Payphone Hearts with a Stereo on top

Payphone Hearts with a Stereo on top

A Chapter by Victor Cartel
"

Based on the songs Payphone [Maroon 5] and Stereo Hearts [Gym Class Heros ft. Adam L.]

"
My world is small.  It consists of what I let inside, and the rest of it is just seen through fogged glass.  It's really hard for me to fit everything of my world in because of this, and I certainly have difficulties sorting through what's worth keeping, what has to go, and what's ok to linger outside for a little while as I set things straight.  I recently had to do a sort of "Spring Cleaning" thing, and pretty much kicked everything in my world out.  There was one thing that I practically had to keep, though, and that was my stereo.

My world is small.  It's hardly big enough for me to stand in with another person, so letting people into my world is certainly a big decision.  When I let you in the first time, I was really scared that you'd get irritated by the cramped quarters, but was relieved when you just smiled and put my stereo on the wall where the phone goes.  I never thought that you'd have helped me make more space in my world, and I was glad of it since my feelings grew and needed a little bit of elbow room.  For the first time, I clicked play for you, and we titled the song "ours."

My world is small.  It was totally an accident.  We were frustrated at the outside world, so frustrated in fact that we took it out on each other.  The guy standing outside my window really didn't matter in retrospect.  It wasn't until you used the stereo like a rock to try and break your way out of my world that I realized how little he really mattered.

My world is small.  In that case, fixing it should have been totally easy, right?  It should have just been picking up the pieces and putting them where they belong right?  Wrong.  The red steel that encompasses the entirety of the world strongly, strongly enough to keep it from toppling down on me, but the glass windows are fragile, and the fact that you used my very essence to break them down truly hurt me.

My world is small.  So I suppose picking up the pieces themselves weren't that hard.  It was putting them back that was difficult.  A small world means little amounts of resources.  It took me many tries to get it to balance enough not to fall apart on me, but one wrong move and the whole thing will come crashing down again.

My world is small.  But with you in it, I was glad to have gotten so close.  You meant the world to me, you were what kept my world from completely caving in, you're the reinforced steel the walls needed.  I was nothing but the fragile glass.

My world is small.  Yours isn't that small, though, and you even had enough supplies to close the hole without letting in a draft.  I was excited, so excited I smiled for once and simply dusted off the stereo that is my heart, then held it up to you.  I would be beyond happy if you'd take it again, but if you don't I understand that it's for the better right now.  I trust your judgement, and more than that I appreciate your hesitation - it means you care.

My heart's a stereo, and it only beats for you.  While I'm at a payphone, trying to call home, I'll make sure to only play songs for you.


© 2012 Victor Cartel


Author's Note

Victor Cartel
PICTURE NOT MINE.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on July 14, 2012
Last Updated on July 14, 2012


Author

Victor Cartel
Victor Cartel

Westminster, CO



About
Check the about me page on my website, Ashira's Notebook, for an extensive survey about myself. more..

Writing
4/1/13 4/1/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel


4/2/13 4/2/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel


4/3/13 4/3/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel