Chapter 3: Disappearance

Chapter 3: Disappearance

A Chapter by Roze
"

Kai has suddenly disappeared ever since our split-up after the meeting! I don't like where this is going.

"

            “Why is that?” Lilianne asked with a puzzled look.

            “The rocks have a radioactive compound which would spread to the people who were near the meteorite rocks. That would be contagious to nearby people and then the town will eventually become deserted. This could come out worse, if like us, had an idea this radical, whom was carrying the disease were to leave town and go to nearby towns, which would affect the other town and cause it to be deserted to. And if that process were to continue, this might be the start of the end of the world: Ragnarok.” I said with a serious tone.

            “And how about the books about sleeping and about your sleeping problem, Auron?” Kai asked with doubt.

            “That, my friend, is the effect of the first step of the unknown disease; to us, though.” I said this and noticed that Lilianne was about to comment, “Hold on, Lilianne, I know what you’re going to say. I said that because of one reason, because the books about sleeping problems have the key to letting the people of the town know about the ‘unknown’ disease and will start Ragnarok.”

            “So what do we do now?” Kai asked.

            At that time, I didn’t know what I was actually saying, but had a feeling that my statements were either near or the exact. I also told my friends to meet tomorrow morning for a meeting to discuss what we were going to do about it.

            When I arrived home, my sister asked where I’ve gone, but I just covered it up by saying, my friends and I went to the local library, which was the truth, to some point.

 

--The Next Day: June 15th, 2008--

 

            I decided to leave early, but then my sister caught me, “Where are you going, Auron!?”

            “I’m going with my friends to the swimming pool.” I said. I had to make something up to get away from my nagging sister.

            I met up with Lilianne at the second block, but couldn’t see Kai anywhere, “We said we’d meet at second block!”

            “Maybe he has some problems. Let’s go check on him.” Lilianne asked.

            Once we arrived at Kai’s house, (very distinct, it’s the brightest colored house in the neighborhood,) we asked for Kai, but the maid just said, “Master didn’t go home yesterday.”

            “That’s unfortunate and weird.” Lilianne gave a thought, “Do you think it’s the unknown compound?”

            “Maybe, or something bad happened to him.” I said.

            We rushed to the town square to see what was the new news on the town hall board. We saw many papers, like “Help! Dog Missing!” “Unfortunate young man ran over by a car: Alive and in the hospital.”

            “Quick! Let’s go! I think I know what happened to him.” I said.

            As we arrived at the hospital, I asked to see where the room of the ‘unfortunate young man’s’ room was. They said at the 9th floor. We used the elevator to save our energy for the talk we were going to have with this young man.

            The hospital was clean and new, and was accepting any kind of patients, to increase it’s reputation. When we arrived, we saw Kai lying down on the bed and say, “What’s up guys,” in a soft, weak voice. His room though, was white and plain, with a bed and television.

            “What happened to you?” Lilianne glanced at my hand, “Why are you carrying that?”

            “Oh, it piqued my interest, so I grabbed it.” I said, “Anyways, go on Kai.”

            “I was just walking the normal way to my house till I suddenly fell to sleep in the middle of the road.” He answered.

            We were shocked by his story, “Were there any weird things going on in the road? Nasty smell or something like that?” I said with a mind reading look.

            “You’re getting better at doing that, Auron. Yes, there was this horrible stench that none possible could not have fallen to its horribleness.”

            “Thanks, I got this ability ever since I got a kind of insomnia. But honestly, I’d rather have more sleep than this.” I said with a sigh.

            “Anyway, what’s that you’ve got there?”

            “Oh this? The title was ‘I can’t get out of town!’ I thought this was an interesting one to read, so I took it. It looks like the government is one step ahead of us.”

            “That’s weird and you’re usually the one with the most off conclusions.” Lilianne said with a very distinct, which she tried to hide, shocked face.

            We wrapped up and slept with Kai, thinking that he’d be lonely without anybody at his side and no one to help him.



© 2010 Roze


Author's Note

Roze
I'm not sure how to improve it, but I think a start is word choice. If anybody has a good word that will go well with the chapter, tell me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on February 22, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010


Author

Roze
Roze

Manila, Philippines



About
I thought of writing ever since I thought that I could write down whatever I imagined. Look how many 'thought' were in that sentence. more..

Writing