Chapter 1: Trial Rest

Chapter 1: Trial Rest

A Chapter by Roze
"

Rain finally gets rest from the one week test for the inheritance, buts finds out she only has one day before school. Her family goes to the mall and she is the only one who has a good time.

"

            Today wasn’t such a bad day… I finally passed the trial yesterday… And I even have proof; it’s the bracelet I got.

            “Rain!!! It’s time to go now!” I heard my mom calling me.

            Oh yeah, I forgot. I haven’t introduced myself right? My full name is Rainfall Kamisaka, but everyone calls me Rain. I’m what you’d call a normal teenage girl except for the bright blue colored hair. I missed school for a few days just because of an inheritance test that my brother was supposed to take, but he couldn’t take it because he just couldn’t.

            “I’m coming down!” I shout back finishing my preparations.

            The house is a middle-high class home that would suit about a family of 4 and around 5 guests, each having their own room.

            Once I appeared down the stairs, my brother questioned, “What’s with the jacket, Rainfall?”

            “Could you please stop calling me by Rainfall? Everyone calls me by Rain. And I’m wearing this because of the… You know…”

            “The inheritance test, am I correct? What’s so bad about the accessory? I don’t think it’s bad at all…”

            “It spoils my image… You know us girls’ right?”

            “Yeah, yeah… Let’s proceed to the car.”

            We proceed to the car and sit down waiting for us to reach the destination.

            On the way, my brother asks me, “What did you get in the inheritance?”

            I faced my brother with a discerned look, “I don’t know fully, but I’m one hundred percent sure that I got a bracelet and a circlet. I have to wear the circlet for a few days though…”

            “Why do you have to?”

            “I don’t know… ‘They’ just said I should do it to complete the inheritance.”

            “Who’s ‘they’?”

            “Another question I don’t know the answer to. ‘They’ must be the inheritance guardians or something like that.”

            Once I said that, we’d been parked and were ready to leave. I stepped out of the car looking at the surroundings and commented, “We’re at the mall.”

            “Isn’t that obvious?” My brother commented on my comment.

            I faced my mom, “What are we doing here?”

            “I’ll answer that. We’re here to celebrate you passing the inheritance test!” My dad responded with a smile.

            The mall was being built when I started my 9th grade school year and was finished in the time frame of my inheritance test. It looked amazing from the outside and even more from the inside. It had glass floors, a glass ceiling that can be closed and more things that I couldn’t imagine possible.

            “Ooh… Can we visit that!?” I said directly to my parents, “It looks fun…”

            “You seem to be having a fun time.” My brother said.

            “Well… It’s been awhile ever since the inheritance test and it’s my first time to step foot here.” I responded.

            “This is my first time too, but I don’t feel that giddy about being here. That’s just for little kids.”

            “Hey! You take that back!”

            “Now, now… You shouldn’t do that.” My mom said to the both of us, then turned to me, “Rainfall, why do you have that hood above your head?” *Pulls my hood*

            “Hey!” I put it back on.

            “It’s okay Rain; you look beautiful with your circlet.” My mom pulls the hood down again and this time, I didn’t pull it back up.

            “Hey Rainfall, your hair is getting really long.” My brother comments about my hair.

            “Really… How long is it?” I ask.

            “About your head and jacket length, both combined.” My brother answers.

            “Your vision of long is weird. I don’t think it’s that long yet.”

            “Maybe it’s because we boys don’t grow our hair that long.”

            That day was one fun day. I got to go to places that I’ve never been to. The next day was school, which was bad news. The inheritance test was one whole week. Usually, I was told that the tests were only 2-3 days. That must mean I was special, in a bad way.

            Once I woke from my sleep, I asked my dad, “Why did my test take a whole week?”

            “Great question Rainfall, it’s because you weren’t experienced to the sword as you brother and they expected you to be experienced when you arrive at the inheritance test.” My dad responded with an assuring look.

            “Is it also because brother didn’t arrive and at the last minute I was chosen for it?” I responded with another question.

            “Yes, I had to coach you in the next few days to raise your sword skills.”

            “But then why did I have more tests then compared to a normal inheritance test?”

            “That’s because you’re the first underage person to participate in it.” My dad gave me a look that I noticed there was more to.

            “There must be more. I can tell by the look you’re giving me. I bet that wasn’t the only reason they gave me a harder time.”

            “That is correct. You were the first girl to step up and receive the inheritance. That meant ‘they’ had to make the right choice passing the inheritance to you. In the end, ‘they’ made the correct choice to give it to you.”

