Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ashli Nicole

                I couldn’t take it any longer. The suspense was just too much for me. I lifted my shaky fingers to the door knob- knowing that I was forbidden to enter- I turned the knob, the door creaking open slowly under my touch. My first night here, it was stressed that I was not to enter this room for any reason; but that only triggered my curiosity even further. My mind went over the millions of possibilities of the room’s content, Once I gathered up the courage, I decided to take a look; just to settle my mind. I had to wait till the dead of night… once I knew that they were all out of the house on one of their many ‘trips’.   

Once the door was opened just enough for me to step inside, I lifted my right hand to feel around the side wall for the light switch. My fingers search with no avail, so I went on without light. I couldn’t see anything, it was pitch black.  I took a shaky step forward, opening my eyes wide and trying to let them adjust to the dark. The floor cracked underneath my foot, and I froze. Sure, it was silly to be so terrified that they would catch me here when they weren’t even in the house, but I was paranoid to say the least. My eyes started to make out shapes in the room… and I gasped with horror when I noticed what I was staring at. My free hand flew up to my mouth, covering any sounds that might wake the dark figure. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t breath. My mind was screaming at me to run, but my body wasn’t paying any attention. I was trapped by my own fear. At that moment I understood why I wasn’t aloud to enter…

It was for my own safety, rather than to keep some secret from me.

 



© 2008 Ashli Nicole


Author's Note

Ashli Nicole
Eh? Hit me with your best shot. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

164 Views
Added on September 19, 2008


Author

Ashli Nicole
Ashli Nicole

J-Town, AL



About
I'm Ashli. I'm entirely too complex for words; so I won't bore you. :) "Whisper it once just a little bit, come on, whisper it twice. I can't stand to see the spot light shine one more night, it's .. more..

Writing