didn't say a word. She stood up and gave her most powerful kick to Penelope which blew her on the other edge of the Arena. -- Penelope was out of the game. Mark was distracted with what happened, this gave Dexter an advantage to win over him. He did the stunt kick and banged his face on to his face, he knocked Mark out. For a moment, they stopped, looked at each other and continued the fight. She staggered back when he slammed his fist in to her shoulder. He was on her back, and wrapped his arms around her neck. Sarah Jo was breathing so slowly which made her more desperate not to lose.

"As you said a while ago, if you can still breathe, you can still fight. I know that the match won't end like this" Dexter said

She smiled and said "Of course it won't"

She grabbed his left arm and flipped him in the floor. The game masters announced that the winner for the Iron Fist Tournament is Sarah Jo Stryker. Before she went in front, she extended her hand so that she could help Dexter stand up, but he grabbed her and she fell on top of him.

"You win, Thanks for the match" Dexter said

"Why did you do that?" Sarah Jo asked

"To congratulate you face to face, okay, let's stand up now. You're kinda heavy" Dexter said

The game masters went to the Arena to give her the medal. Everyone cheered for her. Dexter sat beside Seth and gave him a high five

"Bro, what a woman. She's so amazing" Dexter said

"She really is. I hope I’m speechless" Seth said

Sarah Jo waved at everybody; she was so overwhelmed that she won the tournament. She looked around and saw the faces of the audience, who was cheering and happy for her victory.



© 2012 AraOnFireXXi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on October 22, 2012
Last Updated on October 22, 2012


Author

AraOnFireXXi
AraOnFireXXi

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines



About
Ara A. Here. Known as "Nadia Ford" (My Pen Name). So yeah, I hope you like the stories that I'm gonna post here. I love Action,horror,romance and adventure. My stories are based on my imagination,.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by AraOnFireXXi


Elapse Elapse

A Book by AraOnFireXXi