            “Thank you.” I turn back and start preparing for school.

            It didn’t take long to prepare; it was only breakfast, taking a shower and changing clothes.

            Once I reached school, I sat in the usual place where all 9th Graders sit. The first person to greet me from my long MIA event was Rehum, a childhood friend, “You were gone a long time.”

            Before I had the time to respond, Jewel just dropped by and said, “What happened? You missed a whole week!”

            “I’ll say it in one word, INHERITANCE.” I responded.

            By this time, Rehum started blurting out swear words (as usual,) “That’s really early! Did your parents pass away?”

            “No. I just inherited… It’s hard to explain.” I ended it like that. I didn’t think they’d believe what I had to say.

            “Come on, just tell us, please?” Jewel asked.

            “Okay, I’ll try.” I took a deep breath, “I went away at Saturday last week to participate in an inheritance ceremony which, my brother was supposed to take, but he couldn’t. So ‘they’ thought I could participate. Even though I’m a girl and underage, they just couldn’t move the date to another date or that would ruin the inheritance. So I took a series of tests to achieve the inheritance and my prize was the circlet I’m wearing and this bracelet with wings on it.”

            By the time I was done with that, the bell rang and we were to go to our classes. As I was about to go up the stairs, Jewel stopped me and said, “Didn’t you know Rain? We’re going to a Scavenge and Survival training.”

            Rehum continued, “Yeah, we volunteered you also. So let’s go to the bus stop to wait for the teacher.”

            “Hey Rehum, what’s this training about?”

            “It’s like this,” As he started his story, we got into the bus and started moving, “The first 30 minutes is scavenge, we would be released to a huge plain and find items on the list. After 30 minutes is survival. You can still scavenge, but you must be aware of who is around you. There would be 4 teams in this game. You lose survival if you are to get a fatal blow. Before the fatal blow happens, you’ll be teleported to the building.”

            “Thanks.” I turned to Jewel who was in my left side, “What do you think about the circlet?” I didn’t know what I was asking. I just thought to make a conversation.

            “It fits you, right Rehum?”

            “Yeah, yeah…” Rehum said in a bored sense of speaking.

            “Where are we going anyways?” I asked.

            “We are going to Twilight Plains. That is where the survival and scavenge will take place.” Jewel replied to me.

            As soon as a few minutes passed after she said that, we arrived at our location, Twilight Plains. It was an amazing sight, the plains was with a color of bright green, a bit of rocky terrain, and a coastline at the end.

            I couldn’t wait to be able to roam around the plain. The proctor arrived a few minutes later saying that he had a hard time getting to the place. He was a teacher that I’ve only seen, but not known. He divided us into groups; I was with Tux, Lily and Zaidem.

            “Hello.” I greeted my group mates.

            “Hello to you to.” Lily greeted back.

            Lily is a yellow haired girl who was pretty much like me, although she might have not gotten an inheritance yet.

            Arwin Zaidem is a guy that likes anime (like me,) playing games and playing around.

            Tux is a guy that stays silent every now and then, but talks when his favorite subject is up, for example, games.

            “Not a bad group. I think it’s actually pretty good.” I said.

            “Well, that group over there might win.” Lily commented.

            “Why is that? They have Rehum, Robert, Gi Ha and Jay.” I responded to the comment.

            “Didn’t you know Rain? Rehum got a hydra dragon when you were gone, Robert got his order of his Scoped AK-47, Gi Ha has his ambushing skills and Jay has his aggressiveness.” Arwin responded to my response.

            “We’re dead.” Tux said.

            “All of you! Wear this.” The teacher said giving out these bracelet things and told us to wear them, “Once the survival game has started, you can hunt each other or continue the search, but if you were to get a fatal hit, you’d be warped back here before that fatal hit happens.”

            We all decided to wear the bracelet, “I didn’t notice you were right handed, Rain.”

            “No… I do writing with my right hand and everything else with my left.” Why can’t they notice I’m ambidextrous?

            “The game will start! Ready, Set, Go!”



© 2010 Roze


Author's Note

Roze
This is a dream I had, the dream seemed detailed so I decided to write about it. Comment on what it's missing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on May 19, 2010
Last Updated on May 19, 2010


Author

Roze
Roze

Manila, Philippines



About
I thought of writing ever since I thought that I could write down whatever I imagined. Look how many 'thought' were in that sentence. more..

Writing