The Singing Soul

The Singing Soul

A Story by Cercatore

Note: This story is based on one of my lucid dreams that I had several years ago. I had a clear feeling of telepathic communication during this dream, and I strongly felt that such a male existed somewhere. This dream is the reason why I wonder if souls get older.

The young boy tore through the threads of the universe and landed himself outside her window. She was fast asleep and strongly aware of this male presence. Through closed eyes, she examined this young shadowy figure for sincerity. His head was bowed and he stood there listening to her breathing, vibrance, and laughter that echoed around her body.

"She is so beautiful. It was great idea to leave the party to see her," he thought as he continued to sense her.

"What does he need?" she wondered as she realized that he was falling in love with her and was scared of approaching her.

This black figure kept radiating some sort of friendly energy that dissolved through the window and became a part of her. Unlike some other spirits she had met, he was not flitting around restlessly but almost paralyzed in a trance. To please her further, he started singing a foreign rhythm that translated in her mind as words: "The party was good. There were lots of people there and everyone had lots of fun. I had fun too and everyone wanted to stay there really late. But, then I decided to come and see you."

She slowly smiled at him as she realized that his tune was somehow filled with loneliness despite the songs of parties and life. He smiled contently as he heard laughter erupting from her.

"Yes! she likes my rhythms," he told himself as he decided to become part of the universe again but felt trapped by her presence. Thus, he could not tap out.

© 2016 Cercatore


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on May 25, 2016
Last Updated on May 25, 2016

Author

Cercatore
Cercatore

Canada



About
Hello Everyone, I have dedicated this website to pursue English prose and literature. My written work is a means of literary experimentation. I will be posting my short stories, philosophy reports.. more..

Writing
Tango Tango

A Story by Cercatore


Duh! Duh!

A Poem by Cercatore