Honesty

Honesty

A Chapter by Deepika


What's so rewarding about spending sleepless nights reciting those lengthy sonnets, operating on those mysterious chemical equations merely to realize at the end that you stand second, below your friend, who just managed to  bribe the concerned and is now enjoying the glory of the much celebrated top position that you ever dreamt of!? Or is our honesty, as what our scriptures try convincing, bound to be fruitful in our rebirth if we happen to have one? If the straight trees are the direct targets for their perfection, what more can a rational being expect for being honest!

 

Isn’t it quite easier to escape the wrath of your girlfriend by making yourself virtually ill than confessing that you were too lazy to pull yourself off the couch to meet her? Or how about requesting your friend to say that you are off on a vacation when you get a clue that the money lender’s going to bang your house door? If Honesty is that dangerous then why is it so empathized by every holy scripture, every saint and almost by everyone who proclaim themselves as sane?

 

Well the greatest advantage is that you don’t have to remember what you said! As honesty is the foundation of the trust, and trust is the basic ingredient that binds the people as a society, being honest is mandatory for a peaceful air. Lies are analogous to the fast foods which succeeds in satisfying our taste buds, but fails to support  our body and sometimes can even be menacing.  Lie demands your talent of persuasion and appeal, a good memory whereas truth wants you to be just brave.  Else you may end up constructing a train of dishonest tales which finally looses the track and makes your life as miserable as ever. Scriptures stress on the “Karma” that says we face the reflex for each of our actions. If that’s true, then there’s no point in messing up our own lives merely to escape from the present consequences.

 

 Honesty may not get us a lot of friends, but the real ones which is more prominent.

While is agreeable that it’s not always easy to produce the facts as they are, that’s what makes it more precious like that of gold, in its most purest form. And if a person is brave enough to follow the path of honesty, reward him with your loyalty. As the saying goes ‘naked truth is better than well dressed lie’, honesty has its own dignity!

 



© 2015 Deepika


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 13, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2015


Author

Deepika
Deepika

bangalore, karnataka, India



Writing
Desires Desires

A Poem by Deepika


Blame game Blame game

A Poem by Deepika