Chapter 6: Spectre

Chapter 6: Spectre

A Chapter by Roze
"

How do people ignore specters? To me, their presence is too strong to ignore. That wouldn't be neat if you were trying to ignore a specter.

"

--Next Day: June 18th--

 

I looked around for the specter at around 5:30 AM so I can try to communicate with it. I sensed it in the hallway and started to run after it. It tired me out till the outside of the hospital and what’s worse, it kept running even more. I had to follow it to see what it’s up to and the same time find out the meaning of this. The specter is hard to lose; it gave of a large feeling every time you were near to one.

I kept following it to places, even I didn’t know of, till now. I ended up in front of a tall, old building, which seemed like it flourished once and then it had a financial crisis and closed. “Such a sad thing to happen, I would’ve liked to visit this when it was flourishing.”

Although I couldn’t have any more time wasted, as the specter kept going on. I couldn’t see the point what it’d be doing here. So I followed it to a stairway that was there, when I reached the top, in a lookout-like room, was the specter and this weird portal-like thing. I thought the specter might have led me here for me to go in the portal. I hand gestured that I’d be right back.

As I started going back, I noticed that this time, the specter was following me. I had to ignore the strong presence within it and proceed back. When I did get back, it was around 6:30 AM. I said that we should investigate the place the specter told about.

“The specter did what?” Lilianne asked.

“Showed me this neat, cool place to go to and check.” I said.

“But I can’t go…” Kai said in distress.

“Don’t worry; we won’t go till you’re in good condition. I decided that that would be the first thing we’d do together when you’re out.”

“Thanks.”

I thought of preparing ahead of time, to be sure. I went home for dinner and asked, “Can I take a cross-country trip around the world for school?”

I thought she’d never buy this reason, but then again, I know her that much that she will believe anything I’d say, “Sure, as long as it’s for school! I’m okay with it, just be careful though!”

I knew her carefree personality was a good thing she was born with. Once I reached the board, another paper got my interest, yet again. This time, it said that “the government is keeping secrets.” I thought that this one was close to unraveling the truth behind the case.

Once I arrived at the room, I saw something that seemed of on Kai and Lilianne’s faces; a mindless zombie kind of look. I sensed hypnotism on the television and had to snap in front of their faces for them to get out of the hypnotism. “What’s wrong!?”

“Huh? What? I-I mean, the nurse said that Kai could go out by tomorrow and also said that we’d be happier if the television was on.” Lilianne answered.

“This seems to all be piling up.” I said to myself.

“How is it?” Kai asked.

“I picked up a notice saying that “the government is keeping secrets.” I think the government knows of these notice boards and keeps tabs on it.”

“Then why would the government need hypnotize us?”

“You see Kai, the people are getting closer to revealing the truth, the closer they get, the more precautions are done by the government. When the meteorite landed, they blocked of roads and took away books related. When the notice board put up the idea, the precaution of hypnotizing appeared so that no one will know of this.”

Lilianne smiled and said, “You seem to be getting smarter for once.”

“Hey! I’m smart when it comes to subjects I like, but school isn’t one of them.”

“So what’s our plan?”

“Don’t worry Lilianne, since Kai is very soon to be healed, we can start preparing now and leave early tomorrow morning. And if you’re looking for a place to go to, I know.”

“What will then happen to your sister Auron?”

“We’ll pick her up, she might decline what we are to say, and if she were, we’d have to force her to come with us. She might be nagging all the time, but she’s still my sister.”

“What a sweet sentence, I never knew you have that kind of you inside.” Kai chuckled.

“Shut up!”

And that night, we started to prepare for our ‘cross-country trip’ and our way of leaving early morning. I’m not sure if all I planned was going to work out, but I hope it will, for the best of us.



© 2010 Roze


Author's Note

Roze
I get lazy writing these notes, so... Read, review and check.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on February 22, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010


Author

Roze
Roze

Manila, Philippines



About
I thought of writing ever since I thought that I could write down whatever I imagined. Look how many 'thought' were in that sentence. more..

Writing