Day 6

Day 6

A Chapter by Sadie Cahill
"

Our character continues to wander and reminiscence about his family. He really misses them.

"

I’ve gathered enough food to last me from days. The foods consisted mostly of canned foods and water. The sky today is blue, no signs of rain.


I scoured the city for any signs of someone. My knees, wary from climbing stairs and wandering the streets. I slept everywhere, regardless of the fact that I already have a place to sleep in.


I read, walked, climbed, watched. All in all, avoiding the truth while living in it.


I remember my family once again. The sliver of memory slipping through the thick cloud that I placed in my mind. These past few days, I tried not thinking about them, indulging myself into the thought of exploring these modern ruins.


I’d been frustrated with them, happy with them, angry at them… Sometimes I felt like leaving them and becoming a recluse. Responsibility held me, and I maintained my ground despite the fatigue and the temptation to just lie down in the darkness.


Now that I’m alone, oh how I yearned for their company. Perhaps reality is cruel too.



© 2017 Sadie Cahill


Author's Note

Sadie Cahill
Please tell me so if you want me to spice things up a bit. If not, I'm still spicing it up a bit.

For this part of a chapter, I kinda asked around on what they'll do if the same thing happened to them. Then, I applied a bit of what I learned. Question: What will you do if you were placed in his shoes? I'd very much like to know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

118 Views
Added on July 13, 2017
Last Updated on July 13, 2017
Tags: Experimental, Series, Journal, Post-Apocalyptic, World, Beyond, Short Story, Flash Fiction


Author

Sadie Cahill
Sadie Cahill

Manila, Luzon, Philippines



About
An easygoing person. Would write anything that comes to mind and anything that would. more..

Writing
Lastly Lastly

A Story by Sadie Cahill


Demise Demise

A Poem by Sadie Cahill