A different type of Santa

A different type of Santa

A Story by Ralphy
"

A fictional story about a new Santa

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of A different type of Santa.



 

A Different type of Santa
 
It was a wild year, plagued with hardship, pain, and uncertainty, in an unforgiving world. People struggled long and hard to reach a platform that was stable, just to watch it disappear just like flash paper or that point where the temperature reaches ignition that engulfs its surroundings.
For me it was extremely difficult to maintain the pagoda of good even though it was second nature. I knew no one could dispute my claim of good for my kind jesters had reached epic proportions and the evidence lingered on the faces of children’s beaming from smiles. It would start with their eyes, the lids drawn back and pupils dilated as if left in a dark enclosure for days on end. The whites of their eyes would literally vanish, leaving the beautiful colors that remained that made each child eyes unique. The pure excitement would flush the darkest cheeks and fill them with that red color of happiness. Almost all of the finite cheeks would rise, while that hyperactive gasp that gives way to the riveting giggle brightened what we all love to see and hear. I wanted to start posting a warning signs in hopes to protect me from the “the no good deeds goes unpunished” before it reared its ugly faces but decided it was not necessary. These children were as happy as could be, I felt like a million dollars for just participating, and I knew that a just reward was just around the corner.
Back a few weeks ago I met up the trio called cutes. Each of these wonderful women comprised of latitude spaces, and filled with inspiration, and poise, guarded in glass housings, shattered my perception of the tiring women of the past; the ones that tend to lose their reality after the train leaves the port. No, now women want to change the future, and rightly so, they are uniquely qualified. These women had created a new world, one of vigor and elapsed into a black hole that shimmed the sculpture that squandering time into many venues of the imagination. Our trio, known as cute, cutest, and of cute, had become the new Santa’s know to humankind. Yes, they removed the old man taboo and transformed themselves into the trio Santa of the new world. Cute changed her name to Cute Santa “CS”, Cutest migrated her name to Cuteness of Santa (COS) and of cute, totally redid her name to Just as Cute ( JAC). She always has to be the different one.
 I really wasn’t sure what inspired these women to take this path but I kind of enjoyed the new sexy attire. Honestly, Santa himself could not fill these suits the same way and of course losing the beard would be a great improvement. Now with the long flowing hair, draping in the breeze while crackling with each bounce as it whipped the air; like a rider given boost to a horse. Each of these women, so sexy, that every man who sees them,  has no clue what to say or do as the trio passed them by. Of course, they would not whistle at them, especially if they wanted a dynamite present for Christmas or if they wanted their wives or girlfriends to give them that special treat.  You know the type that Santa can give the incentive for…this was a new level of respect, one that has been invisible for millions of years, and this year, 2008 would test its validity. 
 
