Chapter 1: The Awakening

Chapter 1: The Awakening

A Chapter by Roze
"

Auron is stressed by not being able to sleep at night, and even worse, at class. He tries to find out the meaning of this, by meeting up with his friends and preparing to go to the library.

"

            This time I couldn’t sleep. I opened my eyes and could never get them to back to their normal, rest position. In the next day, I felt like I slept for 8 hours, which wasn’t much to me because of my habit of sleeping at school. I thought it was a pretty nice thing getting up early considering I’m always tardy to class because of oversleeping.

            “Hmm… What’s breakfast? I’m starving…” I said.

            “Can you keep quiet for awhile!? I’m trying to listen.” My sister replied in a cranky type of voice.

            I thought of asking her again, but the show ended and I just kept quiet. I just followed her to the kitchen and watched her cook. There, I got the courage to say something. “What was that about?”

            “Something about the school, I’m not sure what it was all about, but I think I can deduct that some kind of meteor landed a few kilometers from school and a few rock chunks have land there.”

            “Yes! Now I have a lot of sleep! I knew this day would---”

            “Just hurry up and eat!” She replied as if she didn’t want to hear the rest of the sentence.

            I kept eating and kept silent. That day, the school didn’t close, and we still had to go to school. When I arrived to school, I got a message that I wouldn’t hear commonly, “Hey Auron, some people say that this is the end of the world.”

            “Ha ha ha… Are you kidding? I thought this would be the end of the school!” I replied.

            “Now that’s just mean! You know that without the school---” My friend said.

            “--we won’t have a future, blah blah blah…” I continued.

            My friend faced me, “But you know Lilianne is correct though.”

            These two are my friends since I was in elementary; they help me in my homework and all the school stuff that I have to do.

            I thought of having a comeback but the teacher stepped in. “Time for my daily nap…” I thought. I tried to sleep but the subject of today got me enthralled for the first time of school. Although I wanted to sleep, I couldn’t get some shut-eye no matter what. As time passed by, the more I tried to get some sleep. “Must be because of the news today,” I thought.

            It was lunch, and me and my friends went to where we usually eat lunch; the rooftop.

            “Hey Auron, you didn’t sleep awhile ago. When you don’t sleep, something must be up.” My friend said.

            “I think so too Kai, usually I can sleep… I think it’s the news this morning.” I replied with a depressed tone.

            “Oh, you mean the meteor thing?” Lilianne joined the conversation.

            “I guess.” I replied.

            We finished up our lunches and started to head to our next class. I tried sleeping again, but no luck, I couldn’t get some shut-eye.

 

--Later That Day--

 

            “Hey, let’s go to the library,” I suggested to my friends.

            “That’s scarce of you, there MUST be something wrong.” Kai said.

            “It must be why you couldn’t sleep and that meteor thing right?” Lilianne saw straight through me.

            “Yeah… I want to know the bottom of this and want to get some shut-eye once and again.”



© 2010 Roze


Author's Note

Roze
Please tell me if you have any suggestions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on February 15, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010
Tags: Ragnarok


Author

Roze
Roze

Manila, Philippines



About
I thought of writing ever since I thought that I could write down whatever I imagined. Look how many 'thought' were in that sentence. more..

Writing