Regrets

Regrets

A Chapter by Deepika
"

They can either make you or break you

"


Be it ‘Gimme some sunshine’ from blockbuster 3 idiots movie or ‘If I knew then’ from classic BSB collections, the songs strike the same fork; seeking the power to undo the past or imploring the life to provide a chance to correct them in future.  Perhaps these excerpts were derived from those moments of lyricist’s life while he was lamenting over his bygone childhood days that had no fun  or grieving over the wrong choice in his relationship which could be basically termed as ‘regretting’ the past!

 

Regrets by Definition, is the emotion we experience when we think that our present situation could be better or happier if we had done something different in the past. We derive regrets from the fact that we consider ourselves at the center, for all our devastations , and  less likely blame the situations.  It perfectly makes sense to accept our mishaps until we make sure we don’t get buried under it’s weights and struggle to breath fresh air ever again. After all not having regrets indicates some kinda brain damage, something what a psychopath faces. We all want to prove ourselves humane and rational and for this, emotions are to be felt!

 

While education, career, relationships  etc could be the major areas of we encounter regrets, even a simple tattoo on your back could be at some point of time be  the cause of your remorse. Through our regrets, we sometimes tend to handover the authority to those past actions of ours , and stumble upon our future apathetically. We might end up hating ourselves for having been that stupid with our thoughts that lead to our present regrets. Our perception of life could change making us feeble to those situations that wants us to act wisely.

 

As the saying goes ‘Things without all remedy should be without regard’; what's done is done. There is no way to change it until those magical ‘time machines’ that can take you back to those crucial moments which you want to act again, find their way into this world and you are lucky enough to get hands on it. The much easier way would be accepting our past the way it is; taking the good out of it as moments and bad as lessons! Compromising with the words of a famous writer Miller that says “Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets” , let’s change the perception of the way we handle our lives making the past better, not bitter. 

 



© 2015 Deepika


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Truthful massage in it dear.
Great read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Deepika

9 Years Ago

Thanks for your kind words :)
Saddam

9 Years Ago

Valuable, You're most welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on August 12, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2015


Author

Deepika
Deepika

bangalore, karnataka, India



Writing
Desires Desires

A Poem by Deepika


Blame game Blame game

A Poem by Deepika