I had just finished taken a long afternoon siesta when my door alert buzzer sounded. That annoying sound that reverberates in the back of your head, which is typical of an apartment complex.  As I walked towards the door, I could hear many sounds converging in the hallway. The little girl down the hall screaming here sounds of joy, as any typical little child would as they expand their lungs capacity. I could also hear Elle and Jared chattering with a noticeable level of excitement that made me wonder what is going on. As I open the door, Jared turned to greet me and smiled.
“Hey dude, check this out.” He pointed down the hall at the trio of Santa’s dragging some rather large packages. 
I stood there and starred at the finely embroidered letters on Cute Santa‘s (CS) jacket. As she walked towards us, her footsteps graced in poetry like words on a page. Her sleek walk would capture an audience of many, as time seemed to stand still or drift along in slow motion. Yeah, when Santa moved, his belly would shake but when these girls walked, their entire body shook to the rhythm of motions, that rare quality we don’t get to see on a daily basis.  I suppose it was only me paying such close attention, considering Jared eyes had better be fixated on his golden hair honey, Elle.
As the trio dragged these heavy boxes down the hall, the excitement began to grow and reflections of happiness overshadowed in Elle’s face   Jared’s expressions seemed to spring out, sort of like a flabbergasted look of surprise. As for me, I was not sure what was going on but I thought maybe, presents were in order.  Nevertheless, I was in awe just watching the trio approaching, not paying attention to the boxes.
Cutest of Santa spoke to Elle and Jared and asked them a single question.
 “Have you been good this year?”
And without a moment’s hesitation they responded “Yes!”
 I enjoyed them kissing up to the trio, as the Christmas light from Elle and Jared’s Christmas theme rolled into view.  Just as Cute commented, “oh how beautiful.” Although the most important words spoken came from Cute Santa when she reminded the couple not to open the presents until Christmas morning and with much excitement, they agreed. The trio pushed the large packages into Elle and Jared’s place as these enormous packages overtook their living room. 
After a few minutes Just as Cute carrying a bag, laced it around my doorknob and smiled. I thought for a moment then looked into the bag. My smiled turned to a frown, then to anger as I pulled out several lumps of coal. I turned to Just as Cute and asked…
“What is this, why are these coal in my stocking, and why didn’t I get presents like Jared and Elle?”
“Well, they were good this year, and treated each other with dignity and respect so we gave them items that glisten in gold and savor in flavor. I’m truly sorry you weren’t given the good stuff, but we were informed of your naughty behavior.”
“I wasn’t naughty, I sure your mistaken?”
“I must disagree with you, Memphis Payne has on numerous occasions called you a pervert, and to our standards this is classified as naughty.”
“MEMPHIS PAYNE, she’s lost in the rocky horror picture show, and she always calls me perverted, I think it had something to do with a picture of hers I liked, but I’m not perverted. Not at all JAC, really, I’ve done so many wonderful things this year, I don’t deserve this stocking of coal!” 
“Why would Memphis Payne lie? She’s not that type of person.”
“She’s not lying, she joking; you know me, you have that magic scope that shows all those great things I’ve done without bolstering on my behalf.”
 “Ok, Ralphy, lets open the scope and look to see what you done this year to deserve the wonderful gifts instead of the lumps of coal.”
“See, I’m giving that little child a toy, and he is so happy. His smile could brighten the densest forest, or light up a tunnel, see the happiness. Look, look, there is a little girl who was so sad, and I gave her that snowman, now just look at her joy. That was my good, and I’m so surprised that anyone would question my attentions. You know it’s difficult to do anything nice for kids now a days, most parents just don’t trust people.”
“Well, well, I suppose your right. You do deserve the same presents as Elle and Jared.”
After the intense argument, Just as Cute motioned to Cute Santa and Cutest of Santa to bring the last set of gifts in. As they turned the corner, the little girl ran excitedly, in the hall, screaming “Santa.” Her face was flushed with joy. 
“I was good, I was good, just ask my mommy, she’ll tell you. I waited the whole year for something great, wonderful, and stupendous to come for me. Did you bring me anything?” She asked JAC.
“Why yes I did, it’s coming in the door now.”
The little girl screamed in excitement as the large boxes scuffed along the carpet. I watched each box pass my room and realized that my presents were being given away to this sweet little girl, who had no idea the joy she was about to receive. Just as Cute reminded the little girl she couldn’t open the presents until Christmas and the child wholeheartedly agreed.
I turned to Just as Cute and said. “It had nothing to do with Memphis Payne, it had to do with this little girl, and you wanted me to give up my presents so she could have them. You didn’t need to give me the sack of coal, I would have understood.”
“You are a gracious man, but we have reasons for everything thing we do, don’t read too much into it.”
I just starred at Just as Cute as she kissed me on my cheek. It began to tingle like a numbing sensation, and then Cute Santa kissed my other cheek, which did the same thing, tingled as my cheeks lit up. Then finally, COS kissed my lips and my knees buckled and I fell back into their arms. As they left me on my bed, in a weaker state of mind, I could her soft words drifting through the cracks and gaps…
“Merry Christmas to all, well be back next year.”
It’s only a few days till Christmas, and I’ll just have to wait to see what I missed out this year, but on the other hand, my present wasn’t that bad, actually quite nice.
 
 
 
 

© 2008 Ralphy


Author's Note

Ralphy
Please ignore grammar and spelling



Featured Review

This was the best christmas story I have read in the past 5 years.

I cannot remember any christmas story before that.

And how I wish to meet these sexy santas.

Your form of writing is amazing, and this time, the flow has vastly improved, it was like cutting through butter with a hot knife, it was smooth.

Your fundamentals have vastly improved, and is amazing.

This is a wonderful piece.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was simply an amazing story with a great clear point. I tend to ignore the little things like grammer and spelling and look more at the general writing. The story was very good. Grammar and spelling can be fixed. To make a bad story into a good one, not so easy. This story is the good one. Bravo!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ralphy if you gave your writing more time and less angst it would be awsome, its diffilcult to ignore grammar and such to be honest, although, you didnt do a bad job at all, I like the way you bring the scenes to life,
keep up the great work, but you will improve the quality if you dont rush it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Cute story, with the Ralphy "touch" to it!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

*scratches head* well, the gesture and meaning of the story is great. I would almost compare it to the message from "the gift of the magi" and that is saying something.
But my problem wasn't your story or the context. It was the wordage and tense that kept jumping back and forth.
and one major misspelling i noticed was "intentions" not "attentions'

this was good, but could be better. keep up the good work,
cole-

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was the best christmas story I have read in the past 5 years.

I cannot remember any christmas story before that.

And how I wish to meet these sexy santas.

Your form of writing is amazing, and this time, the flow has vastly improved, it was like cutting through butter with a hot knife, it was smooth.

Your fundamentals have vastly improved, and is amazing.

This is a wonderful piece.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Aww why thank you for mentioning me, hahahaha I was going to say that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that I prevented you from getting the gift you wanted. Really who needs gold baubles ^_^ good story now let's see if people actually get the meaning behind it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2008
Last Updated on December 22, 2008

Author

Ralphy
Ralphy

Belleville, MI



About
No matter how dark life is, or how clouded, there is always a lighter side to itone that fills you heart with love and your soul with joy Im a complex person of multiracial background, about 5.. more..

Writing
Colorful Goo Colorful Goo

A Poem by Ralphy


The Canvas The Canvas

A Poem by Ralphy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shackled Shackled

A Poem by Ralphy