Without You, I'm Nothing

Without You, I'm Nothing

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
"

Dedicated to my beloved poetry.

"

When my world was lonely,

You’d be there to set me free

Unchaining me from the bonds,

The wicked demons inside of me.

My hope was lost,

You restored my devotion,

A thoughtful symphony,

Of my soul’s every emotion.

 

My thoughts were so mangled,

Just words in my head

And you set the words free

For every tear I had to shed.

 

You were every hurtful past,

I tried to erase…

Every lifetime dream

I ever wanted to chase.

 

A blanket of black,

And you were gone in a flash

Setting fire to my heart,

Now all there is ash.

 

Without you, I am nothing

But a lonely soul, you see.

With sorrow in my broken heart

You were there to set me free.

 

© 2008 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


Author's Note

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
On April 5th, 2008 - My laptop crashed with one click of a button, and my poetry was taken from me with a black screen in my face. It's kind of like how I felt after the Great Deletion, only most was restored. Now all that survives of my work is on WritersCafe, and it feels about a thousand times more painful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I completely agree.

When the cafe crashed, I felt horrible. I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue but I did. Then one day, I misplaced my usb where I have MOST of my work. I went crazy. That usb is my life. Fortunately I found it, but I completely understand ...

"Without you, I am nothing
But a lonely soul, you see.
With sorrow in my broken heart
You were there to set me free."

... "it feels about a thousand times more painful."



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love the poem, but must ask, did the harddrive die and if so you can recover the data either way unless it did as your poem stated...become ash. Anyway, I love you write. And her I though he left you...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Excellent insight into the depths of poetry. It's an art form that takes emotions and puts it on paper. The best writers are usually the most troubled and riddled with inner turmoil. Without feeling the full spectrum of emotions, it would be hard to convert it to paper. For some it's a hindrance for others it's a talent. Great job showing off your talent.

Only one line that stopped the steady flow was in the second to last stanza "Now all there is ash."
Suggested changes:
Now all there is, is ash.
Now all that's left is ash.

Those are all I could think of during this 5 min. break from work.

Nice write, thanks for sharing.


Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh my! I'm horrified by the thought of losing my writing, so I can only imagine the suffering! You have described it remarkably well.... love the metaphor of a lost love! Brilliant.

Great piece. Beautifully written :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


rayne, written as only a poet could, expressing in true metaphoric form, one can't help but to feel
your pain, knowing how each writing is a piece of the soul, the steady feeling of loss is evident in
your words, the rhyme form is subtle and encapsulates a sense of grief, as the readers certainly
mourns with the meaning, if I personally lost all of my work suddenly, i couldn't say how heartbreaking
it would be, thus, i am glad as to the consclusion, knowing one can always rebuild, and
you were able to restore 3/4. the gentle yet passionate form conforms to your thoughts, nicely done.


Posted 16 Years Ago


THIS IS TRULY A MASTERPIECE! I absolutely LOVE this...I feel this soo much :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can relate to you here. I lost my hard drive not once but twice with in a year. The first time i was able to recover most of my stuff out of it the second time it was terminal no saving it. I learned my lesson though I back everything up onto a external hard drive now and to cd's once a month. I feel your pain and I am truly sorry for your lost.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! I can totally relate to what you're saying in this poem. I can't live without letting out my emotions through poetry. Once again, I LOVE your rhyming! You make it seem so natural... so easy. Your metaphors made the whole poem flow without any interruptions. You made your poetry seem as if it were a real person... a very special person. That's what I call good use of personification. I can't reallythink of any advice... this piece is just that good to not know. But I'd say... keep up the good... I mean... GREAT work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My pc crashes all the time-very knackerring as I say!

A beautiful piece to your true love. Wonderfully written

:)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am so sorry!!! I know I can not imagine what it would be like not to have my writings! I think you expressed yourself beautifully! I loved the image you gave. I do hope you will not give up. Keep writing! You are unique in your style.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can understand. My writing is what has helped me keep my sanity. And losing it is like losing a part of me.
So well expressed.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 7, 2008
Last Updated on April 9, 2008

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..