Expectations

Expectations

A Chapter by Deepika

Be it the astrologer's proud prediction gained by his routine inspections of the celestial behaviors, or a farmer's estimation of a good monsoon based on his yearly observations, or a child's adamancy for a daily toffee as a result of habitual cosset,  our responses related to future calculations, desires and emotions manifest in the form of our ‘Expectations’. Expectation by definition, is something that we consider as most likely to happen in the future.


With our perceptions of the world around, as natural beings, we gain experiences. With collection of experiences we tend to picture the scenarios which the future might render, so that we can anticipate our actions based on it. The degree of these expectations may deviate from the reality. When the aberration of expectation from the reality is towards an unfavourable outcome we feel dejected. When something that was not expected happens, we feel surprised. Sometimes we would like to name such occasions as ‘luck’.


Expectations may be directed towards self, other person or group, or even things. While in most cases self expectations help us to improve ourselves, when we start having unrealistic targets for ourselves and fail to meet them, we feel frustrated. People around us may have a set of behavioral constraints for us and expect us to act accordingly. Or we may expect some people to act according to our notions and feel annoyed when they don’t reciprocate. Unanticipated situations pop up at times and shatter our proactive plans and leave our positive expectations grounded.


Managing the expectations is highly important. Expecting too much could disappoint us while expecting too little does not help us progress. Making an effort to keep the expectations close to the reality is necessary.

 



© 2014 Deepika


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

cooolll
absolutelyyy nicccc descriptionn:-):-):-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Deepika

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on December 21, 2014
Last Updated on December 23, 2014


Author

Deepika
Deepika

bangalore, karnataka, India



Writing
Desires Desires

A Poem by Deepika


Blame game Blame game

A Poem by Deepika