A Traveler (Posted: April 1, 2021)

A Traveler (Posted: April 1, 2021)

A Story by Audie G. Couch
"

This is a very short story, but creative. I hope those who read it enjoy it.

"

Weary from the path behind her; a path that seemed to stretch far into the horizon, she still urged herself forward. On and on she went, one foot in front of another, for several days and nights. To meet? Meet?....someone, one she could not picture, could not name. An unknown force, a cosmic being. Who came to her in fragmented dreams, and waking visions, guiding her to where she did not know through places she had never been.

Yet, the invisible strings that pulled her forward knew; her body followed. She trusted the pull, the being that called to her. For there was no need to fully understand, but a need to trust. Trust that her feet would lead her to where she needed to be, a destination that was intertwined with fate. Created by roads that were already paved for her long ago.

Though many things were alluding, a comprehensible part that was untouched by the limited restraints of humanity, was the meeting of the minds she was to have with the being. A meeting that would grant both with the knowledge neither possessed. Knowledge that would provide wisdom and understanding to one another by sharing their stories. Their tales of life.

Finally, there in the distance of a vast plain, a paradise, an oasis. Moving faster now, she ran toward it, not seeing the giant statue in front; covered in various plants and vines. A worrier, a protector of the Nirvana; it’s wonders and all its secrets within. She was very close now, so close, she could imagine a moment of serenity. Then the statue started to move. The ground rumbled, and she fell to a heap before the warrior. This was the being she had come to meet. With huge eyes falling upon her, a loud, and deep voice rang out, and the being said:

“Who goes there?”

“A free soul tethered to a wandering vesicle”, the traveler replied.

“A desert flower, far from home.”

“From where, do you hail, desert flower with a free soul?

“I come from a place unknown, unseen. A land of enchantment in the South West”

With a smile, the being continued:

“Come then, eat bread, have a drink of cool water, and tell me your stories, and I shall tell you mine”. 

© 2022 Audie G. Couch


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Woah, the descriptions, the landscapes, all of it is just so beautifully written from beginning to end. I really enjoy your writing style, I think it’s unique but still classic in a way, just such a wonderful and inspiring way of writing. I’m also looking forward to reading more pieces from you!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Audie G. Couch

2 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind review. I have plenty of written work that you may read to your hearts conte.. read more
Audie G. Couch

2 Years Ago

I will be reading more of your writing too. I like it a lot.
Vertigo Cat1111

2 Years Ago

Thank you so, so much. I will be enjoying your work too!
Woah. This is truly amazing, the way you've described the being is truly a masterpiece. Indeed it's really creative, I've not read anything like this before and after reading this I'm motivated to check out your other pieces!
Looking forward to seeing more writings from you. :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


Audie G. Couch

2 Years Ago

Thanks. =-)
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
becauseshewrote

2 Years Ago

No problem. :)
Audie G. Couch

2 Years Ago

I hope to see more work from you to.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2021
Last Updated on September 20, 2022

Author

Audie G. Couch
Audie G. Couch

Albuquerque, NM



About
30 years old. I love to read, and write about all kinds of different topics. I'm a graduate from Central New Mexico Community College, and enjoy working with others. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..