Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Autistic Alice
"

The tragic life they live...the life they must endure...

"
It was a long wait but it was nothing compared to the declining health of their mother. Sixteen year old differently gendered twins sat there patiently and quietly while their bratty cousin with down syndrome continued crying. Ayako Kuroneko, the female twin had covered her ears to the loud sounds. Sakumi had done nothing but baby her during this long wait yet nothing seemed to stop her distress.

Akio knew better than to believe Miyaki really was distressed. It seemed like a plea for mommy's attention. Miyaki wasn't sweet and innocent like most kids with down syndrome, only now he wished she was. 

"It's because you spoil her. You put her first before anyone else in the world and you get all the f*****g sympathy in the world for it too!" Akio glared at his aunt who had her daughter in a tight hug. "You let he do whatever the hell she wants just because of he disability..." He sighed while looking his twin sister who had her own share of problems.

"I don't baby my daughter! You just don't get what it's like having a disabled person in your life." Sakumi glared back at her nephew when she noticed Ayako staring off into the distance. "...and don't say having a crazy sister with a twisted mind counts. Your twin sister shouldn't even be labeled under disability!" She let Miyaki go play with the toys in the waiting room.

Ayako stood up from the uncomfortable chairs, wearing a black petticoat skirt with black and white strap leggings, red sparkling ballet flats and a long sleeve black shirt under a dark red corset. Her straight raven black hair overlapped her shoulders as she curled a few of the strands around her index fingers. One of the things that she loved to do was dancing with her imaginary friends from Alice in wonderland. 

Akio could see her imaginary friends too but pretended not to notice. Her fear of ghosts would most likely jeopardize her friendship with Alice and Hatter. Ayako looked at her brother with an emotionless expression in her deep sapphire blue eyes.

"Where are your imaginary friends, Ayako?" Akio asked her even though he knew where they were.

"Imaginary friends? Oh, please... Ayako, you are sixteen years old not five...start acting like a teenager..." Sakumi rolled her eyes at her niece who ignored her and pointed to the seats next to them.

"...and yet when it's Miyaki, you find it the cutest thing in the damn world..." Akio snapped at his aunt. "Stop putting down my twin sister or I'll make Miyaki's life hell!" He smirked when her head shook with disbelief.

Ayako spun in a circle following Alice who was doing the same thing. This only made Sakumi glare at her niece for acting so strangely with other patients looking at her. Sakumi couldn't handle the looks when it was her own niece acting out of the ordinary.

"Ayako, dear, please sit down..." Sakumi tried to be nice but Ayako wouldn't listen to her.

"Ayako, come sit down before mt. Sakumi blows it's top." Akio snickered when his twin sister rushed over to sit next to her twin brother. "I know it's getting harder for you to wait but you have to keep trying, okay?" He told his twin sister as he placed his hand on her hip.

"You know, it's rude for you to make up nicknames for me. Didn't Masumi ever tell you to respect your elders?" Sakumi gave her nephew a dirty look, causing him to snicker.

"Hey, it's not my fault Ayako hates you. Maybe if you had more respect for us we would respect you, am I right?" Akio grinned at his aunt deviously.

Akio frowned when he noticed his mother's spirit sitting beside them. It had only meant one thing to both of the twins - their mother had passed away. Ayako knew it too which is what caused her try bolting into the room her mother was in.

"Ayako, come back!" Akio grabbed her arm just as soon as the nurse came out to give them the bad news of her death. "I'm sorry, okay? I know I told you everything would be okay but..." He held her tightly while she sobbed into her brother's chest.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but...Masumi...has passed away...but she left this note for...her twin children..." The nurse handed the twins a note that Akio placed into his pocket. "She has placed you and Ayako under the care of her sister Sakumi who she hopes will treat you well..." She explained to them.

Akio tried hard to hold back his tears, feeling as if he betrayed his twin sister. It was only worse when their mother was no gone from their life. Ayako would never be able to live with their abusive aunt and father nor would he.

Things were only about to get worse for both twins who could only hope things would soon get better. It was going to be tragic enough for them to be without their mother who fought hard to stay in their lives. Masumi had fought well but it was just her time to go for all her efforts that she had to let go.


© 2012 Autistic Alice


Author's Note

Autistic Alice
I'm sorry if it sucks. It will get better as the story goes on. I figured I would make this the prologue to start off the change of events. >_< Excuse any typos. If you see any just let me know. I wrote this on my iPad. >__<

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on April 3, 2012
Last Updated on April 3, 2012
Tags: disabilities, death, tragedy, twins, family, supernatural, paranormal


Author

Autistic Alice
Autistic Alice

Gold Canyon, AZ



About
My name is Alice. I am 23 years old and I am diagnosed with multiple disabilities. I am emotionally-sensitive and socially-awkward. I have worse problems in real life than I do online. I am a writt.. more..

Writing