Dear High School,

Dear High School,

A Chapter by Becky Lawrence
"

Damn high school and its evil ways.

"
What the hell? Why did you have to barge in and take away everything I thought I had? I lost my friends, my grades, my respect for a lot of people; but I can live without those things. The one thing you took from me that I will never get back is my ability to write. Before high school all I did was write stories, and after a couple terms, I could barely pick up a pen any more. You ruined the inspiration I found in everything. You distracted me with the problems you presented me. Math class made me feel stupid, biology was out of m league, gym made me hate spandex more (The coach was a chick, nuff said), and marching took up a lot of my time. But worst of all was English. That damn class made me hate writing. Instead of the freedom of the stories I wrote, that class made me analyze everything. I had to figure out the exactly perfect way to present every idea or I would fail the class. And the teacher let me know that I was nothing, a mere amateur at what I do, a writer that will never leave a mark on anyone in this world. That really hurts a person, let me tell you. And I would probably be able to laugh it off if you didn't tell me every day that I needed to get better. You told me that I could be okay, not anything more. You told me that since I'm only in high school and a boring individual that my stories aren't worth anyone's time. I gave you some work to read, for an assignment, and you ripped it apart. You told me that it wasn't any good. I hated you for it. I wanted to scream because you frustrated me so much!
And now, every time I pick up the pen and try to write, I tear it apart just like you did. I can't write anything because it just isn't good enough! No one wants to read a single f*****g s****y word that I put on paper. So why even try? If I was a good writer, I would be able to write freely no matter what, but instead I got choked up by some things a stupid teacher told me. I have writer's block like hell, and I can't shake it off. Thanks.


© 2011 Becky Lawrence


Author's Note

Becky Lawrence
My English teacher hated my writing because I didn't write about the things she wanted to read about. A short story I gave her she told me was to sinister and evil. The assignment was to write a story about a woman that sent her love to face a tiger, what was it supposed to be?! Happy?!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know how you feel, which I figure may or may not help you, but just so you know, you're not alone in this. Distance yourself from others' opinions and maybe your writer's block will go away. I think this piece was rather convincing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011


Author

Becky Lawrence
Becky Lawrence

About
I've been writing since seventh grade. It started as a hobby and became an addiction. I have become an insomniac because of the thoughts and ideas going on in my head. I will read most read request.. more..

Writing