Chapter 2: Survive or Scavenge?

Chapter 2: Survive or Scavenge?

A Chapter by Roze
"

The game has begun! All the people start to look for items on the list while others prepare...

"

            The game has begun! As soon as the doors opened, I spread my wings and flew across the plains. “Wow!” Everyone stared in amazement.

            “Hey, I didn’t know Rain had wings. Hey Lily, you’re a close friend of Rain, so how?” Arwin asked.

            “You see, Rain comes from a line of Winged people, or Celestians.” Lily answered.

            I checked the list they handed out and looked at the top; it said that I should pick up a glittering rock that actually glitters on its own. “I see it!” I swooped down to see what I had found, but it was the 4th item on the list, a shiny pendant.

            After a while of finding things, I wondered what time it was, so I looked into the bracelet, and noticed that my members had been out of the game already. I was currently in the coastline looking for the 22nd item, a treasure trove.

            Once I found the item, Rehum, with his hydra dragon, came with his members and said, “You might be a friend of mine, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t win! You’re the only one left; let’s see what your skill! Let’s go guys!”

            “It’s not nice to attack a lone girl!” I said.

            “That might be true, but you can’t stop us from winning!” Gi Ha replied.

            After that, I started running away, getting prepared for the incoming battle. My first tactic was to get them to split and strike them down one by one.

            Split up and look for her!” Rehum shouted.

            My plan had worked; I started hunting down the aggressive one, Jay. I started by going close to him and looking like I didn’t know where he was. So he started running to me and tried to slash me, but I dodged and struck his nerves with a fatal blow.

            The next was Gi Ha with his ambushing skills. It was like Jay, getting him to pretend I didn’t know where he was.

            Third on the party member list was Robert, he had his AK-47 with him and so I knew he’d probably do a camouflage technique to lower my guard down. So I did what he’d do and hid under the rock. He tried to wait for me, but I ambushed him.

            The last was the leader Rehum; he was still on the coastline so I flew there. “What useless members I have eh? You must have skill to be able to knock all of them out without a scratch.” He gave me a smile, “Let’s get this on!”

            Rehum was the first one to strike, he lunged forward with his sword and tried to strike, but I dodged to the left and summoned a small tornado below him. “So you must have inherited the Celestian Crest.” Rehum jumped of the entrapped hydra dragon and tried to whip up a conversation in the heat of battle, “I thought it was your brother that was going to get it!” He lunged forward again, but I dodged and countered.

            “He couldn’t make it to the ceremony!” It was my turn to attack, so I threw a ball of wind. “So I had to take his place!”

            He guarded it with his sword, “I can tell you passed by the circlet and the bracelet!” He took out his Magnum Pistol and shot a few.

            I redirected the shots back at him. He got hit with them as he didn’t expect that. “This is my first time to be able to use these powers!”

            “Let’s take this to the next level! He fused with his hydra dragon and became something I didn’t expect, a normal dragon. His first move was a fire breath. I dodged it to the right but he was there and stabbed me in the stomach with a sword, “H-h-how c-c-could y-y-you?” I fell down to the ground.

            “Hey! Wasn’t that a fatal blow!? Get her out already!” Lily said.

            I felt like I heard that from my head and started standing up, “I’m alright, I can keep going…” I took out the sword, which was a painful experience.

            “L-let’s do this…” I took out my sword.

            He lunged right in front of my face, “D-d-don’t g-g-go to close!” A tornado came from my hands and fired at the point-blank range dragon. Rehum had gotten hit with a fatal blow and was teleported back.

            As soon as that happened, I fell back to the ground and was teleported back.

            I didn’t know what happened right after that, but the next thing that happened was that I was in a bed in the hospital. The room was pretty big, enough to fit a small class of 15. As soon as I woke up I said, “What happened?”

            “You sustained a fatal blow.” Lily replied.

            “This didn’t register as a fatal blow to the bracelet you were wearing.” Jewel said.

            “I’m pretty sure that wasn’t a fatal blow… It was the amount of blood I was loosing that would’ve been fatal.” I commented.

            Anthony entered the room and ran to my side, “Dude! You made us worry! You’ve been out cold for two days!”

