Duh!

Duh!

A Poem by Cercatore

"Let us play the 'test your new bed game'," the young girl pushed one of her uncle's leg playfully.

"Sure! Kid, try this one," he picked her up and pointed to one of the beds.

She jumped out of her uncle's arms and landed herself on this new bed. Then, she jumped up and down on the bed and laughed heartily. "It is so soft and bouncy," she screamed at her uncle as she felt that he was more willing to listen to her now that she was being a complete moron.

"OK! Kiddo, now let us try the second bed, which is in the other room. You may sleep on the one you like, my sweet child," he laughed slowly as he took an ice cream out of the fridge.

"Cool! I want to test the second bed while you wait next to me," she laughed and ran to the other bed.

"Sure! Feel free to take all the springs out," he dared her further as he licked his ice cream.

Feeling encouraged, she started jumping on the second bed and eventually got her foot stuck in the frame while her uncle was busy watching TV.

"Where is justice in this uncle?" she screamed like a helpless rabbit.

"Oh s**t! What happened?" he turned around and then started laughing at this funny sight. "It's your fault kid. You have to learn to take some responsibility of your actions," he teased her further as he finished his ice cream.

"You started this game, uncle," she exclaimed as he tried to pull her tiny foot out of the frame.

"I did not started this at all. It was all your idea, chipmunk!" He played her further as he picked her up and then directed her to the other bed. "Take this one for tonight," he sighed in a stressed tone.

"But, I like the other one," she pointed at his chest stubbornly and in a spoiled manner.

"I really do not know how to make her forget about this one. She is going to get her foot stuck again, and I won't even know about it," he thought as he chose to distract her with some ice cream.

As she felt that her uncle really wanted the other bed for himself, she finally gave up. "OK! You may have it. I know you are so tired from eating this ice cream, which is a very difficult task. Don't cry, uncle. I will sleep in the room without TV," she kissed him on his chubby cheek as he tucked her in her bed.

© 2016 Cercatore


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on May 25, 2016
Last Updated on May 25, 2016

Author

Cercatore
Cercatore

Canada



About
Hello Everyone, I have dedicated this website to pursue English prose and literature. My written work is a means of literary experimentation. I will be posting my short stories, philosophy reports.. more..

Writing
Tango Tango

A Story by Cercatore