Cover Letter + Revision Plans

Cover Letter + Revision Plans

A Chapter by Victor Cartel
"

Because I did NaNoWriMo as a school project, I had to write a cover letter and lay out some revision plans as part of the project. Here they are for anyone interested

"

COVER LETTER

                With my NaNoWriMo I was hoping to accomplish the creation of my own Greek Myth.  I think my notes did a better job at sticking to the Greek Myth part, and that my mind decided it was going to make my story veer off a bit.  It's ok, though, because without that my story would be kinda boring and gotten nowhere on an emotional level.  Also, it helped me accomplish my goal of making my story a bit twisted.

                My favorite part of this story, the part I think I wrote best, was for Chapter 3: Soft Spoken Last Words.  I loved the idea I had of putting a special poem in there for Ambrosia and her twin, Alexander.  I also think the poem was well written and doesn't need much editing + revision, if any.

                Speaking of parts of my story, I wrote my story in parts that were kinda random.  Like...in the middle of my story I randomly had some notes about what my plans were for her 3 tasks and what would happen with those.  I never got to writing those in story form, but at least I have some notes.

                The part where Ambrosia figures out she has a demon in her head is going to be strange for me to put in because I don't know where it'll be, but it has to be in there or the part between Rayne and Ambrosia makes no sense.

                I'm excited to finish this book even though I couldn't for NaNoWriMo because I think it was coming along ok and the pieces would fit in the puzzle once I got it done.  NaNoWriMo was just hard to do because I had high expectations for myself but not nearly enough time to reach them.

                I plan to do NaNoWriMo next year too.  It was fun!

 

REVISION PLANS

                First off, I plan to read through the story and make all the awkward parts either make sense or get rid of them all together.  By awkward parts, I mean the parts that were thrown in the story for the purpose of more words and not the better of the book.

                Then when I'm done and only have things that should make sense, I'll read through it all the way.  As I read through I'll make obvious editorial changes, but mostly I'll be working on finding a voice for each character and making them stick to it.  Every person talks their own special way that gives them a voice in the world.  My characters deserve voices of their own and not just in the beginning of the story but throughout it as well.

                Thirdly I'll be working on more writing.  I have a few bits and pieces to my story that need to match up.  I mean, I kinda have to attach that end sequence to the rest of my story!  I guess that really just means that I'll be writing the rest of my story.

                After that, there's not much else to do besides editing.  I also have to make the end of the story make sense because it's not from Ambrosia's point of view like the rest of the story...or maybe I just need the rest of the story to make sense?  Ha, no I'll fix the end.

                When I'm all done fixing it up I plan on getting it published and maybe sold too!  I'm really excited to start my writing career, and this book is going to begin it!



© 2011 Victor Cartel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on February 27, 2011


Author

Victor Cartel
Victor Cartel

Westminster, CO



About
Check the about me page on my website, Ashira's Notebook, for an extensive survey about myself. more..

Writing
4/1/13 4/1/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel


4/2/13 4/2/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel


4/3/13 4/3/13

A Chapter by Victor Cartel