            “I’m a girl Anthony.”

            The others dropped by with flowers and placed them by my side, “Do your best to recover Rainfall.”

            That voice… I can notice that from anywhere… “Brother?”

            “Correct, I watched that from the observation room.”

            “Sorry about the fatal blow, I was to busy thinking about winning.” Rehum said, “You’re a pretty talented girl if you ask me.”

            “Yeah, taking all of us on and winning.” Robert commented.

            “You earned us quite a lot of points there Rain.” Lily praised what I did, “It’s already reflected on your popularity on the school.”

            “Am I that popular in the school!? No way…” I paused, “What is the points system?”

            “The point system is allowed to teams who participate in the Events of the school. The more points on the team, the more the benefits the school will give to that team. In the standings, you as an individual are first. In the team standings, we are first. That’s because you won the survival game and collected the most items on the list.” Lily praised me even more.

            “What I did was just ‘a feeling.’ I didn’t do anything worth the praise.” I said modestly.

            “Well we think it is.” Arwin said.

            My stomach grumbled as the doctor came in, “I’m sorry Rainfall, you may not eat until tomorrow morning. Your stomach had sustained a fatal blow and is still fragile from the fateful event.”

            “Aw…” I replied, “I haven’t eaten in two days…”

            “Rehum!!!” Jewel shouted.

            “I’m sorry!!! Can’t you see that?” Rehum responded.

            “No, it’s okay.” I faced Jewel and Rehum, “I’m alright. It was my fault to not have anticipated going in front of him in the battle.”

            I have felt hungry, but when I don’t think about it, I don’t feel hungry. Some people left to go to their respective houses, but my teammates, Jewel, Rehum and my brother decided to attend to me.

            “Brother…” I asked.

            “What is it, Rainfall?” He responded with a concerned tone.

            “Where are mother and father?”

            “They have to attend a special meeting and said as soon as they are done, they’ll visit you.”

            I asked even more questions, but all my brother could say is that they were at a special meeting.

            “Lily, may I ask you a question?”

            “Sure, go ahead Rain.” Lily answered.

            “Why are you staying here? I understand you Lily, but I can’t understand Tux and Arwin…”

            “As a friend, I’m obliged to stay. These guys were about to leave until I called them back and said that teammates stick together.”

            “That makes sense,” I faced Jewel and Rehum, “How about you?”

            “I’m here because I’m your friend. Friends stick together!” Jewel replied.

            “I have two reasons. One, I’m your friend and two, I hurt you so I should be the one to help you recover.”

            “Thank you.”

            “Don’t thank us. You did your part. We should be the one thanking you.” Lily responded.

            After that, I went to sleep. At least I’m still alive and well. I still don’t think that was a fatal blow after all that reasoning. The only thing I can think of is eating food the next day.

            When I woke up, everyone was up and doing their own things, even though I should be asking for food, the first thing I asked was, “Shouldn’t you be going to school?”

            “We were excused just to attend to you Rain.” Jewel responded.

            “Then where are you going?” Jewel looked like she was going somewhere, definitely not school though.

            “I’m going to the supermarket, to get supplies to make food.” Jewel paused putting her socks on, “I’m cooking for tonight.”

            “I can cook.” I suggested.

            “You can’t cook in your current state; just leave everything to us for the while.” Jewel responded.

            After Jewel left the room, I faced Arwin, “Can you please get the tray of food that the hospital left for me?”

            It seemed that Arwin refused and said, “Why don’t you get it?” in a joke-like tone.

            “Arwin, that is not like a man to refuse a girl’s request.” Lily commanded Arwin to get the tray of food and take to me.

            As far as I know, all we did was watch TV all the day until Jewel arrived with the food for dinner. She didn’t know much how to cook, so I thought to do something for her.



© 2010 Roze


Author's Note

Roze
Please tell me what is wrong with the chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on May 19, 2010
Last Updated on May 19, 2010


Author

Roze
Roze

Manila, Philippines



About
I thought of writing ever since I thought that I could write down whatever I imagined. Look how many 'thought' were in that sentence. more..

Writing